[Report/Rumour] Elias Pettersson Contract Talks

Rubik

6 minutes ago, Alflives said:

What was Brock’s QO compared to his new contract? Petey will sign for a team friendly number. 

Brock didn't have any leverage at all that Petey has. Of course I want the best possible outcome for this team in terms of value, but from what I've read on this thread seems like people are gonna be upset no matter what he signs for, just my opinion

23 minutes ago, GrammaInTheTub said:

Everyone here trying to read between the lines of what Allvin is saying is super silly.

Allvin can’t say Petey wants to sign with us or anyone for that matter. He can’t speak for Petey beyond repeating what Petey has said previously about wanting to be on a winner.

This team is a winner and Petey is going to get re-signed. 

You don't think Allvin's had conversastions with Petey and his agent? I think Allvin has a good idea what Petey wants.

1 hour ago, HKSR said:

Yes, it's about supply vs demand.  If you think so highly of Petey, then there are 31 other GMs in the league that do as well.  Say what u will about Huberd'oh now, but when Tkachuk was traded, there was no extension in place and he was traded for a bona-fide top line forward in Huberdeau, a top pairing RHD, and a 1st round pick.  If Petey is available, there would be a bidding war.  I guarantee it.  The price to acquire Petey would be astronomical. 

lol.. tkachuk literally submitted a list of teams to calgary that he would be willing to sign with.. completely different situation.. trading to a team he's willing to sign with vs trading a player that may or may not want to be there..

24 minutes ago, EdgarM said:

You don't think Allvin's had conversastions with Petey and his agent? I think Allvin has a good idea what Petey wants.

Of course Allvin has had conversations with Petey and his agent. I never said otherwise.

Do you think Allvin would openly telegraph difficulties in negotiations to the world to lower his negotiation leverage? 

He doesn’t harm ongoing negotiations by stating what Petey has said previously. It’s a nothing statement while the important shit gets discussed behind closed doors.

It’s so simple that I could just shake some of you sometimes. 

image.gif.a70c8ec4b0a2edf972ab3b3945198aa6.gif

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, HKSR said:

Yes, it's about supply vs demand.  If you think so highly of Petey, then there are 31 other GMs in the league that do as well.  Say what u will about Huberd'oh now, but when Tkachuk was traded, there was no extension in place and he was traded for a bona-fide top line forward in Huberdeau, a top pairing RHD, and a 1st round pick.  If Petey is available, there would be a bidding war.  I guarantee it.  The price to acquire Petey would be astronomical. 

I agree that the Tkachuk trade is a similar value to what we would be looking for for Petey, but Tkachuk was a sign and trade. Tkachuk agreed to a number with Florida and was extended by Treliving before officially being traded. So he was worth a lot because he was locked up long-term. A similar deal for Petey would almost certainly have to be a sign and trade as well.

• Cheers 1

9 hours ago, wai_lai416 said:

lol EP is literally a 1 year all in move that a team don't even know what his cap hit will be next year.. the only way you are trading EP is after this season ends.. where he'll have no signed contract for next season so who knows what his number will be if it ends up going to aribitration.. EP is 100% a 1 year rental.. if Chicago offers him $13mil sure it'll be enticing coz he'll be playing with the best young player in the world in bedard.. and that combo alone will lure lots of ufa to the city. if arizona offers him $13mil? i'm sure he would gladly pass. why do you think ppl sign in other cities for less if everyone have a price? you really think teams will give you their best players +++ for 1 year of rfa rights to EP lol.. gimme a break

EP traded this year, isn't a rental.   In the off-season maybe.   Also sure if he was traded, it would end up being a similar scenario as MT's, he'd do to a team that they already agreed on terms, and Allvin would get what at the time anyways, looked like a good return.   Weager was the prize really,  then they signed Huberdough to a contract that's looking like their LE's plus plus.    Before that though, Huberdeau was a legit star player.    

As a Canucks fan, it's great, especially after watching JB's bunged up fumbles, sign in CAL (do not include Markstrom in that, despite some Vezina caliber seasons there,  the bubble at least gave the current core a taste, something they can draw from this season hopefully).  

Don't want to see this, rather see EP sign a medium or long term deal with us.   Looks like it's going to start with a 12 now.  

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

13 hours ago, bh90 said:

I don't see that in Quinn. He took a discount on his current contract when Petey didn't. His brother also signed a bargain contract too.

