[Report/Rumour] Elias Pettersson Contract Talks

Rubik

35 minutes ago, R3aL said:

That guy on spitting chiclets IG saying he heard a rumour Nylander and EP40 trying to both go to the Blackhawks next summer is absolutely absurd... stupidest click bait opinion I have ever heard.

Hoping no one in our market reacts to him. IGNORE. Dont give him what he wants.

Exactly. Please don't give this moron the attention he's obviously desperately looking for. 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, R3aL said:

That guy on spitting chiclets IG saying he heard a rumour Nylander and EP40 trying to both go to the Blackhawks next summer is absolutely absurd... stupidest click bait opinion I have ever heard.

Bisonette or one of his guests?

39 minutes ago, Pears said:

Exactly. Please don't give this moron the attention he's obviously desperately looking for. 

Those guys just trying to amplify their platform by making ridiculous rumours. They know the Vancouver market will respond. But with the actual rumour. Eh, hearing that Nylander is already in talks with extension with the Leafs. If EP40 has been concerned with how the Canucks are organized and whether they're going to be a contender or not moving forward, why would he go to the Blackhawks, who are not only a shady organization for sexual misconduct and abuse within, but also they're going to suck for a few more years. EP40 and Nylander will get them to be an exciting team with Bedard, but how are they going to keep the puck out of the net with that defense and goaltender? It's just more losing for Petey, and he hates that as it is now

I call bullshit. 

On 12/22/2023 at 1:15 PM, Elias Pettersson said:

Nothing crazy. Only $12 million. The team is wonderful. The $12 million per year would make the team even more wonderful…   😊

On 12/25/2023 at 4:16 PM, Jester13 said:

11.5%-12.5% of next year's salary cap of $87.7 million =

$10.08 million to $10.96 million

12 Million is a little steep , I think Jester's number seem more realistic. Miller and Hughes, our two best players making 8, and Petey making a third more then them? Doesn't sound like everyone is on the same page here.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

35 minutes ago, EdgarM said:

12 Million is a little steep , I think Jester's number seem more realistic. Miller and Hughes, our two best players making 8, and Petey making a third more then them? Doesn't sound like everyone is on the same page here.

I'm with @Jester13. I'm thinking it'll be between 10 and 11m.

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, R3aL said:

The Hawks offer sheeting Petey would be a bit of a stone throw from a glass house surely?

The Canucks would offer sheet Bedard to an absurd number for just enough years to take him to UFA status. Chicago pretty much has to match which means the Canucks could average down on his salary when they do get to sign him as a UFA otherwise they lose draft picks forever but have their guy a few years earlier.

21 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

EP is not a $12 million dollar player. Many people on here posting ridiculous numbers..

Jester I would not be surprised if the final numbers fall within your prediction/proposal 

EP is a $10 million dollar player IF he signs a long term deal, 6 plus years.. 

I think JR wants him at under $10 million. I think EP is being offered around $9 million right now on 5 year deal. 

$12 million dollar players are 1 or 2 levels above EP. NHL superstars... Quinn Hughes McDavid the 2 guys in Toronto and Colorado. EP not there level. 

$9 million 5 years... that's what he's worth. It's a good deal for both sides. 

I just wish Petey would poop or get off the pot. Not sure what the hold up is. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

1 hour ago, N4ZZY said:

Those guys just trying to amplify their platform by making ridiculous rumours. They know the Vancouver market will respond. But with the actual rumour. Eh, hearing that Nylander is already in talks with extension with the Leafs. If EP40 has been concerned with how the Canucks are organized and whether they're going to be a contender or not moving forward, why would he go to the Blackhawks, who are not only a shady organization for sexual misconduct and abuse within, but also they're going to suck for a few more years. EP40 and Nylander will get them to be an exciting team with Bedard, but how are they going to keep the puck out of the net with that defense and goaltender? It's just more losing for Petey, and he hates that as it is now

I call bullshit. 

especially because we would want both Bedard and Celebrini for Petey, which wont happen till next year draft. Maybe July we can talk

26 minutes ago, drdeath said:

The Hawks offer sheeting Petey would be a bit of a stone throw from a glass house surely?

The Canucks would offer sheet Bedard to an absurd number for just enough years to take him to UFA status. Chicago pretty much has to match which means the Canucks could average down on his salary when they do get to sign him as a UFA otherwise they lose draft picks forever but have their guy a few years earlier.

Any offer sheet the Canucks wouldn’t match would be like a billion draft picks in compensation.  

