[Report/Rumour] Elias Pettersson Contract Talks

Rubik

43 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

nah, Bo still isn't worth 8.5. 

Dunno, I think if Petey really wanted to be here long term it would have been done by now. I get the hesitation, its been a shit show under Benning. 

Interesting days ahead. 

lol Petey will sign here it’s either going to be a contract that aligns with Hughes or it will be max term at around 11.5-12 per. 

why stress, stay frosty and enjoy the team!

Go Canucks! 

• Cheers 1

35 minutes ago, NucksIn50 said:

lol Petey will sign here it’s either going to be a contract that aligns with Hughes or it will be max term at around 11.5-12 per. 

why stress, stay frosty and enjoy the team!

Go Canucks! 

I'm not stressed, we either ink Petey or Allvin goes out and finds a great deal. Alls good. 

• Cheers 2
  • ThereItIs 2

9 hours ago, NoCupSyndrome said:

Agreed but I assume EP wants more. I expect current expectation is plus $12M. Hopefully they can get a deal done in the high $11M range so Mgmt can begin locking in other key pieces. The longer EP takes the less time Mgmt has to implement their subsequent plans.

Anything over Nylander you have to trade EP .

So high 11 mill walk away and get the best return possible.

Me I see a C 60 point guy,2 high skilled prospects with a first.

I think EP will try and get the most but seeing QH and Miller take less might.

Time will tell.

1 hour ago, cripplereh said:

Anything over Nylander you have to trade EP .

So high 11 mill walk away and get the best return possible.

Me I see a C 60 point guy,2 high skilled prospects with a first.

I think EP will try and get the most but seeing QH and Miller take less might.

Time will tell.

Why would he take less because of QH? Both him and Hughes sat out last time they were negotiating and neither gave the Canucks a discount.

Just wait til it's time for Hughes to get his next deal, with the way the cap will rise over the next few seasons he could probably crack 13M if he keeps it up and wins some hardware.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Why would he take less because of QH? Both him and Hughes sat out last time they were negotiating and neither gave the Canucks a discount.

Just wait til it's time for Hughes to get his next deal, with the way the cap will rise over the next few seasons he could probably crack 13M if he keeps it up and wins some hardware.

hey man. Petey looks good with other players like JT and Brock. you give Petey his own line and he is not elevating them. Unless he can take ownership of his line, we let him go.....

I totally think he can do it though.

1 hour ago, Tusk said:

hey man. Petey looks good with other players like JT and Brock. you give Petey his own line and he is not elevating them. Unless he can take ownership of his line, we let him go.....

I mean, it depends on who he's playing with right. It makes sense that better players that are on his line, the better he plays. How do you know he's not taking ownership of his line? 

2 hours ago, Tusk said:

lol so he's suppose to take ppl with career high totals of 32 points and turn them into a 60-70 point player? gimme a break.. let's stick JT with career bottom 6 players for half a season and let see him elevate them to a top 6

Edited by wai_lai416

9 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

lol so he's suppose to take ppl with career high totals of 32 points and turn them into a 60-70 point player? gimme a break.. let's stick JT with career bottom 6 players for half a season and let see him elevate them to a top 6

Talent like EP come once every 20 years or so.He play hard and train hard,no scandals.Time for pay day,trade his ass out.After Trump nothing is same on this fucken flat earth😂

1 hour ago, Lemon Face said:

Talent like EP come once every 20 years or so.He play hard and train hard,no scandals.Time for pay day,trade his ass out.After Trump nothing is same on this fucken flat earth😂

Seriously?20 years!

So far there are like many of players in the last 20 years that that have broke 100 points but are not named Crosby or McDavid top tier players.

Talent like EP are 3 to 5 in most drafts.

He isn't no McDavid or close but 12 mill to 14 are money for those type of players.

41 minutes ago, cripplereh said:

Seriously?20 years!

So far there are like many of players in the last 20 years that that have broke 100 points but are not named Crosby or McDavid top tier players.

Talent like EP are 3 to 5 in most drafts.

He isn't no McDavid or close but 12 mill to 14 are money for those type of players.

So where are they????We can trade EP for second and third.We can easy recover his place with other easy to find talent He is not Mc Jesus.? BTW what he is done for Edmonton????How much he cost for what he provide on ice?Took Edmonton out of second round?Dont come at me with that crap,dont insult my intelligence.Every team in NHL want him at his price,why would we complain???To many good stuff this year?

Edited by Lemon Face

21 minutes ago, Lemon Face said:

So where are they????We can trade EP for second and third.We can easy recover his place with other easy to find talent He is not Mc Jesus.? BTW what he is done for Edmonton????How much he cost for what he provide on ice?Took Edmonton out of second round?Dont come at me with that crap,dont insult my intelligence.Every team in NHL want him at his price,why would we complain???To many good stuff this year?

LOL McDavid is the reason the Oil are in a playoff position again.

Every team wants a McDavid.

