[Report/Rumour] Elias Pettersson Contract Talks

Rubik

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

Thats 24 karat bullshit right there! 😂

If it makes you feel better to slander him because you’re afraid of him leaving go for it. Makes you a shitty fan though.

I'm not afraid of losing him. I have been open to moving him since 2 years ago. 

Also he said he want to experience what Messi did and be in that spotlight in his now infamous boat interview. It came from the horse's mouth. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Except there’s zero proof that an offer was ever made.

At least that's what's being floated out there in social media space and circles. 

Repeat it enough times, and people start to believe in it. 

• Cheers 1

Just now, 24K said:

he said he want to experience what Messi did

Can you reference the quote of when he said those exact words? 

Because if it's there quoted, then we're fucked, and we might as well trade him for the best offer we can get. 

Just now, N4ZZY said:

He wants to be in a competitive spot? And Vancouver's not it? Something feels off about this whole process. 

But we won't really know it until maybe it's too late. Summer is close. He wants to be on a competitive team, but it feels like he's holding management hostage by not wanting to deal with them until the end of the season. Does that hinder Allvin's ability to make moves and sign players that perhaps want to come back

I mean, we knew from the get go that he wasn't interested in negotiating in season, it's the media and fans spurring this thing into a frenzy. Management likely knew where he was at, frustrating stance for them or not. 

At the end of the day we simply don't know, we're all talking out of our asses. 

Does the Pettersson domino hold up other subsequent moves? Probably. Is it Pettersson's job to manage the Canucks organization? Nah, it's his job to look out for him.

Will that frustrate some folks and have them deeming him selfish? Sure. 

• Like 1

Just now, 24K said:

I'm not afraid of losing him. I have been open to moving him since 2 years ago. 

Also he said he want to experience what Messi did and be in that spotlight in his now infamous boat interview. It came from the horse's mouth. 

Messi has won at the highest level.

The opportunity is right in front of him if he wants that.

Just now, N4ZZY said:

Can you reference the quote of when he said those exact words? 

Because if it's there quoted, then we're fucked, and we might as well trade him for the best offer we can get. 

Go watch that boat interview. 

2 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Messi has won at the highest level.

The opportunity is right in front of him if he wants that.

Problem is he doesn't want to just win it. He want it to win it in style and maybe he doesn't see that giant headline if he does it in Canada or any city outside of the big four (NY, LA, Chi, Bos).

Edited by 24K

11 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

You know nothing about Pettersson. 😂

If anything he doesn’t like the spotlight.

That's why New York would be perfect for him. He will be a small fish there. But New York still likes its hockey team. 

Just now, 24K said:

Problem is he doesn't want to just win it. He want it to win it in style and maybe he doesn't see that giant headline if he does it in Canada. 

Except it would be 10x bigger if he won in Canada…

He wants the spotlight it’s in Canada. Being the first Canadian team to win the cup in over 30 years would come with all the attention he could handle.

• Thanks 1

Just now, DeNiro said:

Except it would be 10x bigger if he won in Canada…

He wants the spotlight it’s in Canada. Being the first Canadian team to win the cup in over 30 years would come with all the attention he could handle.

He is European. Canadian spotlight means nothing to him. He will get bigger headline across the pond if he did it in a big US cities. 

International reporters won't care about Vancouver winning a cup but they sure would if NY ir LA did it. US media would probably not even gonna report it if a Canadian team wins it outside of Toronto. 

3 minutes ago, 24K said:

Problem is he doesn't want to just win it. He want it to win it in style and maybe he doesn't see that giant headline if he does it in Canada or any city outside of the big four (NY, LA, Chi, Bos).

Lol he'd be worshipped in any of the Canadian cities more than in an American city if he was to win a cup here. Especially in Vancouver or Toronto.

Why do people speculate on what Petterson is thinking? There are probably a handful of people who know what he wants, and not one of them is on this forum.

• Cheers 2

Just now, 24K said:

He is European. Canadian spotlight means nothing to him. He will get bigger headline across the pond if he did it in a big US cities. 

International reporters won't care about Vancouver winning a cup but they sure would if NY ir LA did it. US media would probably not even gonna report it if a Canadian team wins it outside of Toronto. 

What a silly fabricated narrative.

Where did you get this thought he needs to be covered by American media? What a strange delusional jump from him saying something about Messi. 😂

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Just now, greenbean30 said:

Lol he'd be worshipped in any of the Canadian cities more than in an American city if he was to win a cup here. Especially in Vancouver or Toronto.

Why do people speculate on what Petterson is thinking? There are probably a handful of people who know what he wants, and not one of them is on this forum.

As I said, he more than likely don't care about Canada. He is European, international fame means more.

2 hours ago, The Lock said:

Perhaps a good comparison that immediately comes to mind for me is Stamkos a few years back. There was tons of speculation on if he'd resign with Tampa, etc. Essentially, very similar media to what we're seeing with Pettersson. Back then, most of what the media was saying proved to be nonsense since Stamkos, at the end of the day, resigned. That's just one example of many as well.

I don't think that is a perfect comparison.  He wasn't in RFA years. He had already been to the promised land with the team. They were trying to keep as much of the pieces together as they could. And didn't just want to give him a massive retirement contract. They were clearly negotiating. They weren't handing him a pen and a blank check and asking him to write what he wants on it. Which is basically what the Canucks are doing.

Just now, 24K said:

As I said, he more than likely don't care about Canada. He is European, international fame means more.

And being famous in Sweden wouldn’t be enough?

You’re really stretching with this…

1 minute ago, 24K said:

What are you talking about? It would be just as big of news "across the pond" in a Canadian city wins the cup. Hockey is deemed Canada's sport, you go across to Europe and everyone associates hockey with Canada, not New York or LA.

• Cheers 1

Just now, DeNiro said:

And being famous in Sweden wouldn’t be enough?

You’re really stretching with this…

Believe what you want. I am trying to make sense of his behaviour cause how he is behaving is not normal and it ain't just me saying this. 

Our GM even says he is behaving unusually. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, greenbean30 said:

What are you talking about? It would be just as big of news "across the pond" in a Canadian city wins the cup. Hockey is deemed Canada's sport, you go across to Europe and everyone associates hockey with Canada, not New York or LA.

Maybe cause I been living in the US too long but I came to the realization that no one gives a F about Canada unless we are the butt end of a joke. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, 24K said:

Believe what you want. I am trying to make sense of his behaviour cause how he is behaving is not normal and it ain't just me saying this. 

Our GM even says he is behaving unusually. 

He said it might be a bit unusual for a player  to take this long to make up their mind.

Petey is a different cat though. He also made it very clear before the season he didn’t wanna negotiate in season. Not his fault no one was listening. 😂

Just now, 24K said:

Maybe cause I been living in the US too long but I came to the realization that no one gives a F about Canada unless we are the butt end of a joke. 

Yeah, your American is coming out.

Winning a cup in America is not going to get you more recognition internationally than winning a cup in Canada.