[Report/Rumour] Elias Pettersson Contract Talks

Rubik

2 minutes ago, I.AM.THE.WALRUS said:

Ya definitely got his wish - this is the winningest team in the league and YET he’s disconnected disengaged… and (one more d) he disappears 

deposit him on another squad and get a top 6 dude who has JT grit size and compete and a few first round draft pics 

This is what I don't understand. The team is EXACTLY what he wanted; a winner. In addition, it plays a 200' game that really showcases his talents and hockey IQ. It is a perfect fit in my opinion.

So, if the $ is right..the fit is right...and we are winning, what is the rub? Maybe he dislikes the new Front Office? I kind of get it with JR; the way he treated BB was ridiculous, and this other stupid actions last year were terrible. BUT, you would think him and PA would get along....who knows. Maybe trading Kuz upset him..though you'd figure getting Lindholm would have made him happy? Very strange.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Looks like we all see eye to eye…

I gotta say it’s like - so close and yet so far..

I wish Petey could fit… could compete - you think he’d be developed enough 

i think the risk is too high… he may never become stronger - he’s 25 - I think that was the year the sedins found their stride and began to dominate… 

Petey seems to be disengaging 

we need to move him… imho 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, BC_Hawk said:

This is what I don't understand. The team is EXACTLY what he wanted; a winner. In addition, it plays a 200' game that really showcases his talents and hockey IQ. It is a perfect fit in my opinion.

So, if the $ is right..the fit is right...and we are winning, what is the rub? Maybe he dislikes the new Front Office? I kind of get it with JR; the way he treated BB was ridiculous, and this other stupid actions last year were terrible. BUT, you would think him and PA would get along....who knows. Maybe trading Kuz upset him..though you'd figure getting Lindholm would have made him happy? Very strange.

Exactly… the passion is gone… 

I don’t get it either

where is the compete?

he’s a professional 

you can’t mail it in.. 

Maybe he’s depressed? 
or is horrible in the dressing room …

who knows 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, BC_Hawk said:

the doors art GIF by hoppip

dude was the next Datsyuk

now he’s just Disappearing…

it’s strange…

Edited by I.AM.THE.WALRUS
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, I.AM.THE.WALRUS said:

Exactly… the passion is gone… 

I don’t get it either

where is the compete?

he’s a professional 

you can’t mail it in.. 

Maybe he’s depressed? 
or is horrible in the dressing room …

who knows 

Petey + Mik for 
Crosby & Guentzel
Let’s do it!

• MillerTime 1

8 minutes ago, Grandmaster said:

Not unless he continues to show disinterest and poor play all the way leading up to the TDL. 

He won't be traded this season. 

Dude is on pace for 100 pts. 

What type of weed do you smoke? 

2 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

Mom Facepalm GIF by BuzzFeed
He smokes your moms weed Bruh…

Edited by I.AM.THE.WALRUS
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Grandmaster said:

Not unless he continues to show disinterest and poor play all the way leading up to the TDL. 

Can we stop with this manufactured bullshit already? 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, Jaimito said:

How are those points going to help us when we go into the playoffs and need him to play with fire? It’s been snuffed out of him for weeks. I don’t get how you don’t see that. It’s quite disturbing considering he is playing for a monster contract and we are about to embark on a legit run.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

is this credible? maybe BT wants out. 

I wouldn't get too excited, he's probably going to Florida. 

Definitely not getting excited, as I highly doubt they'd trade Brady. But, man-o-man Brady would be suuweeet. 

• Like 2
  • MillerTime 1

2 minutes ago, Grandmaster said:

How are those points going to help us when we go into the playoffs and need him to play with fire? It’s been snuffed out of him for weeks. I don’t get how you don’t see that. It’s quite disturbing considering he is playing for a monster contract and we are about to embark on a legit run.

Playoffs are months away.  He's not pulling a Kuzmenko.   He will get his game going, just like last yr when everyone want him traded.  Or the yr before.   It's always the same shit. 

He doesn't have a monster contract.  He needs to earn it.   What's the problem? 

18 minutes ago, BC_Hawk said:

Again, what part of not wanting to negotiate until the season is over is difficult for some you people to understand?

I'll be honest here, the amount of negativity and bashing against Pettersson is pretty unwarranted and feels like criticising for the sake of criticising.

I remember nearly no one was on his case early in the season when he was getting all his points. Is he playing his best right now? No, definitely not. But he's still only 25, and he's still learning how to be the guy who every team is aware of and preparing for.

He's not on the same pace he was on, but come on, he has 74 points in 60 games and is still putting up points (again, just not at the same pace as before). All this talk about trading him (unless we get an out of this world offer) is pretty ridiculous. Pettersson when he's at his best can score, create plays, and is responsible defensively. You're not going to find that combination in many of the players in the league. If you do, it's likely teams are not parting with them.

All this to say, maybe it's best to just cool it and let the guy play. If he isn't performing or cutting it by the end of the season still, then that's up to management. 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, ngoway said:

I'll be honest here, the amount of negativity and bashing against Pettersson is pretty unwarranted and feels like criticising for the sake of criticising.

I remember nearly no one was on his case early in the season when he was getting all his points. Is he playing his best right now? No, definitely not. But he's still only 25, and he's still learning how to be the guy who every team is aware of and preparing for.

He's not on the same pace he was on, but come on, he has 74 points in 60 games and is still putting up points (again, just not at the same pace as before). All this talk about trading him (unless we get an out of this world offer) is pretty ridiculous. Pettersson when he's at his best can score, create plays, and is responsible defensively. You're not going to find that combination in many of the players in the league. If you do, it's likely teams are not parting with them.

All this to say, maybe it's best to just cool it and let the guy play. If he isn't performing or cutting it by the end of the season still, then that's up to management. 

Exactly this. It's pathetic and downright embarrassing to criticize this guy for a "rough" stretch where he still has 9 points in his last 10 games. 

• Cheers 1

22 minutes ago, Grandmaster said:

Look Here Reaction GIF by Paul McCartney

• Cheers 1

38 minutes ago, I.AM.THE.WALRUS said:

Ya definitely got his wish - this is the winningest team in the league and YET he’s disconnected disengaged… and (one more d) he disappears 

deposit him on another squad and get a top 6 dude who has JT grit size and compete and a few first round draft pics 

I don’t know if you guys caught this, but when everyone was freaking out after Brock scored the OT winner, Pettersson was the only player not smiling during the celebration. 😔

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Pears said:

Again, what part of not wanting to negotiate until the season is over is difficult for some you people to understand?

Its not the lack of signing, its body language.

37 minutes ago, Pears said:

It's not opinion when it's a fact he has a better points percentage against teams in the top 10 than he does against others. 

Have you been watching - him- he disappeared - for the past month he’s lost his spark - looks disengaged and disinterested - he might be putting up points but he’s lost his fire

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, I.AM.THE.WALRUS said:

Have you been watching - him- he disappeared - for the past month he’s lost his spark - looks disengaged and disinterested - he might be putting up points but he’s lost his fire

Out of the top 15 scorers in the league, he has the 3rd lowest primary assists and that's including Matthews who only has 25 assists in total.

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, I.AM.THE.WALRUS said:

Can you tell me who made the heads up play in overtime on Saturday that lead to Boston getting called for too many men?