[GDT] Vancouver vs. Anaheim. Tuesday, November 28th, 7pt/10et. Rogers Arena. SNP, SN650 - The 'We did a thing!' Edition.

Chickenspear

15 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

It's still violent meat attacking other meat causing lots of injury...

I'm not going to outline to you why they're different, you'll just have to take my word for it if you can't figure it out on your own. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, JamesB said:

Gallant was suspended for 4 games. Should have been more like 10 or 20 in my opinion. That is a play that needs to be out of the game. The AHL is supposed to be a developmental league. There is nothing developmental about getting cross-checked to the face by a goon.

When Abby plays the Wranglers again someone will fight Gallant but I don't think that is much of a deterrent. If the AHL and NHL are serious about trying to reduce injuries then intentional hits to the head, especially with a stick and well after the puck has gone, need to seriously penalized. A couple of 20 game suspensions would get rid of that play pretty quickly.

Sure, but in a playoff game, you can't look to the refs to rescue you.

And you have to respond, or its open season on the whole team.

You do not have to respond in kind.

43 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Are you against body checks too?

Since it's meat, hitting other meat, with it's meat.

Maybe hockey is not a sport for you?

Damn you.

Now all I can think about is my favourite pizza…  a large Meaty McMeaterson with extra meat. 

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Especially considering the fact that they were kept to the perimeter for the remainder of the series. 

Thats actually wrong.

Game 7 for example

IMG_1469.png.47bd52e1f08f5f7818bbe00bbc9c6c50.pngIMG_1468.png.725ed48f620157d6a925d599f5a1f7e2.png

They were in the dirtiest areas as you can see they laid it all on the line.

IMG_1465.png.d8fe3ded902ffa90fd23e3a29434fc58.png

look at the heat map and look at who contributed the most to the high danger dirty areas. The twins. Look how pathetic the heat map is in our zone. We were all over Boston.

3 hours ago, Goal_thecup said:

Without The Cup.

Yea thanks to Luongo.

3 hours ago, -dlc- said:

Thing is, you can  hardly call them soft....it really doesn't fit.

They didn't "fight" but that doesn't make someone "soft". Sometimes it makes them smart....I mean, goons aren't always the brightest. And then there's CTE to factor in. Sedins earned way more respect than what some show them.

100%! Keith Ballard said on podcast they were the toughest players he played with.

3 hours ago, D.B Cooper said:

I hate to say it, but the Sedin’s turn the other cheek thing was straight fucking embarrassing, and led the team to looking like a bunch of pansies, while Boston strutted their way to the cup. 

Turn the other cheek and get them on the power play is fine during the regular season, but it doesn’t win shit when it matters. 

Yea and then take quincies with a fuckin 20 something year old punk and then lose one of the top 5 scorers in the league in both the playoffs and the regular season?? Hard to win games if your top player is sitting in the box. 

We lost because Luongo sucked and Tim Thomas was 1000x better. Timmy tits stole that series.

19 minutes ago, tas said:

I'm not going to outline to you why they're different, you'll just have to take my word for it if you can't figure it out on your own. 

I respect your acceptance of the L.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, CanucksFan26 said:

I hope Kuzmenko gets back in the lineup and starts getting really hot the next few games. 

All things being equal…

If Miller scored one after being benched for 4 minutes then Kuzmenko  will score 30 after being scratched for two games.

How can we lose?

• Haha 1