[Report/Rumour] Elias Pettersson Contract Talks

Rubik

2 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

He's only 2 points by behind Pasternak at 5th.

Im not talking about Petey, I mean at a 8Mil cap we have a top 2 person in the whole NHL.... another in the top 5 at 7.8 mil who is our captain. 

Both contracts are for at least 4 more years.

Petey has to win the stanley cup for us to justify like a 9.5 mil contract. 

Without the rest of the team, Petey cant really do anything for the team. 

Just now, Tusk said:

Im not talking about Petey, I mean at a 8Mil cap we have a top 2 person in the whole NHL.... another in the top 5 at 7.8 mil who is our captain. 

Sure I can see that argument re salary amount. 

I guess the question is what's your walk away number, and whats the plan to replace an elite talent?

6 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

Sure I can see that argument re salary amount. 

I guess the question is what's your walk away number, and whats the plan to replace an elite talent?

9.4 for 6 years to get us past the OEL hit.

Otherwise, get Jack and Luke Hughes over here and give NJ our next two 1st rounders

2 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

That would be nice.

Two firsts doesn't come anywhere close to landing them.

I figured I didnt have to say Petey, our next two firsts, for Jack Hughes (with a decent contract) and Luke Hughes on a ELC.

8 minutes ago, Tusk said:

I figured I didnt have to say Petey, our next two firsts, for Jack Hughes (with a decent contract) and Luke Hughes on a ELC.

Well, ya did.

Still don't think that gets it done. NJ would be giving us a marketing dream, and you have to figure they will land Quinn eventually as a free agent.

• Cheers 1

38 minutes ago, Tusk said:

Steve Harvey Reaction GIF

I just dont know how we keep our core if people all jump on the Billions of Peaches, Peaches for me bandwagon.

Yeah we WANT to give you billions of peaches. But we need a whole friggin team if you wanna keep playing ICE HOCKEY on a winning team

10 hours ago, Rekker said:

Nothing against Henrik, but how many points did he have at 25, Selke votes at 25, Calder? Henrik is the best franchise center for sure, but EP is a way better player at 25.

Sure, but that's not what you said. No one is arguing who was/is the better player at 25. You insinuated that EP doesn't have far to go to be our best center ever. But there is a long way for EP to go if he wants to surpass Henrik in Canucks lore. If EP wins a Hart, an Art Ross, and leads us to a SCF and hopefully beyond then yes he's the best center in franchise history. But there's a long way to go. I hope he gets there.

• Cheers 1

7 hours ago, I.Am.Ironman said:

Sure, but that's not what you said. No one is arguing who was/is the better player at 25. You insinuated that EP doesn't have far to go to be our best center ever. But there is a long way for EP to go if he wants to surpass Henrik in Canucks lore. If EP wins a Hart, an Art Ross, and leads us to a SCF and hopefully beyond then yes he's the best center in franchise history. But there's a long way to go. I hope he gets there.

I think I said he EP is well on his way to being the best center in Canucks history, which he is. 

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, Rekker said:

I think I said he EP is well on his way to being the best center in Canucks history, which he is. 

The post I saw read "a long way?! he is 25.....". He still has a long way to go; he could want out for all we know. Time will tell, I hope he becomes the best center in our history. Arguing the semantics isn't worth our time. Happy Friday.

• Cheers 2

4 minutes ago, I.Am.Ironman said:

The post I saw read "a long way?! he is 25.....". He still has a long way to go; he could want out for all we know. Time will tell, I hope he becomes the best center in our history. Arguing the semantics isn't worth our time. Happy Friday.

Cheers to that. TGIF!

12 hours ago, Tusk said:

right? but I mean his PRIME is still 6 years away!!!!! 

Lock him in at a lower cap hit for the next 3 years (current window) so his contract expires at the same time as Hughes, then we can assess what we have then and either re-sign them or move 1 or both to retool for a 2nd window.