[Report/Rumour] Elias Pettersson Contract Talks

Rubik

1 hour ago, 24K said:

If the Sedins are giving Pettey that kind of advice then they need to be terminated on the spot. 

They in management not, not the player union.

I mean they also had a big say in bringing in Loui, OEL. Maybe their better skills and development coaches than they are managers. Though aren't they also defacto running the PP right now with Gonch? Linden learned the hard way maybe it's better to be an alum. 

5 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Petey for Jack Hughes would be nice too. But I like for Leo Carlsson too. Then Leo can slit into the three C role as he develops. The return would need to have more than just the two young guys. 

The problem is Carllson doesn't align with this teams current window. We need a player that is ready to go now. I'd do the Jack Hughes proposal straight up...but NJ would hang up the phone.

Edited by BC_Hawk
  • Like 1

Just now, BC_Hawk said:

The problem Carllson is that he doesn't align with this teams current window. We need a player that is ready to go now. I'd do the Jack Hughes proposal straight up...but NJ would hang up the phone.

Yup. Devils need a change. Petey is a much superior player to Jack. So they add Luke and we balance it out with Willander? 

• Wiener 1

6 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Petey for Jack Hughes would be nice too. But I like for Leo Carlsson too. Then Leo can slit into the three C role as he develops. The return would need to have more than just the two young guys. 

Leo played wing mostly in Sweden but is a centre. He could slide to the wing and play with Lindholm. Or like you said he could be our 3C next season. 

Leo is a top 2 pick and potential franchise player. If Bedard wasn’t in the draft he is easily a #1 overall pick. So maybe Anaheim adds a 2nd round pick. 

• Like 1

Just now, Elias Pettersson said:

Leo played wing mostly in Sweden but is a centre. He could slide to the wing and play with Lindholm. Or like you said he could be our 3C next season. 

Leo is a top 2 pick and potential franchise player. If Bedard wasn’t in the draft he is easily a #1 overall pick. So maybe Anaheim adds a 2nd round pick. 

Leo’s having a down year though. I do like him but see him as more of a project than a sure thing. Petey + Willander for Jack and Luke Hughes would make a better deal for us (and for Jersey) imo. 

• Like 2

Random rambling perhaps, but my Youtube video feed seems full of Pettersson contract speculation these days. I get it, but it also gets frustrating since I tend to have a "let's wait until the end of the season" mentality. I don't feel like going insane from all this "will he" or "will he not" resign stuff.

My thought is most likely he resigns, especially if we continue to have a solid season. Logically, I don't see the reasoning to assume he won't at this point. Obviously, there will be the chance he doesn't and that's what the media's going to harp on, but that chance of him not resigning I would think is a smaller percentage compared with him resigning unless if there's things no one knows.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, cripplereh said:

Posted this in another thread.

Brady Tkachuk,5th

For

EP40, Truscott and McDonough

If rumours are true and he might be shopped this trade would work for both.Easy sell to the fanbase of both.

He's not being shopped and NO ONE thinks he's being shopped, not even the media who want to make inflammatory posts that make you want to click on them, thus increasing their overall revenue.

Are some GM's asking about him? It's the NHL, I would be shocked if he doesn't come up in conversations, but that in no way means that Vancouver is shopping him or have any intention of moving him.

5 minutes ago, VegasCanuck said:

He's not being shopped and NO ONE thinks he's being shopped, not even the media who want to make inflammatory posts that make you want to click on them, thus increasing their overall revenue.

Are some GM's asking about him? It's the NHL, I would be shocked if he doesn't come up in conversations, but that in no way means that Vancouver is shopping him or have any intention of moving him.

Who said shopping EP?

Brady has been said to have been shopped,maybe he wants out.Whi knows but if he does I would rather have him who drives lines better then EP.Him on a line and Miller you are going to wear the other team down.

Just saying if Brady is available trading EP for him would work for both teams.

6 minutes ago, cripplereh said:

Who said shopping EP?

Brady has been said to have been shopped,maybe he wants out.Whi knows but if he does I would rather have him who drives lines better then EP.Him on a line and Miller you are going to wear the other team down.

Just saying if Brady is available trading EP for him would work for both teams.

It's been "implied" loosely in the media... and no, I don't believe it for a minute, it's just media doing what they do, fishing for clicks....