I think the Hughes' prioritize winning 

We shall see about Petey

QHs was paid handsomely at the time, and paid an extra million+ for potential.   It was a fair deal.   Look at Hedman.   And that was a UFA deal, or Alex P (two cup winners),  he was getting paid like them, for a nifty rookie year, a sophomore year that lacked a lot on the D side.   He's doing exactly what you hope you get from an RFA term deal.    There are loads of them all over the league right now.   Ottawa has a couple.   Dallas.  Buffalo.  NJ.  Others too.   QHs wasn't a UFA.    When he is, he will get paid.   It seems sometimes, that we need to be reminded, a second contract with full term, should be reserved for a select few.    And they don't always work out either.    One thing I do like, is that JB prioritized QHs.   Don't know if EP was offered or turned down a full-term deal either.     Also at the time anyways, was stoked that we had the opportunity, to have EP throughout his entire prime.    That's what will happen, if he signs a full-term deal with us.    And hope he does.  

As for EP, he was also paid handsomely for what he'd achieved up until then,  and a million more for "potential".     Again, not a UFA.   RFA deals, are when a teams supposed to have their shot.    At least unless you're a no-state tax team, often their UFA deals look really good, but that's when you often see teams winning cups.  

JT Millers last contract, is a way better example of a team friendly deal.   And there were two UFA years in there as well.   His current one too for sure.   On the open market ... well we all know he left money on the table for Horvat.    Horvat just felt he was worth more.   7.5 would have been fair.  

Look at what Doughty's and EKs contracts did to their respective teams hopes and dreams.   RFA = cups or almost a final.   UFA deals ... a rebuild for LA, and SJ's quest for a cup sustained for two years and then screwed.   Yes right now QHs is a prime example, of a guy playing like he deserves 14plus percent of the cap.    Those deals, are reserved, for the tippy top guys, who've done it year in year out, or for an extended period of time.    I'm sure he will get that with us or somewhere else (unless it's a no-state or low state tax team, then maybe 13% instead).   As for D's guys with hardware, and at or near the top in Norris voting for a long period of time.     That's exactly what QHs is doing now.   Big win for him (later) and the team (now). 

The only RFA guys, that get those deals, are generational talent that come in and prove they are that from the start.   As in Crosby, Ovi, McDavid.   Nathan McKinnon's RFA deal.   He was also paid for what he'd done until that point, and some for potential.   Of course he far exceeded that.    QHs has far exceeded his cap hit, starting this year.    Imagine how the fan base would have felt, if he signed an RFA deal, like Doughty's or EK's UFA ones?  

Edited by IBatch
  • Vintage 4

7 hours ago, wai_lai416 said:

lol.. tkachuk literally submitted a list of teams to calgary that he would be willing to sign with.. completely different situation.. trading to a team he's willing to sign with vs trading a player that may or may not want to be there..

You honestly think Petey will be traded for pennies on the dollar?  A top 5 or 10 centre in the entire NHL at only 25 years old? That's really your premise here?

2 hours ago, Hairy Kneel said:

This is where Petie shows he can't get the lofty 13-14M because he had a chance to carry one line but has now shown that he only prospers on the 649 line.

Love Petie but his contract can't handcuff us like a TO suck head "star". TO is out to lunch on its contract levels. Same with  Huber-dough.

3 hours ago, Tocchet.A.Hockey.God said:

..... how much is this fan base and management willing to mortgage for a playoff run this season?......

.....Our biggest weakness is our second line and honestly 1 piece I don't think is going to fix it. Kuz playing with EP40 couldn't kickstart Kuz so who is serious going to come in and fix that.

.....how much are we willing to mortgage the future....

..... Which also begs the question how much does the management want to mess with the make up of this team......

(Apologies Tocchet.A.Hockey.God. Hacked up your post from another thread!)

Man. This cap era sucks balls! Yea. We're witnessing some pretty impressive young stars and they're being payed big money. I mean, I know Petey and the other mentioned/not mentioned be elite players and seemingly valuable to their respective clubs. I get it. But at what cost to their clubs success?!?!?!?!?? 

As mentioned above, Petey between the Russians wasn't very affective as a 2nd line this season. I mean, Petey was doing his thing, but it seemed that carrying that line was too much of a chore for him. I applaud him for his efforts in trying to be the guy that drives that line, but it seemed that he wasn't at his top potential being there. 

