[Report/Rumour] Elias Pettersson Contract Talks

Rubik

14 minutes ago, Gurn said:

Anyone have a list of teams that have all 4 of their first round picks, needed to offer Petey a new deal?- I'm figuring it at being 4 first compensation.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

edit- nvm found  one at capfriendly

https://www.capfriendly.com/offer-sheet-calculator

Page shows only Ottawa, Florida and Calgary-do not have the required picks to offer Petey $10,725,315 or more.

Next thought- is there an opposing Gm that would deliberately screw the Nucks with an offer that bumps up Petey's salary just far enough to be barely acceptable?

Some jerk GM that costs an extra $500,000 or so,  Canuck cap space.

2 hours ago, J-23 said:

I would accept any Kings deal if they included Byfield. That guy is underrated, and I think he makes the Team Canada rosters down the road.

The Rangers would definitely include Mika if it meant they were getting Pettersson back. The additional guys would be interesting Lafreniere, Chytil, Schneider, Miller, etc. Who would it be?

This is why I’m not really concerned. If he stays we are good. If he wants to leave, then there is nothing we can really do about it. Also we would get a really good trade back. Nothing to worry about in my opinion. 

Chytl is out of the rest of the season with a concussion. Apparently his 5th in his career. Seems we got lucky that not only did we keep miller but that we avoided Chytl. 

• Like 1
  • Huggy Bear 1
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Bardown said:

12 mil has to be a franchise player 

a player who changes the game

on the Canucks that’s Hughes, Miller and Demko 

Petey is a heck of a point producer, not a guy you can lean on to change the game. 

this is what Halford and Brough said this morning and I agree

Miller has been very grateful to the Canucks letting him put himself in the drivers seat.

With Petey and Hughes letting him steer the ship.

That is the reason why Miller accepted 8 mill because he knew that this chance will not reappear.

I say, not Halford and Brough, that Petey got at least 20 pointes per season less because he has to ride shotgun to Miller.

Petey knows this, the GM knows that, Peteys agent knows that and so on… This is why Hughes and Petey will get at least 12 mill.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

8 minutes ago, LillStrimma said:

Miller has been very grateful to the Canucks letting him put himself in the drivers seat.

That is the reason why Miller accepted 8 mill because he knew that this chance will not reappear.

I say, not Halford and Brough, that Petey got at least 20 pointes per season less because he has to ride shotgun to Miller.

Petey knows this, the GM knows that, Peteys agent knows that and so on… This is why Hughes and Petey will get at least 12 mill.

That's some serious disrespect for JT Miller...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, LillStrimma said:

You're so far off the mark with this one.

• Thanks 1
  • MillerTime 2

4 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

You're so far off the mark with this one.

Not really, Peteys on the right side while Hughes feed Miller and that is something I’ve seen a lot during the years.

HKSR said something about disrespect but I disagree.

This is hockey.

The best players need great players around them.

Petey needs players like Hughes and Miller and Miller needs players like Petey and Hughes.

The difference is that Miller got the vest position and it’s just that thing I highlight.

And I have highlighted that a few years now as you probably remembers.

What is clearly visible is the disrespect againt Petey and when that is shown I talk about this aspect of the game.

Take away Petey and Miller get two players in front of him instead and can’t do squat.

16 minutes ago, LillStrimma said:

Not really, Peteys on the right side while Hughes feed Miller and that is something I’ve seen a lot during the years.

HKSR said something about disrespect but I disagree.

This is hockey.

The best players need great players around them.

Petey needs players like Hughes and Miller and Miller needs players like Petey and Hughes.

The difference is that Miller got the vest position and it’s just that thing I highlight.

And I have highlighted that a few years now as you probably remembers.

What is clearly visible is the disrespect againt Petey and when that is shown I talk about this aspect of the game.

Take away Petey and Miller get two players in front of him instead and can’t do squat.

If this is about Hughes, Miller, and Petey then we can see that:

Petey and Hughes have played 352min together 5v5.

Miller and Hughes have played 392min together 5v5.

That's a difference of 40min over 60 games or about 1 shift per game.

You're telling me that's a 20 point difference for Petey?