There are about 10 players in the league that your last post 20 years since there's been a player like EP.Hell we had the twins in that time and EP so far is not as good.Like said McDavid, Matthews, Crosby,Draisatle,Pasternak,

Ovi and the list goes on players that are better.

Before typing nonsense do the math .

7 hours ago, Tusk said:

How was it now… How much time has Petey with, in particulary, Hughes compared to Miller/Boeser? 
Last game Hughes plus five and Petey four points.

• ThereItIs 1

2 hours ago, cripplereh said:

There are about 10 players in the league that your last post 20 years since there's been a player like EP.Hell we had the twins in that time and EP so far is not as good.Like said McDavid, Matthews, Crosby,Draisatle,Pasternak,

Break it down how those players are better now.

McDavid I have to agree though. 

2 hours ago, cripplereh said:

63FFE88C-F02B-4AE7-A6BC-6E18F4F063F1.gif.ee2779b99a4edba666441d48b286e778.gif

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, LillStrimma said:

How was it now… How much time has Petey with, in particulary, Hughes compared to Miller/Boeser? 
Last game Hughes plus five and Petey four points.

like i've said EP is one of the very few star player in the NHL i can think of that doesn't play with the top players on their team consistently 5v5.. he doesn't play with miller, he doesn't play with boeser he doesn't play with hughes, he doesn't play with hronek.. he was the teams top scorer last season yet he doesnt play with any of the top players on the team consistently.. not quite sure the logic or reasoning behind it. EP plays ok amount of hughes.. only problem is it's usually the tail end of a shift. very rarely EP comes on the ice as a line with Hughes..

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, wai_lai416 said:

like i've said EP is one of the very few star player in the NHL i can think of that doesn't play with the top players on their team consistently 5v5.. he doesn't play with miller, he doesn't play with boeser he doesn't play with hughes, he doesn't play with hronek.. he was the teams top scorer last season yet he doesnt play with any of the top players on the team consistently.. not quite sure the logic or reasoning behind it. EP plays ok amount of hughes.. only problem is it's usually the tail end of a shift. very rarely EP comes on the ice as a line with Hughes..

Yes, and this is what Petey and his agent knows.

I’ve said it for a few years now, give Petey the same oppurtunity as Miller got and Petey got 20 more points per season.

And I truly believe it’s a mild assertion because Petey thinks the game as he does.

10 hours ago, Tusk said:

Top talent looks better with other top talent, shocker. Kuzmenko's regressed and been scratched a number of times this season, Mikheyev is a defensively responsible middle six forward. 

Lot of other top forwards around the league have at least one high tier running mate, Pettersson hasn't had one this season and that's an issue for the Canucks.

Regression was always going to happen for Kuzmenko, his shooting percentage wasn't going go be sustainable forever the same way Boeser's shooting percentage this season likely isn't. 

Canucks need an upgrade in their top six and they likely know it.

Edited by Coconuts
  • Upvote 2

11.5-12 mill leaves about $20 mill to sign 8 players for next year

a 3rd pair of defensemen and Hronek

an entire 4th line

and a back up goalie.

2 bench warmers.

Is Petey  worth $3-3.5, or more, mil per year than Bo?

Edited by Gurn

11 minutes ago, Gurn said:

an entire 4th line

and a back up goalie.

2 bench warmers.

Juulson is still under contract for under 800k and has shown well, so that really helps. We should also see Podz in the lineup. So that leaves 18 for 6. Tight but doable. 

11 minutes ago, Gurn said:

Yes, but Bo is overpriced at 8.5. 

I would hope if Petey really wants to win here, he chooses a short deal for a bit less money. Tall order I know, but it does happen. 

• Cheers 1

30 minutes ago, Gurn said:

an entire 4th line

and a back up goalie.

2 bench warmers.

17 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

Juulson is still under contract for under 800k and has shown well, so that really helps. We should also see Podz in the lineup. So that leaves 18 for 6. Tight but doable. 

Yes, but Bo is overpriced at 8.5. 

I would hope if Petey really wants to win here, he chooses a short deal for a bit less money. Tall order I know, but it does happen. 

Cap being tight also drives home the importance of being able to bring in RFA's and players on ELC's. I'm not expecting Lekkerimaki to make the jump next season but he could be a boon when he does, the Canucks need Podz and Raty to show they can be NHL'ers sooner than later.

At least Hoglander looks to be progressing.

Edited by Coconuts
  • Upvote 1
  • ThereItIs 1

25 minutes ago, Gurn said:

an entire 4th line

and a back up goalie.

2 bench warmers.

They would dump garland that’s another 5 mill 

25 mill for 8 players 

7 million Hronek 

Lafferty 2

Joshua 2

myers 2.5 x 2 yrs 

cole 2.5x 2yr 

Blueget 2.5x 3 yrs 

goalie de smith will likely leave 

silovs .75

Tanev 3.75x 3 yrs 

= 23 million