The deployment of the Lotto line showed us, and the rest of the hockey world Petey's real talent when having line mates he doesn't have to carry. Hmmmmm........

12 hours ago, van_can_fan said:

Not looking good.....

Allvin: I have conversations (with his agent) but nothing obviously has changed.......

......We want to keep Petey...... 

......I'm trying to plan for our team this year and next year and I want him to be a big part of it.

Allvin: I do believe that he wants to be a part of a good team. He wants to be part of a winning team.....

https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/article/qa-with-canucks-gm-patrik-allvin-on-pettersson-kuzmenko-and-being-known-as-trader-pat/

But, but.....Aren't we a good team??!?!!??🥺 Aren't we a winning team??!?!?!?? 🥺

It's a given that we wanna keep Petey. Why wouldn't we. He's a Canuck original drafted by us. Players like him don't come around often for our Canucks and to have him in our Stanley Cup hungry quest for glory is a win, win for all!

12 hours ago, Devron said:

I honestly don’t care what he gets. It’s not like negotiating with a first liner, Petey is elite and we still haven’t seen his best. Petey and when Hughes is up can both get top dollar and I won’t blink 

12 hours ago, bh90 said:

I love Petey but, i'm now over this.

If he re-signs great. if he really doesn't to re-sign than we don't want him. I'm sure we can get a kings ransom in a trade for him and rather have players that want to be in vancouver than guys just chasing top dollar.

Whatever happens i have full confidence in PA and JR with this one.

Sign Reinhart in Free Agency and bring in 3-4 young, good, and cost controlled players for Petey (a la better package than PLD in WPG/LA)

17 hours ago, spook007 said:

You just don't trade Petey... His camp knows that and JR/PA knows that.... they are doing a little tit for tat, trying to make the contract as favourable for Canucks as longs as Petey's wishes are met.

I'm sure Petey wants to see, where this run takes us... He has just been through the Benning tenure, with all ups and downs. Sacking of Bruce, whom they all liked. OEL chucked out as well as L.E. both players, who seemed to be liked by Petey, so he want's to make sure, he is getting, what he wants.

Most likely a 3-4 year deal at good money, thus being able to choose himself, whether he likes the route, the club is taking....

The fact he can get an even bigger slice once they see what the cap will be in 3-4 years, + the team getting to the other side of the OEL cap hell, before signing a 7-8 year end of career contract somewhere. be it Vancouver or else where.

I think he likes it here, but they all know, it is a business.

Sedins at the height of their powers also didn't sign to the off season at the end of their c contract. And Petey didn't mind leaving it late last time around.

JR/PA know what we have in Petey. They ain't no dummies! It seems they're keeping things open and talking with his camp. There's a number his camp wants, and there's a number JR/PA wants. they just gotta keep talking and arrive at a decision when the time comes.

As spook007 mentions in the bolded above; all pertinent points in all of this. But?!?!?!?!?!?!??.............................

......Petey wants to see, where this run takes us.....?!?!?!!??!?!?

It's obvious..............IT'S TAKING US TO THE PLAYOFFS, MAN!!!!! Like..........

Other than the bubble playoff, which in my mind was an anomaly of the highest magnitude, this whole season was planned all along to make the playoffs. Everything change that's happened since the last part of last season, the coaching change, the OEL buyout, off season acquisitions, the trades, free agent signings, all were predicated to get in the playoffs.

Seriously, what more, other than a Stanley Cup Championship, does he want?!?!?!??!?? 

16 hours ago, Coconuts said:

Maybe, but Hughes hit 99 points last season during his 21-22 season. 45 points in 32 games thus far this season, so on pace to do it again if he'd stayed healthy. 

Factor in his 8M cap hit, so tentatively 4M less than Pettersson, and I don't know. If I were the Devil's GM I wouldn't do it, Jack's done more at a younger age and is locked in on a bargain of a deal considering how the cap will rise. 6 more seasons left on Jack's deal after this one, his contract allows them to fit in other pieces which is more valuable to the Devil's than the difference between Pettersson and Hughes imo. 

They also have a defensive savant in Hischier backing him up, Hischier is a Selke conversation player when healthy. 

