[GDT] Vancouver vs. Anaheim. Tuesday, November 28th, 7pt/10et. Rogers Arena. SNP, SN650 - The 'We did a thing!' Edition.

Chickenspear

4 hours ago, stawns said:

As someone who took on that role through junior, and enjoyed it very much and was quite good at it, my personal opinion is that a "deterrent" doesn't really deter anything, it just provides some entertainment value.

That's not to say I didn't enjoy exacting a little revenge or that my teammates didn't appreciate it it, but it never prevented anything from happening really.  And given the severe head trauma most of these guys suffered in their career, it's probably best that it's left to history.  Truthfully, the league is a far better deterrent than a player ever was anyway.

Of the opposition has a player looking for a fight, I'd much rather have a tram mate ready to take him on... 

If a player wants to take QH or Petey out of the game, they can easily do so, but I don't want them targetted and having to answer the bell...

It was great to see Lafferty jump straight in, when Benning desided to give Petey a nice cross check while on the ice instead of letting Benning off with it. 
If we had a player plummeting Benning into a pulp afterwards, maybe others wouldn't be so quick to also jump Petey. 
That's the one thing I took from 2011 cup finals, where the rat got to please himself. He really should have had his ass handed to him, but we didn't have anyone tough enough to take on looch or Chara...

• Cheers 2

11 minutes ago, stawns said:

Also, which junior league wears full cages?

The joke is, everyone is a warrior until they come off.   Glad you enjoyed it.  My best man sure didn't like beating Neely, and a bunch of other guys, quite a few were scary good players.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, tas said:

not at any cost. not at the cost of being a decent person. 

"winning is all that matters" is inherently a meathead mindset. 

4 hours ago, Goal_thecup said:

Without The Cup.

I would rather us be the ones speed bagging Sedin in the head and winning the cup than be on the receiving end and not winning. 

I just feel like everything that happens on the ice stays on the ice and you can still be a decent person outside of it. 

The reason these guys play hockey should be to win the cup, not be the nicest human beings. In fact, I'd rather get rid of the players who don't have winning  at the top of their list. Go be a nice guy in Columbus or Anaheim (who also coincidentally have cup). Which reminds me, they also had a huge POS on the championship roster (Pronger). 

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

44 minutes ago, Barnstorm said:

That and Bewitched. Elizabeth Montgomery Halloween GIF

This was probably my favorite show as a kid and it was from my parents Era. Made them watch all the reruns every single day. Then I dream of Jeanie would come on and I made them watch that one with me as well. 

But on a canuck note, I really don't want to see another loss. I trust this team but these growing pains are hurting lol

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, OldFaithfulcap said:

His shot has a way of making it through. Hard to describe as it doesn't look too hard. 

he's been  underwhelming in Abby this season, as has Hirose.  I'd say both got a call up based on their strong pre-season, as opposed to how they are actually playing.........which I'm fine with, bit have showed well in their time in Van

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Happy to see McWard getting in tonight, after Hronek the puck moving ability is severely lacking on that right side. We'll see what the kid can do.

Is this confirmed? Cause I've been waiting to see him since he was sent down. Quite like what he brings

• Cheers 1

15 minutes ago, OldFaithfulcap said:

Bewitched

Flying nun

Jeanie

But it was reruns for me, not that many tree rings yet thankfully.

Gilligans Island

Get Smart

Hogans Heroes

My Favourite Martian

Courtship of Eddie’s Father

Wild Kingdom

Laugh In

Red Skelton Hour

A golden age for television. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, OldFaithfulcap said:

His shot has a way of making it through. Hard to describe as it doesn't look too hard. 

The more tastes he gets up here the better.

Like Green said a number of years ago about young guys ... some need to develop down below, other guys are better served going up and down. Hopefully his stint up here resets his game and gives him a boost of confidence.