• Cheers 1

11 minutes ago, VegasCanuck said:

It's been "implied" loosely in the media... and no, I don't believe it for a minute, it's just media doing what they do, fishing for clicks....

Perhaps a good comparison that immediately comes to mind for me is Stamkos a few years back. There was tons of speculation on if he'd resign with Tampa, etc. Essentially, very similar media to what we're seeing with Pettersson. Back then, most of what the media was saying proved to be nonsense since Stamkos, at the end of the day, resigned. That's just one example of many as well.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, The Lock said:

Perhaps a good comparison that immediately comes to mind for me is Stamkos a few years back. There was tons of speculation on if he'd resign with Tampa, etc. Essentially, very similar media to what we're seeing with Pettersson. Back then, most of what the media was saying proved to be nonsense since Stamkos, at the end of the day, resigned. That's just one example of many as well.

Stamkos was a UFA at the time. Pettersson is a RFA. Although, yes, Pettersson can refuse to sign long-term with any team as a form of leverage IF we decided to trade him, it's extremely doubtful. He has said he just wants to play and not think about this till summer, I fully believe that the only ones panicking about this are fans and the media are trying to milk that for every click they can possibly generate.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, VegasCanuck said:

Stamkos was a UFA at the time. Pettersson is a RFA. Although, yes, Pettersson can refuse to sign long-term with any team as a form of leverage IF we decided to trade him, it's extremely doubtful. He has said he just wants to play and not think about this till summer, I fully believe that the only ones panicking about this are fans and the media are trying to milk that for every click they can possibly generate.

Of course, but the fact that he's RFA is all the more reason to realise how stupid the media is right now. lol

• Like 1

goodness. news on Petey has exploded on social media. 

Is it realistic that this franchise takes a step backwards with the real possibility of losing their franchise player? 

51 minutes ago, The Lock said:

Random rambling perhaps, but my Youtube video feed seems full of Pettersson contract speculation these days. I get it, but it also gets frustrating since I tend to have a "let's wait until the end of the season" mentality. I don't feel like going insane from all this "will he" or "will he not" resign stuff.

My thought is most likely he resigns, especially if we continue to have a solid season. Logically, I don't see the reasoning to assume he won't at this point. Obviously, there will be the chance he doesn't and that's what the media's going to harp on, but that chance of him not resigning I would think is a smaller percentage compared with him resigning unless if there's things no one knows.

I mean, Petey would've known that waiting until the end of the season was going to create this craziness around him and the team, no? This is Canada after all. 

57 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Leo’s having a down year though. I do like him but see him as more of a project than a sure thing. Petey + Willander for Jack and Luke Hughes would make a better deal for us (and for Jersey) imo. 

Its fun to dream.

JR will have a statue made in his honour if we get the 3 Hughes brothers together.

• Cheers 1

57 minutes ago, Alflives said:

You are forgetting that we are freeing up $12 million in cap space if we trade Petey for Carlsson. So we could sign Stamkos in the summer with the extra cap space. 

Stamkos can play with Lindholm and Carlsson is our 3C and future star player. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

22 minutes ago, The Lock said:

Gabriel Landeskog also re-signed with Colorado just a couple weeks before becoming a UFA. 

7 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

Is it realistic that this franchise takes a step backwards with the real possibility of losing their franchise player? 

Stop drinking the media and trolls....

man andy GIF

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

Thought the talks were about EP not Q Hughes

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, cripplereh said:

Thought the talks were about EP not Q Hughes

Hah. I guess Hughes could be next if he sees Petey leaving. After going through a botched rebuild because of the incompetency and idiocy of Benning. We’re now looking at another rebuild possibly. Fuck us. All of this noise now surrounding the team because it’s about Petey. Good grief. Does that affect the room? 

• Confused 1

25 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Gabriel Landeskog also re-signed with Colorado just a couple weeks before becoming a UFA. 

That’s true. I’m bracing myself to lose Petey….

31 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

I mean, Petey would've known that waiting until the end of the season was going to create this craziness around him and the team, no? This is Canada after all. 

Not just Canada, it’s stirring up across the nhl. 

**Media pushes worst case scenario narratives**

Media: Why are the fans all overreacting?

**Continues pushing panicky doomsday narratives**

So funny watching fans in this market continue to fall for the media constantly pulling the puppet strings. And then acting like it’s all the fans. 😂

Edited by DeNiro
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1