[GDT] Vancouver vs. Anaheim. Tuesday, November 28th, 7pt/10et. Rogers Arena. SNP, SN650 - The 'We did a thing!' Edition.

Chickenspear

8 hours ago, IBatch said:

Enforcers are not meatheads.  If that's what you believe, you need to actually learn more about them.    There for sure is a difference between a goon (meathead) and an enforcer.  Parros and Grimson have law degrees I think both from Princeton.   Both made decided they wanted the NHL life that fit their role.    Williams,  Semenko, Probert, Domi could all play a checking role, and provide more than just dropping the gloves.  Go watch Tom Wilson and what he did to NYR and Panarin.   

Here is an interesting stat, Grimson was considered an enforcer by anyone's definition. The Grim Reaper played 729 games with 17-22-39 while collecting 2,113 PIM's. Tocchet played 1,114 games with 440-512-952 while collecting 2,972 PIM's. I don't think anyone would classify Tocchet as an enforcer but he certainly played like one when he needed to. 

Just learned today Tocchet is the NHL leader in Gordie Howe Hat Tricks with 18 ... source here

PS. Grimson completed his Juris Doctor degree in December 2005 at the University of Memphis Law School. Well done by anyone to complete a degree anywhere on anything. Another thing I learned today. 

GO CANUCKS GO!

Addition: There isn't a coach in the league that wouldn't want a Tocchet or two on their team, including Tocchet himself. 

Edited by Rocket-68
Added Comment
  • Like 2
  • Vintage 1

14 minutes ago, Goal_thecup said:

You are reaching.

am I indeed? you use "he won a cup" as some kind 9f unbeatable argument like a Christian uses "the lord works on mysterious ways".

if winning a cup, in your mind, justifies whatever means were used to get there, what I'm saying is that that attitude, in my mind, is inherently that of a meathead. 

• Cheers 2

Home game so I'm sure we'll destroy them and I bet Rick absolutely owned the boys after the last loss. I know Anaheim will be desperate and they'll want to end their losing streak but surely they can't get past Demko and our offence and PP will just ruin them, even if Petey is playing injured.

9-1 Canucks

• Cheers 1

14 minutes ago, 4petesake said:

IMG_0279.gif

Thank you; I've used that line for years; saw the movie, yikes, so many times.

One of the funniest movies I have ever seen.  

Murray, Chase, Dangerfield,,,, Dangerfield!  That bag!  (Poor caddy.)

The deal with the devil made by the priest.

Chevy chase pretending a bottle of beer hadn't been opened and doctored and pretending to knock the cap off before offering it.

Bill Murray and Chevy (I think) doing cannonballs (alternating booze and drugs)..

"But Scotty, if I kill all the golfers..."

9c651983-761d-49f3-a26d-a83b5fbc0069_texic1xvv.gif

caddyshack-cannonball.gifgiphy.gif?cid=6c09b952325kl8m6kq16hyy629

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, tas said:

am I indeed? you use "he won a cup" as some kind 9f unbeatable argument like a Christian uses "the lord works on mysterious ways".

if winning a cup, in your mind, justifies whatever means were used to get there, what I'm saying is that that attitude, in my mind, is inherently that of a meathead. 

Calling me a Christian now?  Them's fighting words Tas!

Ok, I'm a meathead; you satisfied?

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, IBatch said:

lol junior.  Full cage  warrior's i'm going to guess.  Not the same. 

1980's and early 90's junior actually.  I got into some pretty good tilts with some pretty tough customers, especially in the W.  Guys who went on to become NHL tough guys

40 minutes ago, tas said:

you correct in that my opinions haven't changed from last season to this one. 

So you're like a wine that has aged past its best point and not gonna get any better?

Maybe me as a meathead and you as an aged red could get some lobster and a bbq and sit down to dinner.

Edited by Goal_thecup

I love physicality and fighting and all that. Playing right at the edge of the line. I just don’t like guys who go out there with the intent to viciously injure someone. Take a run at guys, hurt them, rough them up, but don’t try and end someone’s career.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

21 minutes ago, Nucker67 said:

Future Playoff Performers - Canucks Skaters

1. Miller

2. Hughes

3. Hoglander

4. Cole

5. Blueger

6. Lafferty

7. Soucy

8. Garland

9. Joshua

10. Di Giuseppe

11. Boeser

12. Hronek

13. Friedman

HM - Myers, Suter

The rest of the team, not sure they have what it takes to handle a deep, rigorous, physical playoff run.

