[Report/Rumour] Elias Pettersson Contract Talks

Rubik

So Petey wants to go to Chicago?  

The 2024 draft is before free agency, so if Chicago obtains the 1st overall pick then we can trade Petey to Chicago for their 2024 1st and 2025 1st. 

Then we draft Celebrini. We also free up $10-11 million in cap space that was going to be allocated to Petey for next season. We could sign Stamkos with the extra cap space. 

So we get Celebrini and Stamkos for Petey. Plus a 2025 1st from Chicago. 

We could flip that 2025 1st from Chicago for Lawson Crouse or go hard after Brady Tkachuk. 

And of course in 6 years Bedard is coming home. 

• Haha 2
  • Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

39 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

The 2024 draft is before free agency, so if Chicago obtains the 1st overall pick then we can trade Petey to Chicago for their 2024 1st and 2025 1st. 

Then we draft Celebrini. We also free up $10-11 million in cap space that was going to be allocated to Petey for next season. We could sign Stamkos with the extra cap space. 

We could flip that 2025 1st from Chicago for Lawson Crouse or go hard after Brady Tkachuk. 

As long as one Pettersson is in club,i am ok with deal

• ThereItIs 1

42 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Oh buddy.  Sign me up for this and let's get Brady.  Bye Petey.

• Cheers 2

2 hours ago, wai_lai416 said:

lol blackhawks is not going to offer sheet 10.7.. they will offer 8.5 1year for a 1st 2nd 3rd Canucks either forced to not match and take the 3 picks.. or they match and won’t be allowed to trade ep for the year and watch him walk to ufa or give him whatever he wants.. so  if the rumours are true then they can run that by ep play 1 year for 8.5 either for the Canucks or hawks and then we sign u to the massive deal u want. The Canucks are screwed up the ass if the hawks do the 8.5mil offer.. and sure the Canucks can retaliate later with bedard.. but that would require A to have the cap space and B Chicago taking their time and let bedard reach rfa. 

This is a rumour that really has nothing behind it to make it valid in any way. Enough said.

4 minutes ago, higgyfan said:

This is a rumour that really has nothing behind it to make it valid in any way. Enough said.

of coz it's a rumor.. but that's a very realistic scenario for any team interested in proaching EP not just the hawks.. carolina already showed how to do it.. it's the 1 year rfa offer sheet that'll screw the teams over.

• Cheers 1

4 hours ago, Hairy Kneel said:

They're playing him more physical.  He's slowly getting dragged into a knuckle dragging style. That's not his game.

Instead of creating offensive chances he's looking for hits. Fk the hits Petie! Use your magical sedinery bro!!

4 hours ago, Lemon Face said:

But coach love thugs.EP and Kuz and Mik are not.Maybe that is the reason for rumors circulating around????????

Yup, it could very well be the RT effect, he was as gangsta as they came when he played, and perhaps he's demanding it from everyone on the roster?

Just now, wai_lai416 said:

of coz it's a rumor.. but that's a very realistic scenario for any team interested in proaching EP not just the hawks.. carolina already showed how to do it.. it's the 1 year rfa offer sheet that'll screw the teams over.

We don't see offer sheets around much anymore.  The Kotkaniemi offer was a 'get

even' attempt on Montreal for offer-sheeting Aho.  Of course the Canadiens never signed

Aho, but what they did caused a huge increase in $ for Carolina. 

Offer-sheets like what you are suggesting for Chi, are looked down upon by the owners and

GMs.  I know the Blackhawks have little integrity these days, but doing what you are suggesting

would end up causing a lot of grief for them.

8 minutes ago, higgyfan said:

We don't see offer sheets around much anymore.  The Kotkaniemi offer was a 'get

even' attempt on Montreal for offer-sheeting Aho.  Of course the Canadiens never signed

Aho, but what they did caused a huge increase in $ for Carolina. 

Offer-sheets like what you are suggesting for Chi, are looked down upon by the owners and

GMs.  I know the Blackhawks have little integrity these days, but doing what you are suggesting

would end up causing a lot of grief for them.

yes and no i doubt teams cared about montreal and carolina offer sheeting each other.. teams are still trading with them.. you burn bridge with 1 team big deal. it's there for a reason and it's only worth doing if u know there's a chance the team won't match or in this case take the player to ufa where u can sign him.

For an offer sheet to be not worth matching it would have to be over 12 million. Anything over 10.7 would have a 4 first round pick price tag.

I for one would jump on 4 first round picks from the hawks. They have beddard, an over the hill Seth Jones, a few journeymen and 18 replacement level players. Even with petey and bedard they would be a bottom feeder for years.

So 2 top 10 picks, 2 top 20 picks and 12 million in cap space for petey.

This rumor is a joke anyways but far from a threat.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, wai_lai416 said:

yes and no i doubt teams cared about montreal and carolina offer sheeting each other.. teams are still trading with them.. you burn bridge with 1 team big deal. it's there for a reason and it's only worth doing if u know there's a chance the team won't match or in this case take the player to ufa where u can sign him.

If it was such a win for a team to offer-sheet, we would see more of it.  The consequences

could make matters worse for a team.  I just don't see this happening.

As far as I'm concerned, it's a rumour and not worth wasting my breath on it anymore.

9 minutes ago, higgyfan said:

If it was such a win for a team to offer-sheet, we would see more of it.  The consequences

could make matters worse for a team.  I just don't see this happening.

