[Report/Rumour] Elias Pettersson Contract Talks

Rubik

5 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

ya i dunno how jack hughes is ahead of him.. jack hughes is prolly slightly and i mean slightly better than EP offensively.. but defensively it's not even close.. the others are legit better but i disagree with hughes.. i'll take 100+ point defensively awesome forward over a 110 point offensive forward that is not that good defensively. soon he'll pass crosby in this twilight years. although in a few years he might be passed by bedard

It's probably age.

Hughes is 22 going on 23, put up nearly 100 points in his 21-22 season. Pettersson is nearly 25 and broke 100 during his 23-24 season. Hughes is also a top pick, I think age factored with potential would probably be what had him slightly further ahead of Pettersson. Although at this point Pettersson is muc better defensively, no question. 

Either way, Pettersson is viewed as elite and likely cracks a top 10 forward list for many hockey pundits. If he cracks 100 again I don't see why he couldn't get a MacKinnon contract.  

Edited by Coconuts
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/12/2023 at 9:43 PM, wai_lai416 said:

yup let's just assume he's over 100 points again this season.. 12x8 is not out of the question or even 12.5 the mackinnon deal.. Mackinnon might be producing more.. but he's also on a stacked team with another legit superstar riding shotgun on his wing rantanen if EP have someone the same caliber then he might be able to match Mackinnon's output. he's for sure working himself into the top 5 centerman discussion

It allegedly got slipped last night that Elias’ side is in fact demanding a

12 x 8  contract extension. All those that think He’s signing for 8.5-10 are dreaming. There’s nothing about his time here that would encourage him to  take a 16-30% discount. 

3 minutes ago, Northern_Nuck said:

12 x 8  contract extension. All those that think He’s signing for 8.5-10 are dreaming. There’s nothing about his time here that would encourage him to  take a 16-30% discount. 

There's a lot in those 6 words.

6 minutes ago, Northern_Nuck said:

Not too sure the club is thinking Petey will sign for under 10. Even if he sign for 4 or 5 years the cap allocation will be 10+. 
Alf’s empties predict Petey signing a 5 x 11 deal. 
Now bow the the empties! 

16 minutes ago, Northern_Nuck said:

I'd be fine with 12 AAV. He's elite, and other teams will be paying more for the same type of production.

56 minutes ago, Johngould21 said:

There's a lot in those 6 words.

It's been alleged that many are saying Biff has a massive schlong and yet is a surprisingly caring and conscientious lover. Personally I prefer rising above rumour and innuendo, but I thought it was worth mentioning nonetheless.

Edited by Biff Tannen
  • Haha 3

48 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

It's been alleged that many are saying Biff has a massive schlong and yet is a surprisingly caring and conscientious lover. Personally I prefer rising above rumour and innuendo, but I thought it was worth mentioning nonetheless.

Considering this “alleged” rumour about Biif’s anatomy, and the difficulty it will cause to bow, he can instead “tripod” to Alf’s empties. 

• Haha 2

56 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Biff Tannen GIF by Back to the Future Trilogy

• Vintage 2

4 hours ago, Bob Long said:

I'd be fine with 12 AAV. He's elite, and other teams will be paying more for the same type of production.

Yes, I think he’s a top 20 player in the league and the price to have those guys appears to be 12-14/year. So I’d be fine with it too. I just hope JR isn’t too old school.  But it also hurts to have OEL’s buyout hitting us for north of 4 in the coming years. 

• Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, Northern_Nuck said:

Yes, I think he’s a top 20 player in the league and the price to have those guys appears to be 12-14/year. So I’d be fine with it too. I just hope JR isn’t too old school.  But it also hurts to have OEL’s buyout hitting us for north of 4 in the coming years. 

I just hope its true, lock the kid up for 8 if he wants to spend his entire career here. 

Having your 1 and 2 C's in Petey and Miller locked in at 20 mil total will be solid cap wise compared to many teams. 

• Cheers 2

33 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

I just hope its true, lock the kid up for 8 if he wants to spend his entire career here. 

Having your 1 and 2 C's in Petey and Miller locked in at 20 mil total will be solid cap wise compared to many teams. 

Yeah when you look at it like that, it makes a lot of sense.

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

6 hours ago, Northern_Nuck said:

12x8 isn't a demand.  It's called fair market value for a superstar player who is currently the best two way forward in the league and is a 100-point player on top of that...

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

3 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

12x8 isn't a demand.  It's called fair market value for a superstar player who is currently the best two way forward in the league and is a 100-point player on top of that...

If anything 12x8 is reasonable 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

6 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

5 hours ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Biff Tannen GIF by Back to the Future Trilogy

Captain America Lol GIF by mtv

41 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Pay Me GIF

• Like 2
  • ThereItIs 1

i have no issue with 12x8 or 12.5x8.. even if it's a slight overpayment.. i rather a slight overpayment on an elite superstar that is entering his prime and proven can perform.. then overpay people in the middle 6 that may or may not perform.. once garland beau and myers are gone or even myers re-signed at 1-3mil we still have plenty of space to go for a legit top 4 defenceman. maybe even a hanafin or something (pesces? if he reaches ufa) although i dunno how they fits. i dont really watch a lot of flames

• Cheers 3

11 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

I'd give it to him. Make it happen PA. 

Make It So Star Trek GIF

Edited by N4ZZY
  • Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 3

18 hours ago, Northern_Nuck said:

source? 

I know we're judging this after a hat-trick game but he's on pace for 145 points lol. Hughes has looked unreal but is maybe slowing down a bit. Somehow Jack is a +0, Petey +7, and Jack has a 33% faceoff percentage whereas Petey is just over 50%.

You could easily argue that Petey is the best player in the world right now stats-wise. 2 points less than Hughes in 1 more game played but look at all the other intangibles.

The longer this season goes on and the better Petey gets, the more he's going to deserve. We should have tried to sign him to an 11M deal when we had the chance. This man could clean up at the awards and take home the Selke easily, but the Hart is floating around right now. Jack deserves the MVP right now but Bratt's scoring is right up there and they're arguably the far better team, and McDavid is nowhere to be seen so far.

Obviously it's a long season but at the 10 game mark, if awards were handed out now, Petey would be in the running for the Art Ross, Hart and Selke. That smells like 12+M to me. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 2

22 hours ago, Northern_Nuck said:

Top 20?  He's top 5, at least

8 hours ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

I know we're judging this after a hat-trick game but he's on pace for 145 points lol. Hughes has looked unreal but is maybe slowing down a bit. Somehow Jack is a +0, Petey +7, and Jack has a 33% faceoff percentage whereas Petey is just over 50%.

You could easily argue that Petey is the best player in the world right now stats-wise. 2 points less than Hughes in 1 more game played but look at all the other intangibles.

The longer this season goes on and the better Petey gets, the more he's going to deserve. We should have tried to sign him to an 11M deal when we had the chance. This man could clean up at the awards and take home the Selke easily, but the Hart is floating around right now. Jack deserves the MVP right now but Bratt's scoring is right up there and they're arguably the far better team, and McDavid is nowhere to be seen so far.

Obviously it's a long season but at the 10 game mark, if awards were handed out now, Petey would be in the running for the Art Ross, Hart and Selke. That smells like 12+M to me. 

Agreed on all counts