[Report/Rumour] Elias Pettersson Contract Talks

Rubik

8 minutes ago, Tusk said:

Those seem like all the teams we want to think we are not a problem, they can beat the canucks no problem, 4 games straight no problem

Is it all in the plan for the playoffs?

Stuff happens, people die, and lead-footed 'nuckleheads sometimes make it to the SC finals only to lose, no biggie. Might happen again this year, this team might have a tiny chance to make it to SC finals, and then lose, and have foolish idiot fanboys declare how truly wonderful Pettersson is for the rest of the time like because so many Canuck fans have such very small minds, what more can I say?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sxqhfeh said:

Stuff happens, people die, and lead-footed 'nuckleheads sometimes make it to the SC finals only to lose, no biggie. Might happen again this year, this team might have a tiny chance to make it to SC finals, and then lose, and have foolish idiot fanboys declare how truly wonderful Pettersson is for the rest of the time like because so many Canuck fans have such very small minds, what more can I say?

The only way Petey gets his big bucks is if we win the cup this year. But even then I think management is smart enough to do the qualifying offer of 8.5 for a year and let him go to UFA the following. Because then we can win 2 Cups!

After that, party is over, Cap space and all that. But I am sure Alvin can figure out a way to replace him in 2 years with one of our prospects

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, sxqhfeh said:

Let's sum it up and get real, lost to Golden Helmets, lost to Avalanche, lost to NYR, lost to Flyers twice, lost to Leafs, lost to NJ, is 1-1 against Dallas, is 1-1 against the middling Minny Wild, is 1-1 against middling Calgary Dumpster Fires, and is 3-1 against the MIGHTY SJ cartilage fish. Yup, that is all screaming legitimate Stanley Cup contender to me. lol.

Don't think that's summing up what i said, but I assume you are saying that, despite our record, we are not in the contender conversation.  Agreed, don't think anyone is saying that, but there are certainly positives and this is the most exciting season in a decade. Consistently beating bad teams is actually a step up, and is promising. Facing top teams we are not fairing that well, but at least some consistency that shows us where we are at. 

We were those bad teams for the last decade. 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Got the Babych said:

Don't think that's summing up what i said, but I assume you are saying that, despite our record, we are not in the contender conversation.  Agreed, don't think anyone is saying that, but there are certainly positives and this is the most exciting season in a decade. Consistently beating bad teams is actually a step up, and is promising. Facing top teams we are not fairing that well, but at least some consistency that shows us where we are at. 

We were those bad teams for the last decade. 

Maybe we are just being "sleepers" in regular season so the top teams dont look over our tapes all day.

Maybe Toccs does lineups to make sure we lose to those teams so that OUR guys look at those teams tapes all day.

7 minutes ago, Tusk said:

The only way Petey gets his big bucks is if we win the cup this year. But even then I think management is smart enough to do the qualifying offer of 8.5 for a year and let him go to UFA the following. Because then we can win 2 Cups!

After that, party is over, Cap space and all that. But I am sure Alvin can figure out a way to replace him in 2 years with one of our prospects

Pettersson is playing like he doesn't want more money than team drivers Hughes and Miller after all, and I'm ok with that because I'm not convinced he deserves a lot more, Petey is here until he's not, relax already, it's only the circus. Even in his rookie year, Petey was good for a month and a half and hung on for the rest of the season to eke out a Calder win. This season they got two good weeks out of him so far. Petey is on pace to take a pay CUT if he keeps on the way he has the past month, qualifying offer of 8.5  is their must-do. If finally, they have to trade him the chances are his replacements won't miss the net nearly as much as this guy does so that would be nice.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Tusk said:

Alvins was at the juniors in Sweden. Anyone have the interview he did when he mentioned Elias Petterson (the forward)

It's funny how Finland has won this tournament 3 times in the past decade with half the population and Sweden is 0 for the past 11 tournaments. Canucks and their fans love Swedes and then they wonder why they never win anything. I'll tell you why, Swedes celebrate bronze medals like Canadians celebrate their gold, Swedes are losers.lol

3 minutes ago, sxqhfeh said:

It's funny how Finland has won this tournament 3 times in the past decade with half the population and Sweden is 0 for the past 11 tournaments. Canucks and their fans love Swedes and then they wonder why they never win anything. I'll tell you why, Swedes celebrate bronze medals like Canadians celebrate their gold, Swedes are losers.lol

The difference this year is there is 3 Canucks prospects who have been to Vancouver training camps.

They will get the gold. They were told to be leaders.

5 minutes ago, Tusk said:

The difference this year is there is 3 Canucks prospects who have been to Vancouver training camps.

They will get the gold. They were told to be leaders.

That's what are they trying to sell, Tom Wallander will be a strong skating medium-sized D in the mold of Brett Hedican, a guy who skates around real fast and that's about it, he will not be more than that. Remember this guy converted from RW because he can't score, so nobody should be looking for 100 points from this guy, it's never going to happen.

1 minute ago, sxqhfeh said:

That's what are they trying to sell, Tom Wallander will be a strong skating medium-sized D in the mold of Brett Hedican, a guy who skates around real fast and that's about it, he will not be more than that. Remember this guy converted from RW because he can't score, so nobody should be looking for 100 points from this guy, it's never going to happen.