As far as I'm concerned, it's a rumour and not worth wasting my breath on it anymore.

teams don't bother offersheeting coz they know 99% of them gets matched... and really there aren't many player worth offersheeting.. if you are going to offersheet someone you it better be a players that's worth it and u know the other team won't match.. most players that's worth it are in the 10+ mil range aka not worth it. the only time offersheets are worth is if the player is going to be 1 year away from ufa which puts the other team in a bind on whether to match and risk him going to ufa for nothing or let him go for the compensation.. rarely u see rfa gets to that position.. Calgary almost did with MT so they took him to aribitration to prevent the offersheet

39 minutes ago, Slegr said:

If Petey truly cared about winning, he’d get a deal signed quickly so that he becomes less of a distraction for this club. We’ve had enough distractions in recent years. The Canucks have proven they can win now, and they’re committed to signing him. He needs to step up and get something figured out.

Guess we will see if the, "I wanna play for a winner" talk is real or just posturing for money.

If he wants to play for a winner he can sign up. If not he's just looking for leverage and money.

Half the fan base thought his previous comments were a signal that he wants outta here. Let's see.

Personally I think he should get on with signing or get lost. This team has had 10 years of distractions snd negativity. Figure it out Petey. Don't bait the team.

• Like 3
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Slegr said:

If Petey truly cared about winning, he’d get a deal signed quickly so that he becomes less of a distraction for this club. We’ve had enough distractions in recent years. The Canucks have proven they can win now, and they’re committed to signing him. He needs to step up and get something figured out.

Its a business. As much as I hate the business side I realize that players have short careers and have to look out for themselves first, the team second.

56 minutes ago, Jester13 said:

If the Hawks offersheeted Petey and he signed it then it would show his true colours that he's just in it for the money, in which case, I'd be happy to see him go and take the picks. 

I honestly don't get why a deal isn't done already. I mean, he said he wanted to see how the team performed. Well, we were 1st going into the Christmas break. Does he still need to see more results or is it in fact actually about the money? Allvin & Co have proven they are competent and know what they're doing. What's the issue?

The team is a winning team now, but Petey is sucking right now too... no deal because he wants both -- winning team and the big bucks.  Big bucks comes from big performance which he isn't doing right now.

• Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 1

I am just here cause I also heard the BS Chicago rumor and wanted to laugh at it and also say I hope they give us four 1st rounders for the scrawny puke. But I really doubt he'd rather play in Chicago instead of here. If the idea was contending, why go to a team that has 1 player worth a damn who is a teenager still? Come on. He's staying. He'll sign for 10.5mil because I want to manifest that number even though he'll almost certainly sign for over 11mil cause greed. And we'll all be one big happy dysfunctional family.

So its Petterson to Chicago eh, i guess ill take a go at a proposal

To Van - RD Murphy, RD Crevier, F Kurashev,  LW Reichel, 2024 2nd 

Pettersson, Myers, Nick Cicek 

Micheyev Miller Boeser

Kurashev Sutter Kuzmenko

Joshua Blueger Garland 

Reichel Aman Lafferety

Hughes Hronek

Zedorov Murphy 

Cole Juulsen 

Soucy Crevier 

4 hours ago, Jester13 said:

If the Hawks offersheeted Petey and he signed it then it would show his true colours that he's just in it for the money, in which case, I'd be happy to see him go and take the picks. 

I honestly don't get why a deal isn't done already. I mean, he said he wanted to see how the team performed. Well, we were 1st going into the Christmas break. Does he still need to see more results or is it in fact actually about the money? Allvin & Co have proven they are competent and know what they're doing. What's the issue?

I suspect that it's probably money driven. the team is winning, and he still hasn't signed, so he's either very greedy player (in which case, I'll take the 4 1st round picks), or he still needs to see more evidence of the team's future. 

4 hours ago, N4ZZY said:

I suspect that it's probably money driven. the team is winning, and he still hasn't signed, so he's either very greedy player (in which case, I'll take the 4 1st round picks), or he still needs to see more evidence of the team's future. 

Or....maybe it's just a complicated deal.  They not only have to figure out the aav, but the term, the actual salary from year to year, the structure with regards to signing bonus money vs regular salary, trade protection clauses, etc.  Assuming he's a " very greedy player" just because a deal isn't done seems a bit myopic 

• Cheers 1

On 12/28/2023 at 11:44 AM, R3aL said:

That guy on spitting chiclets IG saying he heard a rumour Nylander and EP40 trying to both go to the Blackhawks next summer is absolutely absurd... stupidest click bait opinion I have ever heard.

Hoping no one in our market reacts to him. IGNORE. Dont give him what he wants.

Perfect!  I don’t mind a Petey/Bedard swap one for one…. 😄

It genuinely seems dumb as Chicago is years away from being a contender.  As we have seen; even with a bunch of talented high end pieces, it takes time to fill out a roster and get a winner in place.  We are still a ways away and we have a top flight goalie, a true #1 D, and two high end centres.  Not many teams can boast that to build around, certainly not Chicago even with Petey and Nylander.

18 minutes ago, Alflives said:

term will be 3-4 years. So cap allocation is less. 9.5 per. 
Yes, Alf does have a crystal ball. 
BA613BEA-8AEC-4CB7-9C57-0E13E0B6143F.gif.273efee521ed3ff2af6f6d6c861dcc04.gif

What's the logic behind that? Matthews just signed a 13.25 for 5 years. Shorter term doesn't mean less money for established top scorers lol.