The worst case scenario is that he refuses to sign anything besides a 1 year deal to walk himself to FA.  At that point we trade him for a billion draft picks.  

2nd worse would be a gross cap hit at a non max term a la the Matthews.  

That said, some people are setting themselves up to be very disappointed guessing what he’ll get.  It’s going to be a lot closer to 12 than 10.

In either case we’re getting Petey locked up or a billion draft picks. 

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, NoCupSyndrome said:

1 & 2 of Bedard & EP would be a damn good starting point to become a winning team. 

But the only way EP is going there is if Bedard is coming home with Maklin Celebrini guy so Chicago has to tank again, just to get the trade done

3 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

Hold up $$$$

No way JR pays him like a super star which he wants to get payed as. 

JR isn't going over $10 mill but right now he's probably being offered around $9 million..

We all love Petey but if we take the emotions out and think what he's worth no way he's worth $11 million plus. He's a $9 million dollar guy on 5 year deal. 

Quinn is a legit super star. League wide he's a star. Petey is not but wants to get paid like one. 

agree, If you're not careful, you'll end up like the Leafs, who are paying multiple guys HUGE money - all for what? None of those snot-nosed punks have ever won anything either. They need to be careful with this one. He's the opposite of "big and strong" - which is critical in the playoffs.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

Hold up $$$$

JR isn't going over $10 mill but right now he's probably being offered around $9 million..

We all love Petey but if we take the emotions out and think what he's worth no way he's worth $11 million plus. He's a $9 million dollar guy on 5 year deal. 

Quinn is a legit super star. League wide he's a star. Petey is not but wants to get paid like one. 

Miller has outscored Pettersson every season as a Canuck except in 2022/23, so how much do you pay him? 

Edited by sxqhfeh
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

Hold up $$$$

he shouldn't be making more than Miller at $8MUSD, 
Miller has the skill AND size+strength to battle in the postseason, and also he has transformed himself into a defensive beast.

When was the last time you saw Petey dominate/steal a game? How many 1 timers has he missed or whiffed on this season? Those used to be surefire goals... now they aren't even hitting the net. He may become a $12m player someday but that day is NOT now so it looks like another "show me" contract for Petey in the meantime. He just turned 25 so there is still time for him to get stronger, develop his game, and grow into the big bucks category hopefully 

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

Hold up $$$$

agreed. I just hope whatever happens, it happens by the TDL. Either a good extension or a blockbuster. 

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Tusk said:

especially because we would want both Bedard and Celebrini for Petey, which wont happen till next year draft. Maybe July we can talk

I love Petey and would want him here as a Canuck. But man, if we got both Bedard and Celebrini. I'm down for trading Petey for those two. With that being said, Celebrini's going to be a Shark. 

• Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

agreed. I just hope whatever happens, it happens by the TDL. Either a good extension or a blockbuster. 

JR would know a superstar when he sees one. He did after all see up close and personal how Crosby and Malkin played. I'm not sure if he was the GM at the time that the Penguins drafted both of those guys. 

• Vintage 1

Just now, N4ZZY said:

JR would know a superstar when he sees one. He did after all see up close and personal how Crosby and Malkin played. I'm not sure if he was the GM at the time that the Penguins drafted both of those guys. 

well, he did choose JT over Bo and the team hasn't looked this good in a decade. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Bob Long said:

well, he did choose JT over Bo and the team hasn't looked this good in a decade. 

to be fair, i don't think Bo was worth the contract the Islanders gave him. they had to give it to him or risk losing him for nothing. but then again, giving JT 8M - while it looks good right now - does that contract age well in the backend of the contract? 

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

to be fair, i don't think Bo was worth the contract the Islanders gave him. they had to give it to him or risk losing him for nothing. but then again, giving JT 8M - while it looks good right now - does that contract age well in the backend of the contract? 

Do we really care about 5 years from now? JTM is a top 10 centre in the league. He signed with us for a team friendly cap and term. IMHAO JTM will be great for his whole contract. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

don't care, he wasn't signed for the back end, the window is now plus a few more years. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Do we really care about 5 years from now? JTM is a top 10 centre in the league. He signed with us for a team friendly cap and term. IMHAO JTM will be great for his whole contract. 

I'd say top 5.  The only centres I'd take over JTM right now would be mcdavid, Mackinnon, J Hughes, and Matthews.  I'm not even sure I'd take matthews over JTM right now...

• Like 2
  • Vintage 1