[Report/Rumour] Elias Pettersson Contract Talks

2 hours ago, 40yrfan said:

Call up the Coyotes and offer them this huge face of the franchise player named pety, and they say we're listening, and we ask for Clayton keller and a 1st, and they couldn't make it happen fast enough. But really we win.

What? Keller is a good player but Petey is definitely worth more than Keller + a 1st.

11 hours ago, Tower102 said:

With the rumour today that the Canucks tabled 8 x 12 this offseason to Petey and he hasn't said yes or no, let's look at trade options for fun. 

What do you guys think of trades with these pieces as the meat of the trade?

Idea for both is that moving Petey out allows for us to resign Lindholm and then trade for a Petey replacement on that line while also improving the D.

To Buffalo:

Petey 

To Van:

Power

Benson

Or the exciting

To NJ:

Petey

D Petey

Lekkermaki

Pick or prospect not Willander

To Van:

Jack Hughes

Luke Hughes

Pod Miller Boeser

Hoglander Hughes Lindholm

Joshua Bluegar Garland

Lafferty Suter Bains (Mikeyhav if not traded)

Hughes Hronek

Hughes Willander

Soucy Juulsen 

I think the NJ deal is sweet. Another to consider would be Petey for Bedard strait up.

45 minutes ago, canucks curse said:

Petey at the draft for first over all (and a ton of cap space) 

I must admit, a Petey for Celebrini ++ has been on my mind for a while too. 

Would provide huge flexibility to build out depth and create a ton of excitement here.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, canucks curse said:

Petey at the draft for first over all (and a ton of cap space) 

I'd do that deal in a heartbeat. I just don't think Chicago would, as MC on an ELC compared to Petey at 26yo and a massive payday doesn't make sense for a rebuilding team. 

We gave up alot for Lindholm.  It would be a shame to lose him in free agency for nothing.  And he plays better in the middle of the ice, not the wing.

So, basically Petey either needs to become a winger for Lindholm or Miller, or he probably gets traded.  That would be the best asset management we could do, so we don't lose Lindholm.  Petey for Celebrini makes total sense to me.  Or Petey for Leo Carlsson if Anaheim wants to play ball.

It all depends on who drafts Celebrini.  If it's Chicago, then they might want to speed up the rebuild to make Bedard happy.  Getting Petey surely does that.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

28 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

I think a reason why they got Lindholm was just in case they couldn't sign Petey.  So we have our 2C without Petey, plus we get Celebrini who can be a 1C with Miller going to the wing either next season or the season after.  Then we have $12 million in cap space to re-sign Joshua, Blueger, Zadorov, Cole, DeSmith and also get one or two more players...

This is apt.  I'm not willing to over pay for pouty petey and lose our heart and soul players like Joshua and bluger etc.  Trading petey makes a lot of sense.

18 minutes ago, Jester13 said:

I'd do that deal in a heartbeat. I just don't think Chicago would, as MC on an ELC compared to Petey at 26yo and a massive payday doesn't make sense for a rebuilding team. 

I honestly dont think any other team pays him huge dollars.  I think he's viewed in the east and a decent player who falls alot and isn't a game breaker.

Edited by ronning4center

3 hours ago, Ohthehumanity said:

IF! this is true, then it is not about money obviously. What is it then? Is any other source reporting the same thing?

The analysts are starting to say no its not about the money.  Or playing for a winner as petey has been telling us.  It's starting to look like he wants to play where he doesn't have to do interviews.  Don't really blame thr guy...lots of examples of this.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jester13 said:

I guess it would come down to does Chi town want a 200 foot center to fit with Bedard?

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, ronning4center said:

The analysts are starting to say no its not about the money.  Or playing for a winner as petey has been telling us.  It's starting to look like he wants to play where he doesn't have to do interviews.  Don't really blame thr guy...lots of examples of this.

All those analysts, eh?😄

Personally, if I were a hockey player in a position to make a choice between several teams to join,

I absolutely would not pick the Canucks.  The fans are hyper critical and run hot and cold on

a dime.  Then you have the 'analysts types' that feed the fans with rumours and speculations,

so they can sell their rags or programs.  I guess this is inevitable, as the Canucks are a one

trick pony, as far as National league teams go, which will naturally create such a myopic

viewpoint

Vancouver is a nice city, but overrated by its inhabitants; who seem to think it is the best

place in NA to live.  Well, there are plenty of great cities hosting NHL teams; many of which

are enviable franchises.

I doubt most players care about the 'passion' of the Cdn markets either.  These days, there

are a lot of teams south of the border, that make enough noise at home games that would

make Vancouver fans embarrassed.

As I have said many times before, I have no idea what Petey is thinking, feeling, imagining,

etc, about his upcoming contract or whether he wants to stay or move on.  What I have written

is not a reflection on EP in any way.  It is simply my own thoughts about what I would do

if I were in his position.

• Like 2

Petey picked a pecker and said that smells like weenies 

now he's traded for Celebrini

Maybe if he wasn't milque toast

he would have a cup to boast

Maybe if he walked it like he Tocched it 

Patrick Alvin would have filled his pocket. 

Edited by TopChed
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

According to Rick Dhaliwal, Petey was never offered $96 million...

Thank you.... 

The amount of talk in these pages about Petey refusing to sign a $12M x 8 contract is nothing short of disgusting...

Almost feel like somebody is trying to make an uneasy feeling with the Canucks squad, and more importantly between Petey and the fans... 

• Cheers 2