Pettersson

Kuzmenko

Mikheyev

Beauvillier

Maybe Petey should train with an MMF fighter or boxer next offseason. With those big blind-side hits he's been handing out, he may have to answer for it some day.

Pettersson had 18 points in 17 games for us in the bubble.

Beauvillier scored some big-clutch goals for the Islanders and elevates his game in the playoffs.

Mikheyev had 4 points in 7 games for the Leafs in his last playoff appearance with them while playing on the team's 3rd/4th line.

Only question mark is Kuzmenko because he hasn't played any playoff games in North America, and hopefully we get to see him play some this season with the Canucks.

• Cheers 1

unfortunately, I have to miss at least the first period due to a mandatory attendance strata meeting...

Should be able to make it in time for the second...

GO Nucks GO !!!!

• Cheers 1

Just now, D.B Cooper said:

This doesn’t embarrass you?  It should. 
How to say you’re a cuck without actually saying it. 

Go ahead Big Bad Brad. 
Take my cup

55920D80-3256-47FD-9C2B-1A79B1B508DC.gif

anybody who has ever used the word cuck in earnest is a meathead by default. 

no, I'm neither impressed by performative acts of mindless machismo nor embarrassed by the lack thereof. 

• Haha 2
  • ThereItIs 1

Just now, tas said:

anybody who has ever used the word cuck in earnest is a meathead by default. 

no, I'm neither impressed by performative acts of mindless machismo nor embarrassed by the lack thereof. 

Nope.  
They enjoyed sitting there watching while while someone else ate their lunch.    It was the most embarrassing moment in Canucks recent history, followed of course by another riot (way to go Vancouver).  

There was no mindless machismo.  
There was a team willing to do what it takes, and another hoping they could ask nicely for some help from the refs. 

The world wasn’t built by asking nicely and hoping for the best.  
It was built by folks who know what it takes, and get the job done.  

So impressed or not, you saw first hand how their nice guy bullshit won them nothing but a pat on the back. 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 2

7 minutes ago, grumpyone said:

unfortunately, I have to miss at least the first period due to a mandatory attendance strata meeting...

Should be able to make it in time for the second...

GO Nucks GO !!!!

Obviously whoever made the meeting on Canucks game day is either a Leafs fan or they don’t like you walking in the hallways screaming Go Canucks Go after every win… if I were you I’d attend the strata meeting via proxy or get a video call set up so everyone at the meeting won’t miss the game. In the end, We are all Canucks! 

Go Canucks Go!

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, D.B Cooper said:

Nope.  
They enjoyed sitting there watching while while someone else ate their lunch.    It was the most embarrassing moment in Canucks recent history, followed of course by another riot (way to go Vancouver).  

There was no mindless machismo.  
There was a team willing to do what it takes, and another hoping they could ask nicely for some help from the refs. 

The world wasn’t built by asking nicely and hoping for the best.  
It was built by folks who know what it takes, and get the job done.  

So impressed or not, you saw first hand how their nice guy bullshit won them nothing but a pat on the back. 

puff that chest out, bud. show the world how tough you are. 

• Haha 1

War of words over hockey fights... Okie dokie. 

Hopefully Beauvillier on Miller's line is a typo. Not sure how he's earned that spot over Hogs.

Feels like a good game to get Hog some reps up there yup. Kid's been going hard lately.

Edited by luckylager
  • Haha 1
  • Cheers 3

14 minutes ago, D.B Cooper said:

It’s not about me. 
Im not a Canuck.  
Why can you never just have a conversation?  
Now I remember why I had you blocked forever on cdc.  Lol

you're applying YOUR mindset to the team. 1+1=2. 

2 minutes ago, Mando27 said:

Wish they would try Hogs in the top 6, he might be able to spark Petey's line.

Agreed. Hoglander has been one of the best players in the last stretch of games. Giving him some time in the top 6 is a great idea. I think Beaulivier is being given the ice time for the purposes of a trade. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 3