[Report/Rumour] Elias Pettersson Contract Talks

Rubik

6 hours ago, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

I love how he basically tells the media, "I'm not the fucking problem, you're the fucking problem, now get off my fucking case and fuck off already", but not in so many words.  :towel:

Your words I think many on here would use.I would think about it lol

On 9/17/2023 at 9:14 AM, Elias Pettersson said:

Petey didn’t want the captaincy. Huggy is going to lead this team to the cup. Petey is still going to be a main driving force as well. 

Linden and Bure. Sedin and Sedin. Petey and Huggy. It takes two to tango. A four year extension isn’t the end of the world. Puts Petey as a UFA one year after Huggy. 

In four years we are either contending, maybe cup champions, or rebuilding. So, the Petey and Huggy era may only be for another 4 years. 

People seems to forget that both Linden and Bure left the Canucks by age 27. So they didn’t stick around too long. Petey is already almost 25. A four year deal puts him to age 30. So we had him for his prime years. You can’t really be upset if he leaves after that time. 

Spot on... 

If he doesn't want to sign longer than 4 years, its not the end of the world. 
if we look good going forward they got 3 years to talk him into an extention. If we don't, he'll be a casualty anyway in a rebuild. 

• Cheers 1

On 9/21/2023 at 5:08 PM, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

I love how he basically tells the media, "I'm not the fucking problem, you're the fucking problem, now get off my fucking case and fuck off already", but not in so many words.  :towel:

It kind of sucked this kind of banter already started. Fans are dying for something positive and to be jabbing between the media already doesn't leave a good feeling; it doesn't feel like a fresh start. Need to drop the frustration from previous seasons, don't let it carry over, and start fresh. Both sides, be professionals. Get to work boys!

32 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Do the turds in the media truly understand that they’re turds? Or are they under some auspice that fans want them to harass the team at every turn about menial details?

I feel like turds become nose blind to their own stink…makes a lotta sense when you think of the media in this market lol. 

I’ve often wondered tho…why is it “this” style of media that excels in our market? Do we truely just buy the shit that comes outta their mouths this much? I’m so used to everyone’s educated opinions here that I think that this is the common Canuck fan…but is it? 

I’d love to see a more balanced approach to media in Vancouver, but all the level personalities get drowned out by the Uber negative ones. 

Anyways, back to the point, turds stink, they just don’t know it anymore…my hypothesis lol. 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

On 9/17/2023 at 12:14 AM, Elias Pettersson said:

Petey didn’t want the captaincy. Huggy is going to lead this team to the cup. Petey is still going to be a main driving force as well. 

Linden and Bure. Sedin and Sedin. Petey and Huggy. It takes two to tango. A four year extension isn’t the end of the world. Puts Petey as a UFA one year after Huggy. 

In four years we are either contending, maybe cup champions, or rebuilding. So, the Petey and Huggy era may only be for another 4 years. 

People seems to forget that both Linden and Bure left the Canucks by age 27. So they didn’t stick around too long. Petey is already almost 25. A four year deal puts him to age 30. So we had him for his prime years. You can’t really be upset if he leaves after that time. 

if he takes a short deal i don't think he'll take a 4 year maybe more like 3 years. a 4 year deal that takes him to almost 30 is too big of a risk for him.. depends on the landscape of the NHL in 3-4 years time teams maybe more reluctant to give out 6+ years deal at max salary. just like how some of us including me are already complaining about miller's deal and it's only 7 years but we likely got 3 years or less of it that's well worth ie 82 points. imo it's either 3 or 7/8 anything in between makes 0 sense financially for EP unless he doesn't care about money at all.. maybe we see a lot of contract that's signed at 30 age poorly the next couple season and scares off GM from giving big contracts at 30+.

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Attila Umbrus said:

I feel like turds become nose blind to their own stink…makes a lotta sense when you think of the media in this market lol. 

I’ve often wondered tho…why is it “this” style of media that excels in our market? Do we truely just buy the shit that comes outta their mouths this much? I’m so used to everyone’s educated opinions here that I think that this is the common Canuck fan…but is it? 

I’d love to see a more balanced approach to media in Vancouver, but all the level personalities get drowned out by the Uber negative ones. 

Anyways, back to the point, turds stink, they just don’t know it anymore…my hypothesis lol. 

I’m PhillipBlunt, and I endorse this message. 

• Cheers 1

On 9/21/2023 at 2:51 PM, Bobby James said:

That actually could be pretty close and I could see it happening. 

I have a feeling Petey may only want to go 4-5 years instead of 8 (which the team will want). 

Something a little more "friendly" would be great, but in the same ballpark -> 5 years (takes him to 30) x $10 million per. 

Petey hits 10 million but doesn't go the Toronto route and he sets the team's internal cap max for a bit. He also sets himself to sign another contract while he is still incredible which at that time could look something like 6 years x 13-14 million per. 

Why would Petey 24 sign for 10 million right now after scoring over 100 points,  starts at 11 -- 11.5 million X 4 yrs- cap is going up and Petey has confidence he will score over 95 points again soon?

