[Report/Rumour] Elias Pettersson Contract Talks

Rubik

2 minutes ago, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

Frank trying to appear relevant, writing a lot of stuff while saying absolutely nothing new.  :classic_rolleyes:

Seravalli has broken plenty of major stories for the league. He obviously has legitimate connections and can break big news topics when warranted.

He’s just reporting facts here. Not all articles have to be speculation - sometimes journalism is just reporting the facts as they are. Is it trite, sure. But it’s honest and straightforward. I respect that more than the clickbait journalism. 

1 minute ago, GrammaInTheTub said:

Seravalli has broken plenty of major stories for the league. He obviously has legitimate connections and can break big news topics when warranted.

He’s just reporting facts here. Not all articles have to be speculation - sometimes journalism is just reporting the facts as they are. Is it trite, sure. But it’s honest and straightforward. I respect that more than the clickbait journalism. 

Whatever you say Frank.  I want my 2 minutes back, that was a useless and completely wasteful article.

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

Whatever you say Frank.  I want my 2 minutes back, that was a useless and completely wasteful article.

Might I interest you in similarly useless and completely wasteful reading material? 

https://forum.canucks.com/topic/409259-it-might-not-be-the-most-ethical-approach-to-building-a-sustainable-competitive-window-but-the-vancouver-canucks-should-consider-cloning-elias-pettersson/

• Haha 3
  • Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

You are aware I'm banned from there, ja?  :hurhur:

(PS, that was better-written than that tripe from Frank)

• Haha 1

Petey needs to be on board with Miller's and Hughes's contracts, if not , he can go bye bye like his buddy Bo. No player is above the team. If thats the case, I am sure Toronto has room for him. 😆

Some players have the integrity to balance out their contract with winning, some don't. I am hoping this team fills out with more Hughes's and Miller's thank you vey much.

1 hour ago, EdgarM said:

Petey needs to be on board with Miller's and Hughes's contracts, if not , he can go bye bye like his buddy Bo. No player is above the team. If thats the case, I am sure Toronto has room for him. 😆

Some players have the integrity to balance out their contract with winning, some don't. I am hoping this team fills out with more Hughes's and Miller's thank you vey much.

Ok I guess time to trade Hughes and ep then. Hughes gambled coming off a horrible season defensively he lost. If he continue his play he’s gonna be in the top 10 contract wise. So I guess according to you we should get rid of him. The team prolly gambled on EP being closer to a 90-100 point guy rather than more of a 110 guy. They lost the gamble so therefore according to you we should get rid of him too unless he takes below market 

4 hours ago, EdgarM said:

Curious what you think hronek is going to ask for and get

32 minutes ago, stawns said:

Curious what you think hronek is going to ask for and get

He's stuck in 2011 Salaries.

3 hours ago, wai_lai416 said:

Ok I guess time to trade Hughes and ep then. Hughes gambled coming off a horrible season defensively he lost. If he continue his play he’s gonna be in the top 10 contract wise. So I guess according to you we should get rid of him. The team prolly gambled on EP being closer to a 90-100 point guy rather than more of a 110 guy. They lost the gamble so therefore according to you we should get rid of him too unless he takes below market 

True.  If Quinn contract year was this season, he'd be in line for 11-12 as well.

• Tank 1

27 minutes ago, stawns said:

If he keeps producing the way he is, he might be pricing himself out of Van

Don't think so. Cap will start going up... for real this time. In the coming years 8×7 would he a sweetheart deal if he keeps producing the way he is with Huggy. He's still only 26.

I might be in the minority here, so try not to jump all over me.

BUT

I'm nervous about signing Petey to big money long term. The positives are that he is young, he is leading the team and league in scoring, and he is a great 2-way forward.

The negatives for me are that he isn't exactly a "game changer" type player. He doesn't throw the team on his back and take over a game. He is prone to the disappearing act. He seems to go through slumps where he appears to be struggling mentally. Like now. He isn't smiling at all when he scores. There's something going on there. He isn't showing quick movements and making those little ticky tacky plays like he used to.

Petey seems to be riding the high scoring because other guys like Boes, Hughes and Miller are having career years and are finishing the plays and Petey is picking up 2nd assists.

Again, I'm not saying Petey isn't an amazing player. But I just have a gut feeling, there's something missing and paying him 11+million long term concerns me.

Obviously i'm not advocating to trade him or let him walk... I just really hope management is taking a conservative and calculated approach to contract negotiations, and not just paying based on scoring stats.

22 minutes ago, JayDangles said:

I might be in the minority here, so try not to jump all over me.

BUT

I'm nervous about signing Petey to big money long term. The positives are that he is young, he is leading the team and league in scoring, and he is a great 2-way forward.

The negatives for me are that he isn't exactly a "game changer" type player. He doesn't throw the team on his back and take over a game. He is prone to the disappearing act. He seems to go through slumps where he appears to be struggling mentally. Like now. He isn't smiling at all when he scores. There's something going on there. He isn't showing quick movements and making those little ticky tacky plays like he used to.

Petey seems to be riding the high scoring because other guys like Boes, Hughes and Miller are having career years and are finishing the plays and Petey is picking up 2nd assists.

Again, I'm not saying Petey isn't an amazing player. But I just have a gut feeling, there's something missing and paying him 11+million long term concerns me.

Obviously i'm not advocating to trade him or let him walk... I just really hope management is taking a conservative and calculated approach to contract negotiations, and not just paying based on scoring stats.

Any player that puts up 100 points and plays a high level two way games is a game changer. 

Also, not smiling after goal does not indicate that a player is struggling mentally.

• Cheers 1