[Report/Rumour] Elias Pettersson Contract Talks

Rubik

8 minutes ago, Grandmaster said:

How about this guy?

sidney crosby hockey GIF by NHL

👆

Oh man, could you imagine?  I think I could almost guarantee we'd win a Cup if we added him to our current lineup.  Cap gets in the way though lol

• ThereItIs 1

2 hours ago, Bob Long said:

I love hogs in the bottom 6 right now, his skill  vs teams lesser competion is a big bonus.

Heck, his beauty last night was while Fox was on the ice (though Fox wasn't directly defending him).

• Vintage 1

32 minutes ago, LillStrimma said:

So, guess where the attack comes from? Left or right when Hughes play.

the earlier years they played together Hughes took the puck in, Miller took over and had a two way with Boeser and they scored. Happened more often than not while Petey was stuck on the right side. 

But if Tocchet let Petey take over Millers position you will notice what I talk about.

Oh man, its just sounds like excuses. The bar keeps getting moved. The discussion was if Petey played with BETTER PLAYERS, HE WOULD HAVE MORE POINTS THEN MILLER. 

10 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Oh man, could you imagine?  I think I could almost guarantee we'd win a Cup if we added him to our current lineup.  Cap gets in the way though lol

It would be epic and we would be the runaway favourites to win the Cup!

9 hours ago, cripplereh said:

LOL McDavid is the reason the Oil are in a playoff position again.

Every team wants a McDavid.

There are about 10 players in the league that your last post 20 years since there's been a player like EP.Hell we had the twins in that time and EP so far is not as good.Like said McDavid, Matthews, Crosby,Draisatle,Pasternak,

Ovi and the list goes on players that are better.

Before typing nonsense do the math .

On the end ,Crosby and Pasta are the one who won cup.Other 3 cant go out of 2nd round.If they need more talent,then we talk about differences about Mc Jesus and Crosby.Who gave more to there teams/??Boeser is now better then (no defense) Drai .What is MC David next pay going to be?You just hate player because of money.Times change.In NBA Jordan GOAT earned 6 mill annually.Now last crap is paid 15.Economics change.Be happy you have great talent on deck,and let office take care of things.If they give him money,it mean he is worthy of it.No matter how great David,Metthews are ,they are one dimensional players.I dont say i am not homer.

20 minutes ago, EdgarM said:

Oh man, its just sounds like excuses. The bar keeps getting moved. The discussion was if Petey played with BETTER PLAYERS, HE WOULD HAVE MORE POINTS THEN MILLER. 

Do you aspire to be HockeGod 778?

I didn’t move any bar. 
It was you that talked about PP and I described that scenario. 

1 minute ago, LillStrimma said:

Do you aspire to be HockeGod 778?

I didn’t move any bar. 
It was you that talked about PP and I described that scenario. 

The discussion was that if Petey played with better players he would have 20 more points then Miller. Well i posted an example where BOTH players played with the exact same players. This is over a long period of time too, it goes back years so there were different line set ups. The bottom line, they both played with quality players and Miller gets more points year after year. 

Then you went on well no Miller played in a better position then Petey so ...........blah, blah, blah, moving the bar. 

5 minutes ago, EdgarM said:

The discussion was that if Petey played with better players he would have 20 more points then Miller. Well i posted an example where BOTH players played with the exact same players. This is over a long period of time too, it goes back years so there were different line set ups. The bottom line, they both played with quality players and Miller gets more points year after year. 

Then you went on well no Miller played in a better position then Petey so ...........blah, blah, blah, moving the bar. 

It seems you never watched the games.

So you have never seen Hughes coming on left side where Miller and Boeser were? While Petey was completey detached from what happened? 
It happened so often so I wrote a lot about that on old CDC. 

47 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

Heck, his beauty last night was while Fox was on the ice (though Fox wasn't directly defending him).

true dat. 

Trouba also wasn't pulling any of his crap with our new look big defence. Zadorov is a deterrent just by how he can kill someone with a clean hit. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, VegasCanuck said:

Not sure if this has been posted yet. Highly relevant for all those panicking that he hasn't signed yet:

https://www.tsn.ca/nhl/elias-pettersson-doesn-t-want-contract-status-to-distract-vancouver-canucks-great-season-1.2060082

Sound like this will get done in the off season and there shouldn't be any panic from the fanbase.

28 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

true dat. 

Trouba also wasn't pulling any of his crap with our new look big defence. Zadorov is a deterrent just by how he can kill someone with a clean hit. 

Trouba was out of position a few times last night trying to be physical. Lol. Man, I'm still grinning from that game, so satisfying. 

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

26 minutes ago, Mando27 said:

Sound like this will get done in the off season and there shouldn't be any panic from the fanbase.

Yeah, but you and I both know that there will be.....it's what Canuck fans do here....

Panic and obsess about stuff that they don't need to panic and obsess about! 😉

• Cheers 1

Just now, VegasCanuck said:

Yeah, but you and I both know that there will be.....it's what Canuck fans do here....

