[Report/Rumour] Elias Pettersson Contract Talks

Rubik

28 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

They haven’t even begun negotiations.

This is completely different. Bo wanted to be here but wanted to get paid. That was more like the Nylander situation.

Right now fans are seeing this as more of the Tkachuk/Dubois situation which is why so many are panicking needlessly.

There isn't much to negotiate. It's fairly obvious that the Canucks aren't being stingy about money when it comes to Petterson. That isn't the issue. 

Again , who's panicking ? If he doesn't want to be here, fine. We have trades to hash out.

• Upvote 1

I'd have preferred he signed but that's looking more and more like his future will not.br here

If he wanted to be here he would have signed by now so to team would have cap certainty in place before the trade deadline so the team could plan which long term assets it can get

The delay is now hindering the teams ability to plan for the future ......  Sadly this isn't the way it would roll out if his heart was set on being here 

It's a business and if he does want out then I wish him well and thank him for his thrilling play. I hope he lands were he wishes and that our return will continue to set us up for great success 

Again I hope he does stay but it's really starting to look like that's not the outcome we will see 

Just now, Blue said:

There isn't much to negotiate. It's fairly obvious that the Canucks aren't being stingy about money when it comes to Petterson. That isn't the issue. 

Again , who's panicking ? If he doesn't want to be here, fine. We have trades to hash out.

It sounds like term is what he’s undecided on.

He either takes a big payday now with guaranteed money or he takes a shorter deal and banks on a bigger payday with the cap going up. Both come with risks. 

It’s a big decision I don’t know why fans expect him to rush.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

Our general manager himself said that the situation is unusual. Honestly whatever happens I think our team remains competitive either way.

1 minute ago, Dom said:

To Carolina:

EP40

To Vancouver:

Necas

Morrow

1st

I hope he stays but if we are looking at a trade I hope it’s for something like Byfield, Cozens, McTavish, Lafreniere, etc. Or maybe a three team trade where Tkachuk comes to Vancouver. I don’t know, it’s a difficult situation.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Hammertime said:

Sounds like Pete want's short term so he can hit UFA in his prime holding all the cards. Frankly if he want's to go that route he's gotta leave money on the table. Or we send him to Columbus to stew in his own juices. 

JR said publicly the club is ready to sign Petey to a contract that Petey is happy with. So neither money nor term seem to be an issue. 

• Vintage 1

6 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Except there’s zero proof that an offer was ever made. More media fabrications that fans fall for hook line and sinker.

This is what happens when there’s zero info coming out from Peteys camp. The media simply makes up narratives to fill empty irrelevant podcasts and radio shows.

Agree. 

That is all. 

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

He either takes a big payday now with guaranteed money or he takes a shorter deal and banks on a bigger payday with the cap going up. Both come with risks. 

There’s no need to rush for his camp. 

20 minutes ago, 24K said:

Seattle and Nashville ain't contenders so cross those off the list.

That leaves Vegas and we ain't trading him to a division trivial so that leaves only Florida. 

If it was really all about winning , he wouldn't entertain leaving a team with Quinn Hughs on it , who's leading the NHL in the standings + other categories. That was just an easy answer to give when the Canucks were under achieving. 

This is why I think he's always had his eyes on one place. New York city.

3 minutes ago, Alflives said:

JR said publicly the club is ready to sign Petey to a contract that Petey is happy with. So neither money nor term seem to be an issue. 

Then what's the distraction? He should just sign then no distraction. 

• ThereItIs 1

9 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Up till the all star break id  agree

At this point it's now tieing the hands of the team. Until his situation is sorted the Canucks can't commit to anyone over 5 million per... This could limit who the Canucks trade for .... Until they know what his end game is they can't take on any new larger contracts with term past this season 

Edited by Sapper

3 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

Agree. 

That is all. 

What proof do we need ? Management has been very clear for awhile now. And pretty open about it. 

As Alf said , management probably isn't hung up on term either. 

• Huggy Bear 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Hammertime said:

Then what's the distraction? He should just sign then no distraction. 

Agreed. After the Cup parade down Georgia this June, if Petey isn’t signed then he will be traded. Empties are saying to Jersey in a bigger deal that returns Jack and Luke Hughes. 

8 minutes ago, Blue said:

If it was really all about winning , he wouldn't entertain leaving a team with Quinn Hughs on it , who's leading the NHL in the standings + other categories. That was just an easy answer to give when the Canucks were under achieving. 

I agree. He always says he want to win where it matters and where he will get the biggest PR like Messi did. 

He probably see Vancouver and Canada as some back water hillbilly farm compared to the big apple. 

2 minutes ago, 24K said:

I agree. He always says he want to win where it matters and where he will get the biggest PR like Messi did. 

He probably see Vancouver and Canada as some back water hillbilly farm compared to the big apple. 

You know nothing about Pettersson. 😂

If anything he doesn’t like the spotlight.

13 minutes ago, Blue said:

I see him more of an LA guy

• chaos 1

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

You know nothing about Pettersson. 😂

If anything he doesn’t like the spotlight.

He want the spotlight but just when he wins and they plaster him in gold. 😂

He just don’t want criticism when he is playing like crap. 

Edited by 24K

Lolwut, why would Pettersson sign with a rebuilding Ducks team? More than likely Pettersson doesn't just want to be on a winning team, he wants to get paid too. Anaheim, while providing anonymity and money, doesn't provide Pettersson with a competitive landing spot. 

Let's be real, it'd take a lot more than Pettersson to turn that Ducks team into a playoff team let alone a contender, and I like Anaheim's crop of prospects and young NHL'ers.  

Edited by Coconuts

1 minute ago, 24K said:

He want the spotlight but just when he wins and they plaster him in gold. 😂

He just don’t want criticism when he is playing like crap. 

Thats 24 karat bullshit right there! 😂

If it makes you feel better to slander him because you’re afraid of him leaving go for it. Makes you a shitty fan though.

1 hour ago, 24K said:

At this point it is clear he doesn't want to be here. 

Only so few players that behave like this re-signs with the team. 

Yeah, it's weird. Even media people has commented on how it's strange that Petey is behaving this way. 

I gues we'll see if he's a man of his word. 

Wants to play for a winner - check

Wants to be compensated well - check (management is going to pay him - a fair amount).

What else does he want? It feels like he's stringing us along. Doesn't seem fair. 

3 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Lolwut, why would Pettersson sign with a rebuilding Ducks team? More than likely Pettersson doesn't just want to be on a winning team, he wants to get paid too. Anaheim, while providing anonymity and money, doesn't provide Pettersson with a competitive landing spot. 

Let's be real, it'd take a lot more than Pettersson to turn that Ducks team into a playoff team let alone a contender, and I like Anaheim's crop of prospects and young NHL'ers.  

He wants to be in a competitive spot? And Vancouver's not it? Something feels off about this whole process. 

But we won't really know it until maybe it's too late. Summer is close. He wants to be on a competitive team, but it feels like he's holding management hostage by not wanting to deal with them until the end of the season. Does that hinder Allvin's ability to make moves and sign players that perhaps want to come back

12 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Agreed. After the Cup parade down Georgia this June, if Petey isn’t signed then he will be traded. Empties are saying to Jersey in a bigger deal that returns Jack and Luke Hughes. 

I would trade Petey to NJ, and add to it for J. Hughes. He's worth it, and he's on a great contract. 

• Upvote 1