[Report/Rumour] Elias Pettersson Contract Talks

Rubik

5 minutes ago, Dannyboy88 said:

To NJD: Elias Pettersson, Andrei Kuzmenko, 1st Rd Pick, 2nd Rd Pick

To Van: Jack Hughes, Luke Hughes, 1st Rd Pick

(Be nice to me, I never make trade suggestions😂)

Add Miller, Boeser and a 1st round pick more plus some cannonfodder the Devils want to throw away so the cap is the same.

They won’t give a 1st round pick either, maybe a 7th.

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, LillStrimma said:

Add Miller, Boeser and a 1st round pick more plus some cannonfodder the Devils want to throw away so the cap is the same.

They won’t give a 1st round pick either, maybe a 7th.

This is why I don't usually comment, lol. You're right though. I'm just jealous of the ridiculous contract value that Jack Hughes carries and desperately want him.

• ThereItIs 1

4 minutes ago, Dannyboy88 said:

This is why I don't usually comment, lol. You're right though. I'm just jealous of the ridiculous contract value that Jack Hughes carries and desperately want him.

Jack is really good but Petey is better. And Luke is a dough head. 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Dannyboy88 said:

It’s not about Luke.

It’s the huge marketing profit from all three brothers playing together. 

6 hours ago, EdgarM said:

I actually think this group is being to nicey, nicey with him, i would tell him lets hash this out or we are going to move on from you. Give him an ultimatum that he needs to give an answer by time the playoffs start or they look to move him out and no playoffs for him. Two can play that game me thinks. 

Yes the Lotto line is playing well but Miller and Boeser were playing pretty good before he joined them. Hughes and Miller are our heart and soul guys and they will lead us into the playoffs with or without him.

Ritherford is a legend and I don't get the idea that he messes around.  I'm sure peteys agent will get exactly that message here soon.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, IBatch said:

Naslund also did this.    Then he picked NYR as his Swan Song.   EPs not at all the first guy to do this.   Jovo.   When QHs gets to free agency year, don't  be shocked to see him also do this.   I'm sure there are others on our team as well.   Just going by cap era. 

This is my point.  Usually when it gets to this point after being offered any contract you want it means he wants out.

6 hours ago, IBatch said:

Naslund also did this.    Then he picked NYR as his Swan Song.   EPs not at all the first guy to do this.   Jovo.   When QHs gets to free agency year, don't  be shocked to see him also do this.   I'm sure there are others on our team as well.   Just going by cap era. 

I'm 90% sure that when Quinn is UFA he will be heading to jersey to play with his brothers.

2 hours ago, aGENT said:

Bunch of panicky Pollyannas trading out Petey....🙄 

Until the offseason when he extends, but then he'll be earning too much which means we should trade him

:hurhur:

2 hours ago, Dannyboy88 said:

We have more great value contract too.

JT is tied for 4th in league scoring with the likes of 10-12M players.

Dem is a top 5 goalie in the NHL and also getting paid at a good value

Let’s not forget QH, the best defender in the NHL, also on a sweetheart deal.

Our team wins more so than Jersey for value contracts. 

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

After the news today about EP attitude on his contract sadly there now has to be serious considerations to be made to trade him.

Why gamble on losing him if he is on an expiring contract this year?

Edited by RookieFan

4 minutes ago, RookieFan said:

After the news today about EP attitude on his contract sadly there now has to be serious considerations to be made to trade him.

Petey has said all along he'll negotiate in the off-season and management has echod this, we are in 1st in the league  currently, chill, relax and enjoy it! 😉 

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

13 minutes ago, RookieFan said:

How lose him? 
He’s an RFA.

• ThereItIs 1

17 minutes ago, RookieFan said:

As mentioned… he’s got another year. 

Dude has also been pretty consistent about not wanting to sign during the season. He’s earned the right to do that. 

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, N7_Gyoza said:

Petey has said all along he'll negotiate in the off-season and management has echod this, we are in 1st in the league  currently, chill, relax and enjoy it! 😉 

Where has he said this?  Source?  He's said he'll wait till after the season to make his decision.  No where have I read or seen him say ill negotiate after the season.  

