[GDT] Vancouver vs. Anaheim. Tuesday, November 28th, 7pt/10et. Rogers Arena. SNP, SN650 - The 'We did a thing!' Edition.

Chickenspear

48 minutes ago, tas said:

you're the one picking names out of the hat. I don't care who you want to cherry pick, I stand by my statement. choosing to use brawn over brain makes you a meathead. 

So you're calling all athletes meatheads. 

• Haha 1
  • ThereItIs 1

15 minutes ago, Captkirk888 said:

Well, no.

of course I remember the bubble. All our games played in Edmonton. But we needed semi-skilled bruisers like Alex Tuch, Ryan Reaves or Nick Roy, not goons. That’s the way it had been leading for years and that was good. But alas, even that is going by the wayside. 
But, no to going back to goonery.

Ryan Reaves is not skilled at all. He's a goon

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, D.B Cooper said:

I hate to say it, but the Sedin’s turn the other cheek thing was straight fucking embarrassing, and led the team to looking like a bunch of pansies, while Boston strutted their way to the cup. 

Turn the other cheek and get them on the power play is fine during the regular season, but it doesn’t win shit when it matters. 

Yes, the whole "playing the right way" thing the Sedins would talk about. Seems to me Marchand and his Bruins played the right way in order to win.

Hate BOS, but they did what it took. Now we have Petey, who also takes the glove to the face without pushback. Ahh Swedes, bless their hearts, gotta love 'em. 

• Cheers 3

1 minute ago, -dlc- said:

I also don't think they're stuck on a moment when Marchand was Marchanding.....people want to focus on the Sedins ignoring a guy who licks faces and is an absolute clown. Sure, great player...won the cup. But, in the end, not someone that everyone respects like they do the Sedins. There's hockey and then there's life after hockey with our children.

I wasn't speaking solely about the sedins, however that whole incident was embarrassing. 

I'm talking about players in general who never won the Cup. Igninla, Thornton, Alfredsson, and the like. Most of them probably would trade their left nut to have their name engraved on it. 

As well, I wouldn't be so sure that a player like Marchand is any less respected around the league than the Sedins. 

• Vintage 1

16 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

I also don't think they're stuck on a moment when Marchand was Marchanding.....people want to focus on the Sedins ignoring a guy who licks faces and is an absolute clown. Sure, great player...won the cup. Dirty as f. But, in the end, not someone that everyone respects like they do the Sedins. There's hockey and then there's life after hockey with our children.

I know who I'd wanna hang out with but we're all different.

I was embarrassed by the officiating and the NHL 

The Canucks had a dominate PP and it was obvious that they did not want the Canucks to get a powerplay at that point and were just waiting for Daniel to put his hand up and push him away, just to call them both off (had we been given a pp and scored, people would be talking of how stupid it was for Marchand to do that instead)

Sometimes turning the other cheek is the right thing to do, depending on the severity of the hit and point in the game if you can take advantage of it (I remember us always getting Instigator for standing up)

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 1

13 minutes ago, Goal_thecup said:

Whether he is called a goon or a semi-skilled bruiser, Mr. Ryan Reaves has won a Stanley Cup.

so everybody who has ever won a cup in your mind has some kind of high ground over everyone who hasn't?

seems like sound, reasonable logic to me. 

• Vintage 1

14 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

I feel like you did this nonsense last season too. Even used the Mensa statement or am I just psychic?

We're all meatheads. We are made of meat. Disgusting really. 

Different degrees of intelligence in that meat, punchers or not.

I apprecaite your desire to be more evolved though. I assume you are vegan and watch your carbon footprint. 

you correct in that my opinions haven't changed from last season to this one. 

Calgary Wranglers seem to have a mental hold on our forum and it's leaking into a GDT between the Canucks and Ducks. Let's be like the Canucks and get back on track. I'm expecting several things from this game:

- 1st line needs to be our 1st line and lead by example. Too much sizzle and not enough steak the past 10 games. 

- Hoglander needs to get a tryout on the Miller line at one point

- Hoglander deserves a PP2 tryout, he's our steadiest offensive player that isn't named - Miller Boeser Hronek Petey or Hughes (and he's been steadier than Boeser and Petey recently)

- SHUT DOWN THE VATRANO LINE... MacTavish and Vatrano are having a solid year in all situations, and are not to be taken lightly. They play a strong, tough game and can put the puck in the back of the net with the best of them. 

- Anaheim can block shots and counterattack with speed.... weak point shots in the legs (Myers' usual specialty, or what I like to call the Tanev/Edler special) are not recommended, I personally don't want to see any of that today. 

This is a winnable game against a desperate team that should make for a great divisional matchup. I'm very much looking forward to it, AND i have multiple fantasy players (including both goalies, Lybushkin, Miller, Petey and Vatrano). This is gonna be fun 🦾

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2

Future Playoff Performers - Canucks Skaters

1. Miller

2. Hughes

3. Hoglander

4. Cole

5. Blueger

6. Lafferty

7. Soucy

8. Garland

9. Joshua

10. Di Giuseppe

11. Boeser

12. Hronek

13. Friedman

HM - Myers, Suter

The rest of the team, not sure they have what it takes to handle a deep, rigorous, physical playoff run.

Pettersson

Kuzmenko

Mikheyev

Beauvillier

Maybe Petey should train with an MMF fighter or boxer next offseason. With those big blind-side hits he's been handing out, he may have to answer for it some day.

Edited by Nucker67
  • Like 2