[GDT] Vancouver vs. Anaheim. Tuesday, November 28th, 7pt/10et. Rogers Arena. SNP, SN650 - The 'We did a thing!' Edition.

Chickenspear

13 minutes ago, Barnstorm said:

Gilligans Island

Get Smart

Hogans Heroes

My Favourite Martian

Courtship of Eddie’s Father

Wild Kingdom

Laugh In

Red Skelton Hour

A golden age for television. 

Dont forget ‘Ward, i think you were a little hard on the Beaver last night’….

• Haha 3

17 minutes ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

The more tastes he gets up here the better.

Like Green said a number of years ago about young guys ... some need to develop down below, other guys are better served going up and down. Hopefully his stint up here resets his game and gives him a boost of confidence. 

I'd rather see a couple of other guys up, who have played better, over Hirose and McWard, but I'm happy they have the depth to manage call ups

• Cheers 2

4 hours ago, Nucker67 said:

Future Playoff Performers - Canucks Skaters

1. Miller

2. Hughes

3. Hoglander

4. Cole

5. Blueger

6. Lafferty

7. Soucy

8. Garland

9. Joshua

10. Di Giuseppe

11. Boeser

12. Hronek

13. Friedman

HM - Myers, Suter

The rest of the team, not sure they have what it takes to handle a deep, rigorous, physical playoff run.

Pettersson

Kuzmenko

Mikheyev

Beauvillier

Maybe Petey should train with an MMF fighter or boxer next offseason. With those big blind-side hits he's been handing out, he may have to answer for it some day.

All the chatter about Goons and Meatheads got me thinking about the difference between the playoffs and the regular season. Yes we have had and we have great players on this team, but what really matters to a lot of us are the "Playoff Performers" or who is going to be key to winning this franchise a Championship. 

I see the top 3 in the list above as guys who could potentially score the winning goal to win the Stanley Cup. Not because of their talent but because of their sheer will and determination to win. 

Scoring a goal in the regular season and scoring a goal in game 7 of the SCF are two different beasts but many on here group them as the same thing. 

Petey is great and so were the Sedins but when it comes down to it, who is going to fight through every adversity to score a goal and win the game? No excuses such as the referee or injuries or who they are playing with, they find a way to win. 

Linden was the best "playoff performer" I seen on this team and he had Bure on his team, probably one of the best Canuck players ever. Bure was good but he wasn't Linden good in the playoffs. 

Bure stuck up for himself with Churla, Daniel was hoping the referee was going to help him get the job done, it didn't work.

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, Barnstorm said:

Gilligans Island

Get Smart

Hogans Heroes

My Favourite Martian

Courtship of Eddie’s Father

Wild Kingdom

Laugh In

Red Skelton Hour

A golden age for television. 

1 Adam 12

Gunsmoke

Bonanza

The Rifelman

Columbo

Archie Bunker

Just to name a few others

• Like 1
  • Vintage 2

27 minutes ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

The more tastes he gets up here the better.

Like Green said a number of years ago about young guys ... some need to develop down below, other guys are better served going up and down. Hopefully his stint up here resets his game and gives him a boost of confidence. 

I really think colliton is a hidden gem and we'll be lucky to keep him soon. He's rebuilding his career but he's young still. I'm rarely disappointed in Abby callups.

• Cheers 2

4 hours ago, Nucker67 said:

Future Playoff Performers - Canucks Skaters

1. Miller

2. Hughes

3. Hoglander

4. Cole

5. Blueger

6. Lafferty

7. Soucy

8. Garland

9. Joshua

10. Di Giuseppe

11. Boeser

12. Hronek

13. Friedman

HM - Myers, Suter

The rest of the team, not sure they have what it takes to handle a deep, rigorous, physical playoff run.

Pettersson

Kuzmenko

Mikheyev

Beauvillier

Maybe Petey should train with an MMF fighter or boxer next offseason. With those big blind-side hits he's been handing out, he may have to answer for it some day.

Petey is over point per game in the playoffs

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, snowman955 said:

1 Adam 12

Gunsmoke

Bonanza

The Rifelman

Columbo

Archie Bunker

Just to name a few others

Green Acres

Mr Ed 

Petticoat Junction

My Three Sons 

Ed Sullivan ( topo gigio )

Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea 

Monty Python’s Flying Circus

Andy Griffith Show

Carol Burnett Show

Had to watch these because there was only one tv and I wasn’t paying the bills…

Don Messier

Lawrence Welk 

• Vintage 1

Discipline could be an issue for Anaheim against the Canucks third-ranked power play in the league. The Ducks lead the NHL in minor penalties, major penalties, bench penalties and total penalties taken, along with overall penalty minutes accumulated this season. 🙂

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, PhillipBlunt said:

It was entertaining hearing some of the goofy questions that the media dullards asked Tocchet regarding his critique of the team after the loss to the Sharks. Have to give him credit for how he manages such inane chatter. 

It always amazes me how many in vancouver hockey media have jobs...no wonder players get sick of them...ask a real question or don't ask anything...

• Vintage 1

Big trap game for the Canucks. Should have taken 2 from SJ but didn't bring a 60 min game, and Kudo's to SJ for playing making it hard on them regardless.. but you can't give away 2 pts like that if you want to be a real contender...same with tonight...Ducks are reeling and need a win, Canucks may take them lightly again.

Doesn't matter how much a team sucks, its the NHL, if you don't bring it you can lose. I hope they're ready tonight because you don't want to throw away 4 points to SJ and ANA....

• Cheers 1

29 minutes ago, stawns said:

I'd rather see a couple of other guys up, who have played better, over Hirose and McWard, but I'm happy they have the depth to manage call ups

I think the coaches of Abby + Van would agree with you, but they're the only ones that are waiver exempt.

• Upvote 1