Might have just been me, but the NYR looked a bit flustered and discombobulated last night.  If so, I'm glad that our team finally strikes some fear into the opposition.

12 minutes ago, VegasCanuck said:

That could be done easy.Sign and no distraction.Thank you

2 hours ago, EdgarM said:

I give you Exhibit "A" ...............the Blueger, Garland and Joshua line, the most mishmash group on the team, but it works. 

Sure, they have worked 

But again, top talent looks better with other top talent, there's a reason why most teams around the league play their top end guys together 

Kuzmenko hasn't looked top end this season but both him and Mikheyev have been serviceable 

It's not a coincidence that Boeser, Miller, Hughes, and Pettersson often put up points together, give Pettersson a better winger than Kuzmenko and our top six depth likely looks better 

If there's any truth to the Canucks sniffing around Guentzel it's likely because they likely think the same thing

Edited by Coconuts

48 minutes ago, VegasCanuck said:

Absolutely, Lol. It's like a prerequisite to being a Canuck fan.

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, VegasCanuck said:

Not sure if this has been posted yet. Highly relevant for all those panicking that he hasn't signed yet:

https://www.tsn.ca/nhl/elias-pettersson-doesn-t-want-contract-status-to-distract-vancouver-canucks-great-season-1.2060082

that was pretty interesting. Scary that Barry thinks a team will hit the 20% of a teams cap mark for one player. Holy crap. I guess that will be the next McDavid demand. 

5 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

that was pretty interesting. Scary that Barry thinks a team will hit the 20% of a teams cap mark for one player. Holy crap. I guess that will be the next McDavid demand. 

What will probably happen is there will be 2 avenues of GM success (in the eyes of the owners):

1.  Ultra superstars will just go to the highest bidder to sell tickets.

2. Build a balanced and winning team to sell tickets.

Let's face it, Bedard sells out arenas.  Doesn't matter how bad Chicago is, the GM is doing what he is primarily tasked to do... and that's to run a successful business by maximizing revenue.

For all other teams without a Bedard or McDavid, the channel to generating revenue and a successful business remains building a winning franchise to sell tickets.

So yes, these once in a generation superstars will likely eventually hit astronomical %s of the cap, but those teams will likely never win a Cup.  Won't matter though because tickets will sell, merchandise will sell, and GMs will stay on as they are generating the revenue that pleases the owner(s).

9 minutes ago, HKSR said:

What will probably happen is there will be 2 avenues of GM success (in the eyes of the owners):

Let's face it, Bedard sells out arenas.  Doesn't matter how bad Chicago is, the GM is doing what he is primarily tasked to do... and that's to run a successful business by maximizing revenue.

For all other teams without a Bedard or McDavid, the channel to generating revenue and a successful business remains building a winning franchise to sell tickets.

So yes, these once in a generation superstars will likely eventually hit astronomical %s of the cap, but those teams will likely never win a Cup.  Won't matter though because tickets will sell, merchandise will sell, and GMs will stay on as they are generating the revenue that pleases the owner(s).

yep. So Chicago is going to have to cough up between 18 and 20 million then if the cap hits the low 90s by the time his ELC is up. Jose Christo. 

2 hours ago, LillStrimma said:

It seems you never watched the games.

So you have never seen Hughes coming on left side where Miller and Boeser were? While Petey was completey detached from what happened? 
It happened so often so I wrote a lot about that on old CDC. 

What! never watched the games, I watch EVERY GAME! You remember when the deliberate play was to feed Petey for the one timer? Do you see when they switch sides at times? There has been so many plays over the years you can't say Miller has had a distinct advantage over Petey in getting points on the PP that's ludacris.

1 hour ago, Coconuts said:

Sure, they have worked 

But again, top talent looks better with other top talent, there's a reason why most teams around the league play their top end guys together 

Kuzmenko hasn't looked top end this season but both him and Mikheyev have been serviceable 

It's not a coincidence that Boeser, Miller, Hughes, and Pettersson often put up points together, give Pettersson a better winger than Kuzmenko and our top six depth likely looks better 

If there's any truth to the Canucks sniffing around Guentzel it's likely because they likely think the same thing

:picard:

36 minutes ago, HKSR said:

In golf its called "drive for show, putt for doe". 

• ThereItIs 1

2 hours ago, Bob Long said:

Can't see any team going to 17.5 million right now. That would pretty much kill the ability to construct a cup winning team. 

Need to go with the Colorado model, you want a chance, we will spend to the cap, EVERY YEAR, but we need the flexibility to build a team around the core.

If you just want money, we're happy to trade you!

If you look at Edmonton and Toronto, the amount that they allocated to one or with Toronto, a few players, its not a recipe for success in the NHL. You need to be able to build a balanced lineup. I would love if in future versions of the cap, they start reducing the maximum that a team can spend on one player down from 20%. Maybe 18% on next CBA, 16 on the one after that and then stop at 15%. Having an elitist who feels he needs to be paid 20% of a team cap, just doesn't work IMO and benefits very few players.

• Upvote 1