If the cap didn't exist I'd take Pettersson every time, but the cap does exist

Hmmmm........ a faux pas on my part here. Guess I meant to quote Coconuts reply for something else in another thread. But there is something here that could pertain to this Petey thread........................

Looking at the names above, and you can add other elite players, McDavid, Crosby, Mathews, Marner, Nylander, Huberdeau, Tkachuk Bros.; 

Are any of these guys, Petey included, in the same league as Crosby??? 

I mean, 3 SC's, numerous awards through out his whole hockey career; of the above names, only Matthew Tkachuk has been in a SC playoff run. Everyone else.NADA!!!!!

The thing is, all these guys are making more than Crosby. I realize that Crosby's in his mid 30s and his contract was written up a few seasons ago. And Crosby's next payday probably won't be a blockbuster because of his age. But come on........Are these other guys even in the same echelon as Crosby?!?!!?? I think not!

A guy like Crosby can carry team on his back and lead them to the promised land. do you see any of these guys capable of this feat??!?!?? I think not. I will say this though.

As far as this "committee" concept goes with RT's coaching mindset, It's evident to me that the Lotto line can carry the Canucks on their backs to glory for sure. For that to come. to fruition, we need Petey!!! That's all there is to it.

Go Canucks Go!!!!!

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Sativika said:

Man. This cap era sucks balls! Yea. We're witnessing some pretty impressive young stars and they're being payed big money. I mean, I know Petey and the other mentioned/not mentioned be elite players and seemingly valuable to their respective clubs. I get it. But at what cost to their clubs success?!?!?!?!?? 

As mentioned above, Petey between the Russians wasn't very affective as a 2nd line this season. I mean, Petey was doing his thing, but it seemed that carrying that line was too much of a chore for him. I applaud him for his efforts in trying to be the guy that drives that line, but it seemed that he wasn't at his top potential being there. 

The deployment of the Lotto line showed us, and the rest of the hockey world Petey's real talent when having line mates he doesn't have to carry. Hmmmmm........

It's a given that we wanna keep Petey. Why wouldn't we. He's a Canuck original drafted by us. Players like him don't come around often for our Canucks and to have him in our Stanley Cup hungry quest for glory is a win, win for all!

JR/PA know what we have in Petey. They ain't no dummies! It seems they're keeping things open and talking with his camp. There's a number his camp wants, and there's a number JR/PA wants. they just gotta keep talking and arrive at a decision when the time comes.

As spook007 mentions in the bolded above; all pertinent points in all of this. But?!?!?!?!?!?!??.............................

It's obvious..............IT'S TAKING US TO THE PLAYOFFS, MAN!!!!! Like..........

Other than the bubble playoff, which in my mind was an anomaly of the highest magnitude, this whole season was planned all along to make the playoffs. Everything change that's happened since the last part of last season, the coaching change, the OEL buyout, off season acquisitions, the trades, free agent signings, all were predicated to get in the playoffs.

Seriously, what more, other than a Stanley Cup Championship, does he want?!?!?!??!?? 

Hmmmm........ a faux pas on my part here. Guess I meant to quote Coconuts reply for something else in another thread. But there is something here that could pertain to this Petey thread........................

Looking at the names above, and you can add other elite players, McDavid, Crosby, Mathews, Marner, Nylander, Huberdeau, Tkachuk Bros.; 

I mean, 3 SC's, numerous awards through out his whole hockey career; of the above names, only Matthew Tkachuk has been in a SC playoff run. Everyone else.NADA!!!!!

The thing is, all these guys are making more than Crosby. I realize that Crosby's in his mid 30s and his contract was written up a few seasons ago. And Crosby's next payday probably won't be a blockbuster because of his age. But come on........Are these other guys even in the same echelon as Crosby?!?!!?? I think not!

A guy like Crosby can carry team on his back and lead them to the promised land. do you see any of these guys capable of this feat??!?!?? I think not. I will say this though.

As far as this "committee" concept goes with RT's coaching mindset, It's evident to me that the Lotto line can carry the Canucks on their backs to glory for sure. For that to come. to fruition, we need Petey!!! That's all there is to it.

Go Canucks Go!!!!!

He wants to win... He has stated that numerous times...

They'll make the play offs yes, but the previous few years they were also HOPING for playoffs, though it never happened.