37 minutes ago, RookieFan said:

You really are a rookie

he will be an RFA this summer meaning that he cant just walk

he is under club control and unless someone offersheets him for 13 million and in turn gives us 4 first round picks hes staying a canuck

5 minutes ago, ronning4center said:

Where has he said this?  Source?  He's said he'll wait till after the season to make his decision.  No where have I read or seen him say ill negotiate after the season.  

Is your issue with the phrases “making a decision” versus “negotiating” after the season? What’s the distinction in your view?

• Cheers 2

1 hour ago, GrammaInTheTub said:

Is your issue with the phrases “making a decision” versus “negotiating” after the season? What’s the distinction in your view?

same thing to me. lol. 

2 hours ago, Dizzle said:

As mentioned… he’s got another year. 

Dude has also been pretty consistent about not wanting to sign during the season. He’s earned the right to do that. 

Crazy that he wants to wait. He is taking a risk that could cost him upwards of 100 million dollars. God forbid it happens but if he had a freak accident whether it be a bad concussion, cut with a skate, blowing out his knee, stick in the eye etc he would have no guarantees for income. All this for what? Maybe an extra half a million per season that will be taxed to death?

The kids got balls of steel I will give him that.

I think there's no harm in putting this to rest, parking it and dealing with it in the off-season. If anything, it takes the distraction away. Let him play, let's go on a playoff push and decide once the dust has settled. He was scoring at 2PPG to start the year, then went dead quiet, now the Lotto line is back he's back on pace for over 100pts. No point signing him now when we don't know how good or bad he'll end the year. If he has a monstrous playoffs, he deserves a big payoff. If he disappears in the playoffs, that has to be taken into consideration at least a little bit. Let's get all the information and pay him fairly depending on how he performs, whether that be higher or lower than expected. I think it's a smart move to say that the negotiations have stopped and we'll sort it out in the off-season.

Haven't heard any buzz at all about a Hronek extension and likely the same plan will go through. Busy off-season yet again for Allvin who's going to have to sign two stars to massive extensions and then deal with the rotation of Myers/Cole out and someone else in perhaps.

I know it seems a bit silly too but these are contract years for Petey, Hronek and Myers and go figure they're all playing out of their socks this year. Always seems to happen, as much as players may not say so, they all play a bit better in their contract year so let's keep that buzz going.

10 hours ago, Grandmaster said:

We have more great value contract too.

JT is tied for 4th in league scoring with the likes of 10-12M players.

Dem is a top 5 goalie in the NHL and also getting paid at a good value

Let’s not forget QH, the best defender in the NHL, also on a sweetheart deal.

Our team wins more so than Jersey for value contracts. 

I agree, our core players are signed at good contracts for at least the next few years. I feel very comfortable with this. We should a least get 3-4 playoff runs before worrying about the key players.

Having JR around for this time gives me even more confidence in our team in this timeframe.

• Cheers 1

13 hours ago, LillStrimma said:

It’s not about Luke.

It’s the huge marketing profit from all three brothers playing together. 

Who gives a shut aboit the marketing profit other than Aquaman. Marketing doesn't win games.

7 hours ago, Coryberg said:

Crazy that he wants to wait. He is taking a risk that could cost him upwards of 100 million dollars. God forbid it happens but if he had a freak accident whether it be a bad concussion, cut with a skate, blowing out his knee, stick in the eye etc he would have no guarantees for income. All this for what? Maybe an extra half a million per season that will be taxed to death?

The kids got balls of steel I will give him that.

This is the thing, he has the chance to set him and his family up for life, why wait? If he wants to win, there is a pretty good chance of him doing that here,this owner always spends to the cap and seems quite motivated on building a winning team. 

So why the wait then? 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, JayDangles said:

Who gives a shut aboit the marketing profit other than Aquaman. Marketing doesn't win games.

Yeah I'd say winning games generates way more revenue.