Petey is not sure he will sign? wants to see how team looks?

Maybe Petey isn't a big fan of Millers who's signed for 7 years?

I sure hope Petey signs very talented super star Canucks best player and so young.

2021-22 season Horvat GP 70 G 31 -  PTS 52 -- Making 5 million - Could of resigned him for 6.6--7.2 million at that time?

Allvin and group Signed Miller 2021-22 season 99 points? 7 yrs X 8 million?

Horvat starts 2022-23 season on fire GP 49 - G 31.  PTS 54 before trade and Horvat would not sign for anything under 8 million??

NYI trade and then over paid for Horvat 8 yrs X 8.5 million -- Horvat is a 52--65 point guy at tops..

I think if Horvat would of been signed that summer before Miller? Miller traded..

Petey would be signed in Vancouver right now? 

I hope I am so wrong ? The longer this goes on fans and media will have rumours ramped?

Petey 24 is UFA after this season so thats good.

Canucks will get a good package back for Petey

16 hours ago, wildcam said:

Why would Petey 24 sign for 10 million right now after scoring over 100 points,  starts at 11 -- 11.5 million X 4 yrs- cap is going up and Petey has confidence he will score over 95 points again soon?

I didn't say he is going to sign soon. 

I said I could see a shorter term deal happen for something like 10 million dollars. 

I also clarified that would be considered team "friendly" meaning he could get more. 

Petey is a great young player I think doing something like 4/5 years is smart for him and sets him up for another massive deal still (he'll be 30) and it could potentially run another 7/8 years.

As for signing here, there is not much point speculating who he likes and dislikes. I think the biggest factor in his decision making process will be on how good the team is. If he doesn't resign we'll have all the time we need to dissect what happened. 

18 hours ago, wildcam said:

Petey is not sure he will sign? wants to see how team looks?

Maybe Petey isn't a big fan of Millers who's signed for 7 years?

I sure hope Petey signs very talented super star Canucks best player and so young.

2021-22 season Horvat GP 70 G 31 -  PTS 52 -- Making 5 million - Could of resigned him for 6.6--7.2 million at that time?

Allvin and group Signed Miller 2021-22 season 99 points? 7 yrs X 8 million?

Horvat starts 2022-23 season on fire GP 49 - G 31.  PTS 54 before trade and Horvat would not sign for anything under 8 million??

NYI trade and then over paid for Horvat 8 yrs X 8.5 million -- Horvat is a 52--65 point guy at tops..

I think if Horvat would of been signed that summer before Miller? Miller traded..

Petey would be signed in Vancouver right now? 

I hope I am so wrong ? The longer this goes on fans and media will have rumours ramped?

Petey 24 is UFA after this season so thats good.

Canucks will get a good package back for Petey

Petey wants to win, right? He’s a smart guy too. He definitely knows which players help our club win and that there is a salary cap. He also likely knows that allocating 8.5 per on the cap to Horfat Wallet restricts the club’s chances of winning. Miller, on the other hand, is a far superior player to old Bo. Petey knows all this. He pretty much states it each time he says he wants to be part of a winning team. Winning teams don’t allocate 8.5 per to their 3C (which Horfat Wallet is) 

6 hours ago, Bobby James said:

I didn't say he is going to sign soon. 

I said I could see a shorter term deal happen for something like 10 million dollars. 

I also clarified that would be considered team "friendly" meaning he could get more. 

Petey is a great young player I think doing something like 4/5 years is smart for him and sets him up for another massive deal still (he'll be 30) and it could potentially run another 7/8 years.

As for signing here, there is not much point speculating who he likes and dislikes. I think the biggest factor in his decision making process will be on how good the team is. If he doesn't resign we'll have all the time we need to dissect what happened. 

Thats fair so Canucks will be a middle of road team? Canucks are Sur not going to be Top 3 team in there division?

If Petey want to play for winner goes he asks for trade? Vancouver are 3--4 years away from being a top team in there division?

1. Edmonton 111- 2. Vegas 105 3. LA 101 4. Vancouver 100  Seattle 97   6. Calgary 95.  7. Ducks 66  8. Sharks 60

1. Colorado 105   2.Dallas 103 -- 3.Min 96

wild card  =  Vancouver  and Seattle

On 9/22/2023 at 7:17 PM, bishopshodan said:

It's gonna be a distraction

dont matter if the media ask about it or not.

he's the best forward we've had in ...maybe...ever

who's it distracting if the media doesn't ask?

4 hours ago, wildcam said:

Thats fair so Canucks will be a middle of road team? Canucks are Sur not going to be Top 3 team in there division?

Yeah probably. 

Isn't that most predictions that a good season for the Canucks would be making the playoffs? They should be in the Wild Card hunt and maybe if things go really well they'll fight for 3rd. 

No one is expecting them to be top of the division, that's unrealistic. I don't think Petey needs this team to get 1st or 2nd this season to show him it is worth signing. I think making the playoffs would be a big success for this group. Them having a season like last year is what would cause someone like Petey to request a trade I think. 

• Cheers 1