Lets just say he signs for 8 years, they get knocked out in the first round, and the club starts a mini rebuild, as half the team will be too expensive to re-sign, then he could potentially seriously regret his choice... HOW ABOUT THAT... LIKE....  

He's seen what happened to Horvat. 8 years a good soldier and Captain of the team, and when they finally may become a play offs team, he is shipped out...  

Maybe he and QH has already spoken about the future, and QH has stated he want to play in US once his contract is up??? In which case Petey may only want to sign for 3 years (very doubtful but nobody knows, what the reason is).

This is a contract negotiation, where he holds nearly all the Aces... He is in no hurry, and why should he be? Because you can't wait for him to sign a new contract?  If I was in his shoes, I'd definitely take my time as well...

And for all we know, a new contract may already have been agreed upon, but left to be signed later as a nice little present to all the Canucks fans.

We all know there is zero chance he is being trade before the play offs, unless its for Bedard or something will like that.

Fact is nobody outside the inner circle of Canucks management, Petey and his agent has a clue....

Edited by spook007
  • Like 1

lol panic wow. Petey will be a Canuck this year, next year and probably 2 years after that, to align himself with Hughes his buddy…. Money is not the problem peeps, nor is the winning now as we can all see including Petey himself , this team under Tochett will win a lot and probably have success in playoffs. This management team is Stanley Cup calibre, same with 3 coaches Toch,Gonch and Foote. Van is winning a cup with this regime period. 

I totally understand the dialogue but some of the panic/trading EP talk is silly, it ain’t happening this year or next.

Go Canucks! :towel:

I was concerned about Petey signing here after hearing the interview with PA. When asked about whether Petey wants to stay in Vancouver, PA says that we want him here and adds that Petey wants to be on a winning team. At no point has PA said that Petey indicated that he wants to stay here. I have also never heard Petey say that he wants to be in Vancouver long-term. PA can’t sign any of our UFAs until he knows how much goes to Petey and he has pretty well stated that by talking about a hierarchy of signings, with Petey being number 1.. After the season ends, Petey has to sign for more years than just his RFA status or we have to trade him. I don’t want to see that happen obviously, unless we got Bedard (which isn’t going to happen). 

It would be a massive shame to fumble Pettersson.  Don't blame Pettersson one bit for taking his time, especially given all that's gone on in the past few seasons, but just hope enough can be done to get him to commit to a long term.

With that said, there's tons of time.  No point in stressing now.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, spook007 said:

He wants to win... He has stated that numerous times...

They'll make the play offs yes, but the previous few years they were also HOPING for playoffs, though it never happened.

Lets just say he signs for 8 years, they get knocked out in the first round, and the club starts a mini rebuild, as half the team will be too expensive to re-sign, then he could potentially seriously regret his choice... HOW ABOUT THAT... LIKE....  

He's seen what happened to Horvat. 8 years a good soldier and Captain of the team, and when they finally may become a play offs team, he is shipped out...  

Maybe he and QH has already spoken about the future, and QH has stated he want to play in US once his contract is up??? In which case Petey may only want to sign for 3 years (very doubtful but nobody knows, what the reason is).

This is a contract negotiation, where he holds nearly all the Aces... He is in no hurry, and why should he be? Because you can't wait for him to sign a new contract?  If I was in his shoes, I'd definitely take my time as well...

And for all we know, a new contract may already have been agreed upon, but left to be signed later as a nice little present to all the Canucks fans.

We all know there is zero chance he is being trade before the play offs, unless its for Bedard or something will like that.

Fact is nobody outside the inner circle of Canucks management, Petey and his agent has a clue....

Growing pains. It's not his fault that he was drafted into an organization in a wishy washy state. NOW with all the new faces in the past couple of seasons. I mean. it took a few years for, Crosby, McKinnon, Stevie Y, to win a cup. It's a progressive scenario in most cases. Bedard and Chicago, McDavid and Oilers all having to go though it and even then; the big prize could elude them. There's no guarantee. But the process to get a chance is never easy.

JR/PA will exact whatever is needed when situations arise regarding needs for the team to stay in the hunt for Lord Stanley. There's no doubt in my mind that we've got a few good years ahead of us. A quest to win it all is definitely in the cards in my mind. Petey's gotta be there with us. That's it. Dude's gotta be part of the glory that will bestow us in the near future!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I'm not too worried. After the success of this season (assuming we don't crash and burn in the second half) I think Petey will resign. And if he chooses not to, I have faith that Allvin will be able to salvage the situation with an excellent return. Calgary has already given us a blueprint of what not to do when a star wants out. 

