[Report/Rumour] Elias Pettersson Contract Talks

Rubik

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Not an argument against Gillis being the POHO and GM during our most successful era. And he went to ownership after the first round exit to the Kings with a plan to rebuild. He was denied and fired the next season. Then we got Benning . Uggh.

Ugh we got Benning ughh???

Ugh Demko?

Ugh Boeser?

Ugh Pettersson 

Ugh Hughes? Ugh?

Ugh Miller? Ugh??

ugh???

quit with the trolling. Gillis was tits on a bull. 
lmfao you wanted a guy who drafted and devoped….. how many NHLers to rebuild??? Hahahahahahahahah omg dude give your head serious shake. Gillis woulda left us in eternal hell.

• Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Bardown said:

The basis of the argument is $12 mil not who said it or not. If that’s what you’re arguing you’re playing a silly game that ignores the actual point 

if we agree that’s his “worth”

and the Canucks have put an offer on the table, which logically they would have given they said they’re very frustrated…

2+2 = what? 1.7 in your mind?

Incorrect. The entire thing we were talking about was if there was an actual offer on the table at that amount. How am I playing a silly game? You entered in the conversation and started throwing around Nylander when he, or what he makes has absolutely nothing to do with what you were replying to.

The entire premise of the conversation you entered is IF there was a 12x8 contract on the table for Petey. You said there was, Dhali said so. Dhali actually said there wasn't and only some Toronto reported said that who has, to my knowledge, never been right on anything Canucks related in the past as an inside source. So even though what you were talking about wasn't even the right subject, you still managed to be entirely wrong on the part we were talking about.

So what the hell are you actually talking about? You entered the conversation, started talking about something completely different and irrelevant then asking if I don't understand basic math? Do you see the irony in this?

Edited by MeanSeanBean
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, MeanSeanBean said:

Incorrect. The entire thing we were talking about was if there was an actual offer on the table at that amount. How am I playing a silly game? You entered in the conversation and started throwing around Nylander when he, or what he makes has absolutely nothing to do with what you were replying to.

The entire premise of the conversation you entered is IF there was a 12x8 contract on the table for Petey. You said there was, Dhali said so. Dhali actually said there wasn't and only some Toronto reported said that who has, to my knowledge, never been right on anything Canucks related in the past as an inside source.

So what the hell are you actually talking about? You entered the conversation, started talking about something completely different and irrelevant then asking if I don't understand basic math? Do you see the irony in this?

So you think the Canucks are “very frustrated” according to Dhali because they didn’t put an offer on the table?

Dance around it all you want 

as I said sometimes you need to use common sense 

it seems you want to argue to hide from said common sense because YOU don’t want to admit you could be wrong. 

Edited by Bardown

1 minute ago, Bardown said:

So you think the Canucks are “very frustrated” according to Dhali because they didn’t put an offer on the table?

Dance around it all you want 

as I said sometimes you need to use common sense 

Yes? Because they don't have clarity, and that's frustrating. That's about as common sense as it gets. No one has reported outside some Toronto guy there was a contract, and multiple people have reported there was not, including the guy you were using as your source to say there was.

But yes, I'm sure you're the one who's clearly got their finger on the pulse of a 100 million dollar contract negotiation. Way to go, you did it.

15 minutes ago, J-23 said:

I would accept any Kings deal if they included Byfield. That guy is underrated, and I think he makes the Team Canada rosters down the road.

The Rangers would definitely include Mika if it meant they were getting Pettersson back. The additional guys would be interesting Lafreniere, Chytil, Schneider, Miller, etc. Who would it be?

This is why I’m not really concerned. If he stays we are good. If he wants to leave, then there is nothing we can really do about it. Also we would get a really good trade back. Nothing to worry about in my opinion. 

I doubt Byfield is available, not sure they could fit Pettersson's extension in next season without moving significant cap out either

Only way that'd probably work is by giving up Byfield and Dubois, given how Byfield has looked they may be better off standing pat 

Maybe Zibanejad would waive his NMC, but he's in control of that scenario

Edited by Coconuts

4 minutes ago, MeanSeanBean said:

Yes? Because they don't have clarity, and that's frustrating. That's about as common sense as it gets. No one has reported outside some Toronto guy there was a contract, and multiple people have reported there was not, including the guy you were using as your source to say there was.

But yes, I'm sure you're the one who's clearly got their finger on the pulse of a 100 million dollar contract negotiation. Way to go, you did it.

God just stop man

here think

1. Canucks are very frustrated 

2. why? Because they didn’t offer a contract or did? And Petey hasn’t come to the table. 

3. You say he’s worth more than Nylander at 11.5

4. Aqua has never been cheap. 

5. it follows LOGICALLY 

THAT IF THE CANUCKS ARE FRUSTRATED ITS BECAUSE THEY MADE AN OFFER, THEY AREN’T FRUSTRATED BECAUSE THEY HAVEN’T MADE A BONA FIDE OFFER.

THAT OFFER LOGICALLY, WOULD BE MORE THAN NYLANDER WHICH YOU AGREED 

THEREFORE, IT IS LIKELY IN THE 12 mil RANGE 

now go argue with a tree about your source source source!!!! 

mine is common sense and logic

good god, I suggest you learn to accept you can be wrong before you enter the workforce 

Edited by Bardown
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

I doubt Byfield is available, not sure they could fit Pettersson's extension in next season without moving significant cap out either

Only way that'd probably work is by giving up Byfield and Dubois, given how Byfield has looked they may be better off standing pat 

Petey and Mik

to Anaheim for 

McTavish and their first 

4 minutes ago, Bardown said:

God just stop man

here think

1. Canucks are very frustrated 

2. why? Because they didn’t offer a contract or did? And Petey hasn’t come to the table. 

