[Report/Rumour] Elias Pettersson Contract Talks

Rubik

22 minutes ago, Bardown said:

Dhaliwal is going to lose all / any credibility he has if this is true

only 2 days ago he said the Canucks were “very frustrated” that Petey wouldn’t even come to the table

it has set off anger with the fans, the media circus, and clearly if he signs soon they’ve been talking all along. 

which would mean Dhaliwal made it all up 

It wouldn't mean he made it all up.That is a huge leap 

Somebody probably tapped Frank to try and throw some water on this fire 

Edited by Blue
  • Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Just in time for the TDL.  This is excellent news.

1 minute ago, Duodenum said:

Next meltdown will be when he gets 8 years x 12.5 per year

At least then we know he will be traded!

If its not affordable obviously we cant keep him

• Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, Duodenum said:

If it's just happened and nobody had too much time to think about it , it would have went over easy. But now everyone has had all this time to think about it. 

26 minutes ago, GrammaInTheTub said:

All of you vultures are going to go at Petey the second he doesn’t play up to his next contract value *edit add: in the current year*

Of course we are.  That's the price of making 100 million dollars.  You damn well better be good.  This is the largest contract in canucks history for certainly not the best player in canucks history.  This has fan/media chaos all over it.

Edited by ronning4center
  • Cheers 1

46 minutes ago, Bardown said:

only 2 days ago he said the Canucks were “very frustrated” that Petey wouldn’t even come to the table

it has set off anger with the fans, the media circus, and clearly if he signs soon they’ve been talking all along. 

As I was alluding to,,,media speculating and creating mayham in the fanbase.  You want to stir things up...kick a hornets nest and watch what unfolds. LOL  

Edited by Blitz-Pix

43 minutes ago, Bardown said:

No. .

It would mean Dhali got bullshitted.

3 minutes ago, ronning4center said:

Of course we are.  That's the price of making 100 million dollars.  You damn well better be good.  This is the largest contract in canucks history for certainly not the best player in canucks history.  This has fan/media chaos all over it.

Do do we know it’s a 100 million dollar contract? 

3 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Do do we know it’s a 100 million dollar contract? 

We do not.  I'm not sure  96 sounds like any less of a bargain. 😅

Though you know what I'll say this now.  We may be surprised and he may come in at like 10.5 and I think the fan base would embrace that.  

I've been hard on petey the last few weeks because I'm nervous and anxious.  Elias Pettersson is an incredible hockey player and we are lucky to have him.  My worry is that we won't live up to him...not the other way around.  There is a number that will make all of this a nightmare moving forward because  we all care too much.  

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, ronning4center said:

We do not.  I'm not sure  96 sounds like any less of a bargain. 😅

Though you know what I'll say this now.  We may be surprised and he may come in at like 10.5 and I think the fan base would embrace that.  

I've been hard on petey the last few weeks because I'm nervous and anxious.  Elias Pettersson is an incredible hockey player and we are lucky to have him.  My worry is that we won't live up to him...not the other way around.  There is a number that will make all of this a nightmare moving forward because  we all care too much.  

Maybe Petey is all about trying to win in every way possible and works out a cap allocation that is team friendly, like what Miller did? 

• Haha 1

Just now, Alflives said:

Likely a shorter term then. 4 years? 

I thought about 3 more at 10.5. Though again he's a smart kid and knows what JT does for his 8.  We may see a maxt term just under 11.  That takes him to 33.  He can retire or do some cup chasing and probably  still make another 20 million.  The young man is set to make top 10 all time money in his career.  

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, PhillipBlunt said:

If Pettersson's game is slipping because of the noise around his contract, that's not a good thing, as that is a self-inflicted wound. 

Well while this is true, if we had a crystal ball, there are many things we'd do differently. 
In the end, if management and Petey can't find common ground, he'll be history, but I'm not longing for it to happen. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Alflives said:

Likely a shorter term then. 4 years? 

3 years might be better since they get both Petey and Hughes contract years at the same time and the worst years of OEL is done while we know how the cap goes up.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

15 hours ago, Duodenum said:

There shouldn't be. Doesn't matter what you lock a young superstar up at as long as it's not entirely unreasonable. 12.5 is absolutely fine if we get Petey through his entire prime.

Sadly you are right though, some people will definitely bitch, no matter the outcome of the signing.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, MeanSeanBean said:

There shouldn't be. Doesn't matter what you lock a young superstar up at as long as it's not entirely unreasonable. 12.5 is absolutely fine if we get Petey through his entire prime.

Sadly you are right though, some people will definitely bitch, no matter the outcome of the signing.

Such is life...It's human nature.

People complain that he hasn't signed yet...so people bitch,

When he's close to signing they move onto....speculating his worth.

When he signs, for however much...some of people will bitch about the amount or term or a NMC or whatever.

Very much the same situation as Miller was in a year ago. If or when he starts outperforming the contract or more time has passed then they will say he is worth the money  or we got a steal of a deal. Time is the great equalizer. A year or two from now when Drai and McDavid and others sign bigger contracts people will relax a little.

I also believe their are trolls on this board that just like to stir the pot. LOL    

Edited by Blitz-Pix
  • Cheers 1
  • chaos 1