3 hours ago, Sativika said:

Go Canucks Go!!!!!

Crosby's a bit of an odd duck though and it'd be stupid for anyone to try and use his cap hit as a comparison. 

Why? Because he's fixated on the number 87, he doesn't care to make more at this point. Crosby's cap hit has been 8,700,00 since 08-09, across two separate deals. Next season will be his 17th season in a row making 8,700,000. Wanna guess what cap hit any extension likely comes in at? I'd bet on more 8,700,000. 

You've mentioned Matthew Tkachuk, I'd point out that Nylander's actually been pretty solid come playoff time too. McDavid has also historically stepped up, let's not pretend otherwise, he's put up 75 points in 49 playoff games. 

But I don't actually have a problem with top players getting paid, top players have always gotten paid, even before the cap was thing. For example, Joe Sakic made 7.2M back in 01-02 when that was more money than it is now. My take is it's not the job of players to sort out a team's cap space, that's why management get paid to figure that stuff out. I don't expect stars to take less, they usually don't. Rutherford and Allvin get paid handsomely to deal with the cap stuff, cap constraints aren't new and haven't been for a while, on some level it simply is what it is. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, steviewonder20 said:

I was concerned about Petey signing here after hearing the interview with PA. When asked about whether Petey wants to stay in Vancouver, PA says that we want him here and adds that Petey wants to be on a winning team. At no point has PA said that Petey indicated that he wants to stay here. I have also never heard Petey say that he wants to be in Vancouver long-term. PA can’t sign any of our UFAs until he knows how much goes to Petey and he has pretty well stated that by talking about a hierarchy of signings, with Petey being number 1.. After the season ends, Petey has to sign for more years than just his RFA status or we have to trade him. I don’t want to see that happen obviously, unless we got Bedard (which isn’t going to happen). 

This is what concerns me for his future because it’s the easiest thing in the world to say heading into negotiations and the fact that he has repeatedly dodged the question when asked gives me the sense that he really doesn’t want to play in Van 

Then I get mad 

the spiral starts again 

and I jump on here to find others who understand my pain 😊

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, HKSR said:

You honestly think Petey will be traded for pennies on the dollar?  A top 5 or 10 centre in the entire NHL at only 25 years old? That's really your premise here?

you really think you'll get a massive haul with star players under term + more for a player that have a very high chance of not re-signing with you? hey i'll give u a star player who'll only play with you for 1 year.. you are not allow to talk to him prior to the trade because we don't want you to know he probably won't re-sign with you. in return i'll take ur top picks your lesser star with 7 years remaining + more. you can trade EP again at the TDL to recoup what you traded if he refuse to re-sign no big deal you'll recoup most of it back minus your star player that's all

1 hour ago, Sativika said:

Growing pains. It's not his fault that he was drafted into an organization in a wishy washy state. NOW with all the new faces in the past couple of seasons. I mean. it took a few years for, Crosby, McKinnon, Stevie Y, to win a cup. It's a progressive scenario in most cases. Bedard and Chicago, McDavid and Oilers all having to go though it and even then; the big prize could elude them. There's no guarantee. But the process to get a chance is never easy.

JR/PA will exact whatever is needed when situations arise regarding needs for the team to stay in the hunt for Lord Stanley. There's no doubt in my mind that we've got a few good years ahead of us. A quest to win it all is definitely in the cards in my mind. Petey's gotta be there with us. That's it. Dude's gotta be part of the glory that will bestow us in the near future!

I don't disagree, and not sure if there is anything we disagree upon 🙂

Laughing as I'm not sure, why everything is highlighted, and then I like your final salvo 😂

Petey will not be traded... he knows it, Management knows it... Unless he specifically don't want to be here, he'll get re-signed....

7 hours ago, IBatch said:

EP traded this year, isn't a rental.   In the off-season maybe.   Also sure if he was traded, it would end up being a similar scenario as MT's, he'd do to a team that they already agreed on terms, and Allvin would get what at the time anyways, looked like a good return.   Weager was the prize really,  then they signed Huberdough to a contract that's looking like their LE's plus plus.    Before that though, Huberdeau was a legit star player.    

