[GDT] Vancouver vs. Anaheim. Tuesday, November 28th, 7pt/10et. Rogers Arena. SNP, SN650 - The 'We did a thing!' Edition.

Chickenspear

2 minutes ago, billydakid said:

It always amazes me how many in vancouver hockey media have jobs...no wonder players get sick of them...ask a real question or don't ask anything...

Totally. Half of the answers seemed to be concerned with gauging the emotional status of the team and whether Tocchet's comments offended them. Clown show material, if you ask me.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Just now, PhillipBlunt said:

Totally. Half of the answers seemed to be concerned with gauging the emotional status of the team and whether Tocchet's comments offended them. Clown show material, if you ask me.

TMZ of sports media, not to be taken seriously. I'm guessing Drance was part of this. The same guy who was screaming tear it down to the studs (and somehow retain Petey lol), endlessly barked about how the Hornek trade was wrong and wrong timing....and now...crickets...Won't even say he was wrong...lol...I really dislike that guy

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, billydakid said:

TMZ of sports media, not to be taken seriously. I'm guessing Drance was part of this. The same guy who was screaming tear it down to the studs (and somehow retain Petey lol), endlessly barked about how the Hornek trade was wrong and wrong timing....and now...crickets...Won't even say he was wrong...lol...I really dislike that guy

Same. He's of the new ilk of reporters who ask leading questions and read into answers to find some other implication beyond what was actually said.

Fact is, these clowns wouldn't last a day in the GM chair at all, yet they constantly dissect every move made from a skewed, analytical lens. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, higgyfan said:

I think the coaches of Abby + Van would agree with you, but they're the only ones that are waiver exempt.

that's a good point, but anyone who is called up has 30 days before they have to pass through waivers again

1 hour ago, CanucksJay said:

I would rather us be the ones speed bagging Sedin in the head and winning the cup than be on the receiving end and not winning. 

I just feel like everything that happens on the ice stays on the ice and you can still be a decent person outside of it. 

The reason these guys play hockey should be to win the cup, not be the nicest human beings. In fact, I'd rather get rid of the players who don't have winning  at the top of their list. Go be a nice guy in Columbus or Anaheim (who also coincidentally have cup). Which reminds me, they also had a huge POS on the championship roster (Pronger). 

why can't they play hockey to have a productive career doing something they love?

their priorities don't need to be your priorities. 

for all you people thinking the canucks need enforcers or goons to add toughness, this is the kind of toughness the canucks need to add. 

https://x.com/Sportsnet/status/1729368220224589903?s=20

• Haha 2

30 minutes ago, tas said:

why can't they play hockey to have a productive career doing something they love?

for all you people thinking the canucks need enforcers or goons to add toughness, this is the kind of toughness the canucks need to add. 

No, this is what we need......................

image.png.00676fdd09517406e6b2806f679246f2.png

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, tas said:

I dont think i want to see this…

That’s enough guys I’ve seen enough…

and they keep showing it closer and closer and closer 

don’t know why but I starting to laugh - it was in his voice or something… 

WoW, another interesting stat - continuation of my post on page 4 - not judging on quality of bouts just the quantity. Anyway you slice it, Tocchet was no wall flower and could score goals!

Total Career Fights

Stu Grimson - 218

Rick Tocchet - 174

Source: https://www.hockeyfights.com/players/50

2 minutes ago, higgyfan said:

I think Wolanen is still injured and Woo took a shot to the head in the last game.  Anyone else?

Jeezus, can we have at least several seasons without any serious injuries..?

Out of curiosity, I wonder if there’s a statistic list from what teams get “the least amount of injuries to the worst” for the past decade? 🤔 

Edited by Crimson JH
  • Sad 1