[GDT] Vancouver vs. Anaheim. Tuesday, November 28th, 7pt/10et. Rogers Arena. SNP, SN650 - The 'We did a thing!' Edition.

Chickenspear

1 hour ago, bishopshodan said:

I feel like you did this nonsense last season too. Even used the Mensa statement or am I just psychic?

We're all meatheads. We are made of meat. Disgusting really. 

Different degrees of intelligence in that meat, punchers or not.

I apprecaite your desire to be more evolved though. I assume you are vegan and watch your carbon footprint. 

Changing the world one Canucks thread at a time.

Everything is nice to talk about but when you look at the world and what is going on…we’re all meatheads…anyone here who thinks they are higher than the rest are delusional.

We fail and succeed as a species together. And i’d say we’re tipping the precipice on failing.

But yes lets sit on too of mountains and think we’re better while tapping away at an electronic device made of plastic, metal, and probably low income labour manufactured over seas in some factory, while shipped across an ocean in a diesel burning ship to our sweet little hands…

• Like 1
  • ThereItIs 2

3 hours ago, IBatch said:

Enforcers are not meatheads.  If that's what you believe, you need to actually learn more about them.    There for sure is a difference between a goon (meathead) and an enforcer.  Parros and Grimson have law degrees I think both from Princeton.   Both made decided they wanted the NHL life that fit their role.    Williams,  Semenko, Probert, Domi could all play a checking role, and provide more than just dropping the gloves.  Go watch Tom Wilson and what he did to NYR and Panarin.   Then  imagine if he did that to EP instead, full pick up and body slamming to the ice, a guy half his size really.   Bully.  Then mocking the team in the box and on the way.

To me not much different then an adult doing the same thing to a ten year old.  Still rubs me the wrong way and I'm only a Canuck fan.    There for sure is a place for actual enforcers in this league and always will be.   Maybe educate yourself.   

Every group has them.   Even this group.   Without that social ability, the ability to protect and call things out and take the pain/burden, groups don't work.   Most gravitate to the military or law enforcement.    Every office likely has one, and if they don't it's a bad office.   Doesn't have to be the boss doing it either.    They are also leaders in their own way.    And usually loved by their peer group for their sacrifice's. 

Edit:  The league failed big time on protecting those who were employed to protect.    It really all started with the instigator penalty.  By creating that,  instead of things getting resolved right then and there on the ice,  staged fights and enforcer versus enforcer became all the rage.   And things went awol from there.   Funny thing is, the team that should be penalized, for instigating, is acts like Tom Wilson, and hundreds of others over the years.  Hand  slashing, a big code violation, became so bad after the death of the enforcer, that a lot of stars were black and blue from the hands to their elbows.  Crosby included.   And also participated, nearly severed Methot's finger with a vicious slash of his own.    Don't be so naive to think maybe the league had it right and lost it.   They for sure did. 

The leagues never going to enforce properly, although they've done maybe an ok job of it (they did identify hand slashes were so out of hand, and made that a primary focus to reign it in...know that wasn't an issue before though either).   For sure i'm worried about someone taking excessive liberties on our players come post season.   There is a reason why TB paid an entire draft class for Jeannott.   Marroon used to fill that role for him.   There is also a reason why those guys are traded around like hockey cards before the TDL.    They are valued.    Don't be surprised, if they make a comeback either.    

Now legal hits are reasons to fight which is also a bit of a joke.   But it does show players are still willing.   

The biggest issue that the NHL player safety is lack of established guideline on length of suspension.  The only consistent standard of suspension is the abuse of officials are automatic 10-game suspension, including leaving the bench to join a fight is a guideline suspension.   Any other type of infraction doesn't and it is based on a judgmental call and most often is lenient which is one-gamer.  There is a reason why most players do not abuse the official or leaving the bench to join a fight is lengthy suspension is a established policy.   What the NHL needs is an established policy for each infraction.  I do not mean your history of disciplinary action.  I mean a real established policy announced by the league, ranging from fines to suspension, for example, cross check while player is prone on the ice and the NHL doesn't have the guideline and is ranged from 1 game to 2 games.  Slew foot is another example, it's so low that players are willing to sit out a game or two for that type of moves just to get that player out of the game for a while so that their own teams can try to climb up the standing as ordered by a coach.   You never know how much evil a coach could have been and is not normally known but the behind the door type of talks. 

The NHL and NHLPA needs to sit down and negotiate an established guideline to the point where punishment is sufficient enough to detriment to the point where players wouldn't dare to try those infractions.    An example: a red card in soccer changed to the point where suspension is in order so players do not try to commit a serious foul or else he may have to sit out additional games where such rules did not exist back then.  The soccer game is a lot cleaner because of this rules so the NHL could easily figure out the type of stronger disciplinary action and you will see goon of the game will be a thing of a past because the camera is everywhere now and you can't really hide the dirty play anymore.

9 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Are you against body checks too?

Since it's meat, hitting other meat, with it's meat.

Maybe hockey is not a sport for you?

I can without hesitation state that I am not against beating ones meat.🥸  That's how most of my Saturday nights end up.🕵️‍♀️

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, DrJockitch said:

We have got ourselves into a Neanderthal pissing contest I see.

You know...Neanderthals were smart. The classic thinking has changed.

Maybe even mensa level for their time. 

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Are you against body checks too?

Since it's meat, hitting other meat, with it's meat.

Maybe hockey is not a sport for you?

hitting is to separate a player from the puck. 

• Upvote 1