[Report/Rumour] Elias Pettersson Contract Talks

Rubik

3 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Horvat was a 3C for us. Petey is our 1C. Zero chance we trade him. 

Horvat was a 1 or 2 center for us and Miller or Petey took turns playing the wing.

Put down those bottles, they are ruining you.

• Cheers 1

29 minutes ago, Gurn said:

For this year and next year-yes

for 2 years after that -maybe

for the rest of Miller's contract -probably not.

We wont have anything close to the same line up in 4 years so not worried about that far down the road 

5 minutes ago, EdgarM said:

We wont have anything close to the same line up in 4 years so not worried about that far down the road 

I expect to still be watching in 4 years, so I'm still concerned.

5 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

C'mon Alf, Horvat was at least a 2C while in Vancouver 

The problem was, we had 3 guys who thought they were the #1 center. Everyone thought Miller was the winger. I think maybe Petey might not be that guy(#1 c). 

Nobody wants to take the bull by the horns to be the undisputed #1 guy. 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Gurn said:

Horvat was a 1 or 2 center for us and Miller or Petey took turns playing the wing.

Put down those bottles, they are ruining you.

Horvat was expendable. He would now be our 3C behind Petey and Miller. Zero chance we trade Petey. He’s irreplaceable. Unlike Horvat who was an extra. 

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

Horvat was expendable. He would now be our 3C behind Petey and Miller. Zero chance we trade Petey. He’s irreplaceable. Unlike Horvat who was an extra. 

I wonder if we'd have had conflict between Tocc and Bo?

• ThereItIs 1

11 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

C'mon Alf, Horvat was at least a 2C while in Vancouver 

Now Bo would be our 3C. He’s clearly not as good as either Petey or Miller. He was expendable. Petey is near to impossible to replace. 

• ThereItIs 1

8 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

I wonder if we'd have had conflict between Tocc and Bo?

With the changes that Boeser made, i would be interested to see what changes Bo could have done.  Bo started out his career great,  i think he just got too comfortable with the culture that was here.

Just now, EdgarM said:

With the changes that Boeser made, i would be interested to see what changes Bo could have done.  Bo started out his career great,  i think he just got too comfortable with the culture that was here.

I think thats correct. It would have been interesting to see Bo play physically for a season tho. 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Now Bo would be our 3C. He’s clearly not as good as either Petey or Miller. He was expendable. Petey is near to impossible to replace. 

Defensively,  Bo was better,  I would be ok with Miller #1 and Bo #2.

• Cheers 1

28 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

William Nylander $11.5 million for 8 years. 

Still laughing at the people who thought Petey was going to get less than $10 million. 

That can't be... him and petey have a plan to play for the hawks!

• Haha 2

If W.Nylander gets 11.5 EP should not get more.

Anymore would be an overpayment since he so far has only got 100 points once.Make it two if he does this season which looks like he will.12 plus I would trade him and as said the picks can be traded and make the team better.

3 hours ago, cripplereh said:

Anymore would be an overpayment since he so far has only got 100 points once.Make it two if he does this season which looks like he will.12 plus I would trade him and as said the picks can be traded and make the team better.

Why? EP40 plays a far more important position on the team - a centreman. 

If Nylander, a winger, is getting 11.5M over 8 years, then EP40 is worth probably 12M over the same term. Petey's also younger than Nylander. I think Petey signs a deal long term, for 12M. Management can't afford to lose him - that would cripple any chance of a championship. With the cap supposedly rising over the next few years, it should be manageable. Good thing Allvin, Rutherford and the staff are paid good money to figure this stuff out. 

• Thanks 1
  • Vintage 1

8 hours ago, Coconuts said:

Wonder when the Nylander domino will fall, you know we're gonna pay for Toronto overpaying their core 4

Not with this management group. They know an overpayment when they see it. Our players will get fair offers according to their play.

• Like 1
  • ThereItIs 1

4 minutes ago, EdgarM said:

Not with this management group. They know an overpayment when they see it. Our players will get fair offers according to their play.

Yup. Dumperooed the Fat Wallet and got huge return when he wanted 68 million. Petey is snout winning, unlike the Fat Wallet, and will sign for 4 x 9.5. 

22 hours ago, cripplereh said:

Petterson is worth more than Nylander all day everyday. The question is whether Nylander is worth 11.5. Either way, I have a hard time seeing Petey coming in under 12 after this (if the reports on Nylander are correct). 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, EdgarM said:

I dunno, they've yet to re-sign a bona-fide star of Pettersson's caliber

In retrospect the Miller signing looks really good, but Miller supposedly took a bit less and likely opted for security over looking to bet on himself the way Pettersson has

Few probably expected Miller to fall off sooner than later, but I do think his contract does factor in a degree of decline in regards to overall cost

Management is savvy, but they can't control the prices other GM's set around the league more than any other management group, if Nylander hits a home run financially there absolutely could be implications for Pettersson's next deal

How they handle Pettersson now, Boeser sooner than later, and Demko and Hughes down the road will be interesting 

Edited by Coconuts
  • Upvote 1