[Report/Rumour] Elias Pettersson Contract Talks

Rubik

28 minutes ago, Jester13 said:

Mandela effect. I remember it as always being a 1st. I tried searching back on CDC once and only found 1st. Maybe 2nd originated from another platform like Reddit? Uggh, this has been bothering me for a while now, ha!

I also remember it being a 1st, but it was from way back on CDC....until someone (I can't remember who) kept correcting it as being a 2nd....and ever since I've been in turmoil too 😂😂😂

• Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, Sophomore Jinx said:

I also remember it being a 1st, but it was from way back on CDC....until someone (I can't remember who) kept correcting it as being a 2nd....and ever since I've been in turmoil too 😂😂😂

Yeah, I remember it being a 1st initially. Only in recent years have I seen people use 2nd.

• Cheers 3

37 minutes ago, Sophomore Jinx said:

28 minutes ago, 112 said:

Yeah, I remember it being a 1st initially. Only in recent years have I seen people use 2nd.

Nice to hear I'm not alone. No more allowing the 2nds to gaslight us!

• Haha 2

[Insider Trading] Darren Dreger: ''No official timeline, but I think we’re looking at something similar where we’re looking at January, perhaps into February, but the no-rush approach for Pettersson very much remains valid. He wanted to take his time to get a feel for the Vancouver Canucks and where they’re at. Well, the team is doing well, and Pettersson himself is doing great, so I could expect CAA Hockey, who represents Pettersson, to walk him through the multiple scenarios and the financial options that he is going to have relatively early in the new year. If he feels good at that point, then you launch into the negotiations with the Vancouver Canucks. No timeline, but the Canucks are eager, and they’re ready.''

https://www.tsn.ca/insider-trading-extension-talks-continue-between-toronto-maple-leafs-william-nylander-1.2051990

Edited by Esmond
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Esmond said:

[Insider Trading] Darren Dreger: ''No official timeline, but I think we’re looking at something similar where we’re looking at January, perhaps into February, but the no-rush approach for Pettersson very much remains valid. He wanted to take his time to get a feel for the Vancouver Canucks and where they’re at. Well, the team is doing well, and Pettersson himself is doing great, so I could expect CAA Hockey, who represents Pettersson, to walk him through the multiple scenarios and the financial options that he is going to have relatively early in the new year. If he feels good at that point, then you launch into the negotiations with the Vancouver Canucks. No timeline, but the Canucks are eager, and they’re ready.''

Dregs literally pulling speculation out of his arse.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

On 12/20/2023 at 8:35 PM, Jester13 said:

Mandela effect. I remember it as always being a 1st. I tried searching back on CDC once and only found 1st. Maybe 2nd originated from another platform like Reddit? Uggh, this has been bothering me for a while now, ha!

Omg now you've got me confused. I thought it was 2nd but now you have me thinking it was always 1st.. 

On 12/20/2023 at 8:35 PM, Jester13 said:

It was always a 1st round pick. I remember joking about it with my friends. Every time a trade came up it was always Raymond, Ballard and a 1st going the other way. I was never on CDC back in the day so this was common knowledge outside of CDC. 

• Cheers 1

12 hours ago, VegasCanuck said:

Below, is one of the worst headlines I've seen in awhile from Vancouver media and that's saying something!

He's an RFA next summer, YES, contract talks will heat up next year!

Unless we plan on sitting him out a year!

Screenshot_20231222_130104_Chrome.jpg

actually sitting him is not an option.. because the team will have to qualifying him to retain his rights.. and 100% elect team arbitration to prevent him from signing the qualifying offer and extend the negotiating period by another month or so.. so either way EP will get paid prolly in the 9.5mil-10mil range for 1 year if it ended up going to arbitration in which EP will become a UFA the following year.. so either give in to his demand.. or trade him as a rental.. or allow another team to negotiation contract with EP prior to trade something rutherford refused with horvat so unlikely it'll be any difference.. so essentially they have from now till the arbitration date prolly end of july to get a long term/medium term/short term contract done. once they file for arbitration they'll have a definite timeline before he ends up with a 1 year contract that takes him straight to ufa

On 12/22/2023 at 1:15 PM, Elias Pettersson said:

Nothing crazy. Only $12 million. The team is wonderful. The $12 million per year would make the team even more wonderful…   😊

12 million would make everything wonderful. 

20 hours ago, wai_lai416 said:

actually sitting him is not an option.. because the team will have to qualifying him to retain his rights.. and 100% elect team arbitration to prevent him from signing the qualifying offer and extend the negotiating period by another month or so.. so either way EP will get paid prolly in the 9.5mil-10mil range for 1 year if it ended up going to arbitration in which EP will become a UFA the following year.. so either give in to his demand.. or trade him as a rental.. or allow another team to negotiation contract with EP prior to trade something rutherford refused with horvat so unlikely it'll be any difference.. so essentially they have from now till the arbitration date prolly end of july to get a long term/medium term/short term contract done. once they file for arbitration they'll have a definite timeline before he ends up with a 1 year contract that takes him straight to ufa

one year contract is the worse case scenario. might as well trade him at that point. hope he signs soon. 

On 12/23/2023 at 2:06 AM, wai_lai416 said:

So, you know I was joking about any option of him sitting for a year, right?

On 12/22/2023 at 9:13 PM, VegasCanuck said:

Below, is one of the worst headlines I've seen in awhile from Vancouver media and that's saying something!

He's an RFA next summer, YES, contract talks will heat up next year!

Unless we plan on sitting him out a year!

Screenshot_20231222_130104_Chrome.jpg

Its a lazy headline... in other news water is wet...

• Haha 1
  • ThereItIs 1

That guy on spitting chiclets IG saying he heard a rumour Nylander and EP40 trying to both go to the Blackhawks next summer is absolutely absurd... stupidest click bait opinion I have ever heard.

Hoping no one in our market reacts to him. IGNORE. Dont give him what he wants.

6 minutes ago, R3aL said:

That guy on spitting chiclets IG saying he heard a rumour Nylander and EP40 trying to both go to the Blackhawks next summer is absolutely absurd... stupidest click bait opinion I have ever heard.

Hoping no one in our market reacts to him. IGNORE. Dont give him what he wants.

Lol Petey wants to win. What a dummy

• Cheers 1