[Report/Rumour] Elias Pettersson Contract Talks

Rubik

On 9/26/2023 at 11:08 PM, Sophomore Jinx said:

I don't even like 8 year contracts TBH, I miss the old days of 4 or 5 yrs max

The thing is, the 8-year max deals are beneficial to the players. They have security with term and finance. 

24 minutes ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

When you have to come up with 32 news stories about different teams of course you’re gonna make stuff up. I thought people would have realized that by now. Not sure why people give him so much credibility.

Nobody notices he starts almost everything he says with “I wonder if”? All he’s doing is spitballing and people take it as fact. 😂

• ThereItIs 2

6 hours ago, DeNiro said:

When you have to come up with 32 news stories about different teams of course you’re gonna make stuff up. I thought people would have realized that by now. Not sure why people give him so much credibility.

Nobody notices he starts almost everything he says with “I wonder if”? All he’s doing is spitballing and people take it as fact. 😂

I find him to be one of the most wishy washy analysts out there. He eithe doesn't know the answer or doesn't want to risk getting blacklisted for leaking info. He's not the only one who does this. These analysts know exactly what they're doing because that's how they stay relevant. It's just extremely annoying when we want the team to get away from distractions. This is the moment when I wish they spend that time to talk more about leafs winning the cup and leave the Canucks alone.

48 minutes ago, Wing said:

I find him to be one of the most wishy washy analysts out there. He eithe doesn't know the answer or doesn't want to risk getting blacklisted for leaking info. He's not the only one who does this. These analysts know exactly what they're doing because that's how they stay relevant. It's just extremely annoying when we want the team to get away from distractions. This is the moment when I wish they spend that time to talk more about leafs winning the cup and leave the Canucks alone.

He goes over this every year he doesn’t want to put out something as fact if it is not, that is why any thing he’s unsure of is qualified as such. He respects the players agent and GM’s involved and doesn’t want to put them in a bad or awkward position. 

12 hours ago, N4ZZY said:

Friedman spewing bullsh!t. 

I’m honestly sick of him.

the NYI trade at the draft he blew up, and the last two years he’s been at the Centre of stirring up chaos in our market to get reactions and hits on twitter and his stupid podcast.

I’m done with the guy.

sure he’s connected as an insider, sure he does his job.

but he stirs our pot and takes things out of context and pokes us for reactions at times that hurt us.

im not a fan of his.

24 minutes ago, R3aL said:

the NYI trade at the draft he blew up, and the last two years he’s been at the Centre of stirring up chaos in our market to get reactions and hits on twitter and his stupid podcast.

I’m done with the guy.

but he stirs our pot and takes things out of context and pokes us for reactions at times that hurt us.

im not a fan of his.

Friedman used to be better. Not sure what happened the last couple of years. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, N4ZZY said:

Friedman was also the guy who incorrectly reported that Vegas was guaranteed a top 3 pick for their first three drafts and not just the first one. He can definitely be way off base at times. That being said I still think he's better than basically all of our local reporters.

3 minutes ago, Diamonds said:

Friedman was also the guy who incorrectly reported that Vegas was guaranteed a top 3 pick for their first three drafts and not just the first one. He can definitely be way off base at times. That being said I still think he's better than basically all of our local reporters.

The best of the worst. 

Unimpressed Samuel L Jackson GIF

• Cheers 2

11 hours ago, R3aL said:

I’m done with the guy.

im not a fan of his.

GMs and agents feed him info they want getting out because he has a big following to get that info out. That’s it.

It’s not like he’s doing a bunch of actual journalism work here.

Everything else is pure speculation and subtle fanning of flames in certain markets.

11 hours ago, N4ZZY said:

He used to be better cause he used to just break news. Now he's being asked to put his opinions out there and when you do that you're more likely to rub people the wrong way. Same thing with Dhaliwal. We loved him when he first hit the scene, cause all he did was break news. Now he is asked his opinions and we don't much care for him as much as before.

On 10/10/2023 at 1:26 PM, DeNiro said:

the problem is that it's both, and a lot of people seem incapable of differentiating. the guy legitimately breaks a ton of news and has the best connections, but the significance of "I wonder if ..." is lost on people in their haste to devour information.

we can fault friedman if we want for accepting a good paycheque in exchange for speculating publicly about hockey, but he isn't dishonest or even really misleading in the way he goes about it if people use proper scrutiny and comprehension while reading. 

• Cheers 1

On 10/11/2023 at 1:01 AM, N4ZZY said:

he's been hanging out with Eklund too much

If only we had a competent GM a couple years ago!

We could've had Pettersson and Highes both signed to 8yr 8mish deals...now EP is gonna be 11-13m long term.

Hope we can hash out a deal with him soon and not have it drag out till the off season. Just make him a solid offer now and be done with it so the local media doesn't whine about the situation all year long... 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Coconuts said:

Watch it be more 

yup let's just assume he's over 100 points again this season.. 12x8 is not out of the question or even 12.5 the mackinnon deal.. Mackinnon might be producing more.. but he's also on a stacked team with another legit superstar riding shotgun on his wing rantanen if EP have someone the same caliber then he might be able to match Mackinnon's output. he's for sure working himself into the top 5 centerman discussion

14 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

yup let's just assume he's over 100 points again this season.. 12x8 is not out of the question or even 12.5 the mackinnon deal.. Mackinnon might be producing more.. but he's also on a stacked team with another legit superstar riding shotgun on his wing rantanen if EP have someone the same caliber then he might be able to match Mackinnon's output. he's for sure working himself into the top 5 centerman discussion

Wouldn't surprise me, hockey circles are recognizing him as elite. The Score had him ranked at #13 on their top 100 NHL players list for example. A couple D in Fox and Makar ranked ahead of them though, so you could really have him close to being in their top 10 forwards. 

The centers ahead of him were Hughes, Crosby, Matthews, Draisaitl, MacKinnon, and McDavid. 

https://www.thescore.com/news/2731372

Just now, Coconuts said:

Wouldn't surprise me, hockey circles are recognizing him as elite. The Score had him ranked at #13 on their top 100 NHL players list for example. A couple D in Fox and Makar ranked ahead of them though, so you could really have him close to being in their top 10 forwards. 

The centers ahead of him were Hughes, Crosby, Matthews, Draisaitl, MacKinnon, and McDavid. 

https://www.thescore.com/news/2731372

ya i dunno how jack hughes is ahead of him.. jack hughes is prolly slightly and i mean slightly better than EP offensively.. but defensively it's not even close.. the others are legit better but i disagree with hughes.. i'll take 100+ point defensively awesome forward over a 110 point offensive forward that is not that good defensively. soon he'll pass crosby in this twilight years. although in a few years he might be passed by bedard