So you havent been watching? like Villingar had only one goal but I think at least 3 of his rebounds got shot around into the net.

Letterkenny has a wicked shot. I dont know how many goals he got offhand but you can look it up.

dEP is big for a defenseman and is not usually out of place (except for the game yesterday) The two defense are more likely responsible for Swedes shutting out all the other games. 

Do yurself a favor and watch the rest of the finals from a canacker perspective

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Tusk said:

So you havent been watching? like Villingar had only one goal but I think at least 3 of his rebounds got shot around into the net.

Letterkenny has a wicked shot. I dont know how many goals he got offhand but you can look it up.

dEP is big for a defenseman and is not usually out of place (except for the game yesterday) The two defense are more likely responsible for Swedes shutting out all the other games. 

Do yurself a favor and watch the rest of the finals from a canacker perspective

I will, Thanks, HNY 

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Tusk said:

Myers is actually playing right again, being an offensive d-man instead of trying to block shots all day. He is getting fixed. He is starting to look like when he was in winterpeg.

With a defensive guy he can trust, Myers will open up the rush. I saw him a few games ago take it all the way deep because there were no forwards due to a line change. And check out his analytics please .

I am a 100% sure the canucks management see him differently than the fan base does. Maybe the Giraffe name will stand but now we got twin Giraffes, whether he is with Zads or Jewels.

I've been one of the few people defending him these past few years. I'm well aware of who he is, especially now properly partnered, on a team playing with structure. But he's not the player we need in the lineup moving forward.

8 minutes ago, aGENT said:

I've been one of the few people defending him these past few years. I'm well aware of who he is, especially now properly partnered, on a team playing with structure. But he's not the player we need in the lineup moving forward.

Oh, Jedi mind tricks now? This is not the droid you are looking for?

1 hour ago, aGENT said:

Yeah, Myers needs to go, even though he's been playing better lately in Tocchet's system, we can get an upgrade. 

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, sxqhfeh said:

Are you saying Willander is not going to be a 100 point defenseman? 

I don't think anyone is saying or projecting that Willander's going to be that guy. We don't need another guy like that - because we already have one in Hughes. Willander to me is being groomed to be Hughe's partner, but he's going to be defensive guy that will allow Quinn to roam and do what he does best. 

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

18 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

Are you saying Willander is not going to be a 100 point defenseman? 

I don't think anyone is saying or projecting that Willander's going to be that guy. We don't need another guy like that - because we already have one in Hughes. Willander to me is being groomed to be Hughe's partner, but he's going to be defensive guy that will allow Quinn to roam and do what he does best. 

not if youre watching him.... lol

He is another Quinn.

We need some more big stay home guys... wait, there is dEP. 

These guys are still 2 years out.

35 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

Yeah, Myers needs to go, even though he's been playing better lately in Tocchet's system, we can get an upgrade. 

geez man we have a chance to get an experienced d-man on the cheap on an extension. you wanna just let him go? no offer? Start watching how he plays, then compare to your fancy Hughes captain.

Myers might make some mistakes but I have seen more from Heronik and Huges and Cole lately. (supprised I am not saying Jewels)

8 hours ago, N4ZZY said:

Nor even necessarily "upgrade" (though yeah probably a bit), just a better fitting piece on the roster.

7 hours ago, Tusk said:

not if youre watching him.... lol

He is another Quinn.

We need some more big stay home guys... wait, there is dEP. 

These guys are still 2 years out.

I still don't think he's another Quinn. He might have some offensive game to his game, he's not going to be an offensive defenseman like Hughes is. 

7 hours ago, Tusk said:

geez man we have a chance to get an experienced d-man on the cheap on an extension. you wanna just let him go? no offer? Start watching how he plays, then compare to your fancy Hughes captain.

Myers might make some mistakes but I have seen more from Heronik and Huges and Cole lately. (supprised I am not saying Jewels)

I didin't say don't offer him anything. But he's likely not going to take much of a discount from what he's already making. If he does, maybe we sign him. but it's gotta be really cheap. 

15 hours ago, Tusk said:

Maybe we are just being "sleepers" in regular season so the top teams dont look over our tapes all day.

Maybe Toccs does lineups to make sure we lose to those teams so that OUR guys look at those teams tapes all day.

That’s actually some sweet 3d chess and hopefully what’s going on! keep scratching out points and get teams to focus on the “top” 2 lines (the Blueger and Suter lines). 

Then have the EP and JT lines explode come the playoffs.

• Cheers 1

26 minutes ago, Bure_Pavel said:

Pasta signed 11.25 x 8 and Nylander working on a 11.25 x 8 contract. Seems fair just sign on the dotted line already Petey. 

They just mentioned the same current ask from Nylander on the FAN Pregame on SN. Those numbers track for me as well. If someone wants to be a shit and say Petey hasn’t scored 60, someone say the cap is going up, if someone says Nylander is inflated, remind them we have Miller at a mint deal. 

Personally, I think we don’t talk past each other enough 😂

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

thats a crazy number for Willie. 

The downside of Leafs nation overhyping their stars. 

No way Willie is worth that in another market. 

• ThereItIs 1