[GDT] Vancouver vs. Anaheim. Tuesday, November 28th, 7pt/10et. Rogers Arena. SNP, SN650 - The 'We did a thing!' Edition.

Chickenspear

• Chickenspear changed the title to [GDT] Vancouver vs. Anaheim. Tuesday, November 28th, 7pt/10et. Rogers Arena. SNP, SN650 - The 'We did a thing!' Edition.
12 minutes ago, Rekker said:

I've seen talk of this. Is it true? Definitely take that and wish him luck. Plays hard, just not what we need. Edit, scrolling back now and see the chatter.

12 minutes ago, Darius said:

Nice cap dump imho.  Looks like he can contribute on some nights but the money will be better spent elsewhere

Obviously the hope when he came over (and played well) was that we'd retain 50% and get a 2nd at the deadline.

A week ago in the Beauvillier trade thread I said I thought he was valueless & that I'd consider retaining 50% for a 7th if that's what it took to get $$$ for Bear, so to get a 5th and move the full salary, I won't complain. Good move for us imo. 

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

7 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Obviously the hope when he came over (and played well) was that we'd retain 50% and get a 2nd at the deadline.

A week ago in the Beauvillier trade thread I said I thought he was valueless & that I'd consider retaining 50% for a 7th if that's what it took to get $$$ for Bear, so to get a 5th and move the full salary, I won't complain. Good move for us imo. 

Agree with you, i read rumours that Lou was trying to trade him prior to the Horvat trade.  Hes a decent player but we have a few smallish skilled wingers.  Hes scored 2 goals this year.  Not a tocchet style player...maybe would have done better if Bruce was here with more run and gun. Take the 5th and the savings and lets improve the team elsewhere.

• Upvote 1