3. You say he’s worth more than Nylander at 11.5

4. Aqua has never been cheap. 

5. it follows LOGICALLY 

THAT IF THE CANUCKS ARE FRUSTRATED ITS BECUASE THE MADE AN OFFER

THAT OFFER LOGICALLY, WOULD BE MORE THAN NYLANDER WHICH YOU AGREED 

THEREFORE, IT IS LIKELY IN THE 12 mil RANGE 

now go argue with a tree about your source source source!!!! 

mine is common sense and logic

good god, I suggest you learn to accept you can be wrong before you enter the workforce 

Dude, you entered a a conversation with me, did not know what we were talking about, then pivoted to a brand new subject and started going off on lists in all capitals about things that make no sense and making personal attacks.

Bugger off go meditate or something, you need to get ahold of yourself.

Edited by MeanSeanBean
  • Wiener 1

Just now, MeanSeanBean said:

Dude, you entered a a conversation with me, did know what we were talking about, then pivoted to a brand new subject and started going off on lists in all capitals about things that make no sense and making personal attacks.

Bugger off go meditate or something, you need to get ahold of yourself.

The impact of participation ribbons is sad 

2 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Like I said I would accept any deal that includes Byfield. Teams will have to give up good players to get Pettersson and they will. 

Regardless, I still stand with my conclusion. If Pettersson signs a contract or is traded, I believe that this team will be fine. I hope he stays but who knows, it’s going to be a long time until the off-season, especially with all this talk.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, J-23 said:

Like I said I would accept any deal that includes Byfield. Teams will have to give up good players to get Pettersson and they will. 

Regardless, I still stand with my conclusion. If Pettersson signs a contract or is traded, I believe that this team will be fine. I hope he stays but who knows, it’s going to be a long time until the off-season, especially with all this talk.

I agree we will be fine, I just don't view LA as an interested party which is why I didn't list them

Dubois should be better, Byfield should be Kopitar's heir apparenr

9 minutes ago, Bardown said:

Petey and Mik

to Anaheim for 

McTavish and their first 

As mentioned earlier, I don't view Anaheim as an organization Pettersson would sign with

I reckon he'll want a more competitive landing spot

1 hour ago, BigTramFan said:

I'm not sure why the fan base is panicking all of a sudden.

Last off season, Petey said he wants to wait til the end of this season to work out a deal. No one seemed to panic when he said that then. Nothing has changed and now everyone's panicking.

JR and PA have cool heads. They will look to extend Petey as soon as he is ready. If that is not workable in the off season, they will trade him.

I don't think anyone is really panicking. But the waiting is weird. Especially since he's said things like "he wants to be on a winner." The team is good and management is trustworthy in building a competitive team, he also said he doesn't want his contract to be a distraction, well waiting has made it a distraction. Management is also feeling this cause apparently they are getting lots of calls about Petey wondering what is going on there.

ALSO, the lack of knowing what his deal is makes it nearly impossible to make any moves for the future. IE re-signing Lindholm, Zadarov, and even Hronek becomes hard to do without knowing what Petey's deal will be. Nobody is panicking. We just want to know what's going on so we can also make other moves for the future. The longer this drags, the less likely it is we can re-sign some of our UFAs. And in the trade market all we can really do is either cap dump someone like Mik or trade for UFAs. We hate rentals, but it's all we can really do til Petey either re-signs or wants out.

Well this is interesting.  First the top ten points leaders. Next the top ten highest salaries.  Since a lot of people simply sight points productions this would put petey around the Mitch marner value of 9.8 which is exactly where I feel he should be.  Though points is not my personal driving factor to value. For my "best player"  I like a guy who has character, can change a game, can play with an edge and is team first... hmmm Screenshot_20240227_165120_Facebook.thumb.jpg.b9526e14ffc800977397c14f29657969.jpgScreenshot_20240227_165052_Chrome.thumb.jpg.f683b03cb81b745294493a68691d9311.jpg

Edited by ronning4center

11 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

As mentioned earlier, I don't view Anaheim as an organization Pettersson would sign with

I reckon he'll want a more competitive landing spot

Sure,

but Petey said that during the Benning years

if we assume the Canucks will pay him very fairly as has been rumoured

and we’re a winner with a long cup window

Perhaps his issue is not winning and it was a cover for wanting out, as we are as good as they come and the future looks very bright.

perhaps his issue is he wants sunshine and anonymity- he has never liked the media that’s certain.

He can’t enjoy this city,  whereas in Anaheim or the like, no one would care who he is at a restaurant etc 

Just saying, his “ I want a winning team” doesn’t hold if he wants out still. 

Edited by Bardown
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Bardown said:

Sure,

but Petey said that during the Benning years

if we assume the Canucks will pay him very fairly as has been rumoured

and we’re a winner with a long cup window

Perhaps his issue is not winning and it was a cover for wanting out, as we are as good as they come and the future looks very bright.

perhaps his issue is he wants sunshine and anonymity- he has never liked the media that’s certain.

He can’t enjoy this city,  whereas in Anaheim or the like, no one would care who he is at a restaurant etc 

Just saying, his “ I want a winning team” doesn’t hold if he wants out still. 

I explained my reasoning regarding Anaheim earlier

I think he'll sign and remain a Canuck

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 1

9 minutes ago, Bardown said:

Why is it bad?

It’s a first round pick and a grade a prospect short of being something that you don’t hang up the phone on… 

Edited by Dizzle