As a Canucks fan, it's great, especially after watching JB's bunged up fumbles, sign in CAL (do not include Markstrom in that, despite some Vezina caliber seasons there,  the bubble at least gave the current core a taste, something they can draw from this season hopefully).  

Don't want to see this, rather see EP sign a medium or long term deal with us.   Looks like it's going to start with a 12 now.  

yes and no. he'll 100% not be traded this tdl i think that's a given. whether it's a scenario like MT? it really depends.. how many teams out there have a star player in their prime 28-29 year old without a NTC that's set to expire? in order for that to happen the team will have to elect for arbitration to prevent EP from signing the qualifying offer or offer sheets from others. can i situation like that happen?? sure will a situation like that materialize?? very unlikely. what if EP decides to just wait till UFA before he decides on what he wants to do if he doesn't get the contract he wants in vancouver? and really there's not many team if there's any in the situation florida was in to be able to capitalize.

5 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

you really think you'll get a massive haul with star players under term + more for a player that have a very high chance of not re-signing with you? hey i'll give u a star player who'll only play with you for 1 year.. you are not allow to talk to him prior to the trade because we don't want you to know he probably won't re-sign with you. in return i'll take ur top picks your lesser star with 7 years remaining + more. you can trade EP again at the TDL to recoup what you traded if he refuse to re-sign no big deal you'll recoup most of it back minus your star player that's all

So you really think if Elias Pettersson, the 3rd highest scoring centre this year @ 25 years old coming off a 102 point season with nearly 40 goals is gonna go for pennies on the dollar?  You don't think there would be several GMs and teams around the league wanting him badly to centre their top line resulting in a bidding war?  How often does a player like this become available that is moments from hitting their prime?  I think you are severely mistaken in regards to Petey's value my friend.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

15 hours ago, GrammaInTheTub said:

Everyone here trying to read between the lines of what Allvin is saying is super silly.

Allvin can’t say Petey wants to sign with us or anyone for that matter. He can’t speak for Petey beyond repeating what Petey has said previously about wanting to be on a winner.

This team is a winner and Petey is going to get re-signed. 

14 hours ago, GrammaInTheTub said:

Of course Allvin has had conversations with Petey and his agent. I never said otherwise.

Do you think Allvin would openly telegraph difficulties in negotiations to the world to lower his negotiation leverage? 

He doesn’t harm ongoing negotiations by stating what Petey has said previously. It’s a nothing statement while the important shit gets discussed behind closed doors.

It’s so simple that I could just shake some of you sometimes. 

image.gif.a70c8ec4b0a2edf972ab3b3945198aa6.gif

I'm just gonna quote you and save these for a later date kay? :classic_biggrin:

I am going t keep it with the ones that said Bo was getting resigned and Miller was gone. 

Edited by EdgarM

17 minutes ago, HKSR said:

So you really think if Elias Pettersson, the 3rd highest scoring centre this year @ 25 years old coming off a 102 point season with nearly 40 goals is gonna go for pennies on the dollar?  You don't think there would be several GMs and teams around the league wanting him badly to centre their top line resulting in a bidding war?  How often does a player like this become available that is moments from hitting their prime?  I think you are severely mistaken in regards to Petey's value my friend.

sure there will be a bidding war the bidding war of the price of a rental not the price of a player under term and contract... what you are saying other teams will offer is almost equivalent to JT Miller + mid 1st + prospect + more. sry if you can only guarantee EP there for 1 year and nothing beyond.. are you going to make that trade? if EP is committed to re-signing? ya that's a different story

3 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

sure there will be a bidding war the bidding war of the price of a rental not the price of a player under term and contract... what you are saying other teams will offer is almost equivalent to JT Miller + mid 1st + prospect + more. sry if you can only guarantee EP there for 1 year and nothing beyond.. are you going to make that trade? if EP is committed to re-signing? ya that's a different story

Erik Karlsson was a pending UFA when he was traded to SJ as what you call... a rental or a player that may or may not re-sign.  Do you know what kinda haul he got? 

A middle 6 forward in Tierney

A top tier A+ prospect in Norris

A top 4 RHD in Demelo

A depth player in Balcers

A 1st round draft pick

A 2nd round draft pick

Petey is probably worth as much as Karlsson, if not more due to his age.

• ThereItIs 1