8 minutes ago, HKSR said:

If this is about Hughes, Miller, and Petey then we can see that:

Petey and Hughes have played 352min together 5v5.

Miller and Hughes have played 392min together 5v5.

That's a difference of 40min over 60 games or about 1 shift per game.

You're telling me that's a 20 point difference for Petey?

The big difference was before on PP when Petey had to stand still on the right side. I have no clue why the coach wanted it that way since Petey is a creative player that thrives when the players cycle to confuse and he can use both his great pass and shot. Look at the PP. 
I would love to do a deep dig into this but I don’t have time.

Also how the other team plays defence against Petey versus Miller. 

Then we have that Hughes often start with Miller first and then Peteys line get on while Hughes still plays. That is Hughes time when Hughes is a bit tired and not as effective. I don’t know how much time of the 352 minutes that is.

2 minutes ago, RomanPer said:

Who cares about what Shannon has to say? Who is he? Just a guy with a YouTube channel? So what?

That's fair. Usually I find him fairly balanced so I was surprised to see such a decisive take from him

It would be painful to watch Petey win a cup somewhere else though....

1 hour ago, LillStrimma said:

The big difference was before on PP when Petey had to stand still on the right side. I have no clue why the coach wanted it that way since Petey is a creative player that thrives when the players cycle to confuse and he can use both his great pass and shot. Look at the PP. 
I would love to do a deep dig into this but I don’t have time.

Also how the other team plays defence against Petey versus Miller. 

Then we have that Hughes often start with Miller first and then Peteys line get on while Hughes still plays. That is Hughes time when Hughes is a bit tired and not as effective. I don’t know how much time of the 352 minutes that is.

Are you even watching the game tonight?  Miller is an absolute beast of a player.  Miller's production has nothing to do with Petey.  It all has to do with the player that Miller is.  

• MillerTime 3

45 minutes ago, lionized27 said:

As mentioned above, he also has a decent, unbiased opinion...YouTube channel or not.

Ok, but how is his opinion different from every single poster on this forum?

• Cheers 1

9 minutes ago, RomanPer said:

Ok, but how is his opinion different from every single poster on this forum?

It isn't.

My point is, his opinion is unbiased and, at the very least, well researched and thought out.

Unlike most on any internet platform. 

36 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Are you even watching the game tonight?  Miller is an absolute beast of a player.  Miller's production has nothing to do with Petey.  It all has to do with the player that Miller is.  

Fuckin eh! Millsy is a beast, pardon my French. Guys the bloody heart and soul of this team and has been since day 1.

I remember ppl complaining about the 1st rounder going to Tampa and I was so stoked. I been a Miller fan since his early days in New York. Boy can game. 

Peteys good but anything over 10.25 I'd trade his ass for as many assets as I could get to a team he'll sign with. Love EP40 but Hughes and Millsy can drive play without him. If it cripples us cap wise let him go.

Hughes is on a steal and so is Miller. Petey can get with the program or ship him out.

• Like 1

Does Pettersson possess an exceptional attribute? He's not particularly fast or quick, he's not overly strong, and while he has a tremendous shot when he has time and space, he isn't able to get it off nearly often enough.

I think he processes the game well, is very smart, and stick handles really well in tight spaces. It makes him a very good player, no doubt, but he's not among the league's elite. I think that's okay to acknowledge.

2 hours ago, 43isprime said:

Does Pettersson possess an exceptional attribute? He's not particularly fast or quick, he's not overly strong, and while he has a tremendous shot when he has time and space, he isn't able to get it off nearly often enough.

I think he processes the game well, is very smart, and stick handles really well in tight spaces. It makes him a very good player, no doubt, but he's not among the league's elite. I think that's okay to acknowledge.

It is fine to be the 10th or 15th best forward in the league, those don't grow on trees and that is pretty elite.

If he wants to get paid as a top 3-5 guy, then that is where cap considerations come in.  He isn't McDavid, MacKinnon, or Matthews level... he is really below a guy like Pastrnak who just signed for $11.25 million on a max term deal.

We couldn't replace Petterson on the market, but it needs to keep getting noted that he is the 3rd best player on our team right now... not 3rd best player in the whole league.

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1