[Report/Rumour] Elias Pettersson Contract Talks

10 minutes ago, Grandmaster said:

I would consider once the Pens are officially out, Petey for Crosby straight up.

Pens got to realize Crosby is 37 next year and Canucks realize Crosby secures us a Cup this year.

If we move Pettersson it'll probably be in the offseason when more teams have roster/cap flexibility, which means more teams would be able to bid 

Crosby is a legend but if we're trading Pettersson we need to acquire pieces that'll help us manage a more sustainable window

Crosby doesn't guarantee us a cup imo, hockey happens, we just saw a juggernaut in Boston get punted in the first round last spring, I'd much rather acquire younger pieces who could contribute to multiple runs 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

5 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Are there any 105 point players in the NHL who don’t drive play?  Because then Petey would be the only one. 

shh his points are the result of his mikheyev kuzmenko laffety hoglander suter cole myers zadorov soucy driving the play and he just happened to touch the puck or got lucky with his shot. his 10 gwg is irrelevant coz the team would have won even if he didn't score

• Thanks 1
  • chaos 1

there's way too many people complaining about EP falling down.. EP is listed at 176 lbs.. but 6'2" he's tall and skinny and lightweight.. it doesn't matter how strong on the skate you are.. his center of gravity is higher than the average player in the NHL..  base on the law of physic momentum and gravity.. he's going to fall over 10x easier than the average player in the NHL when he's hit.. the only way to get around that is if he somehow puts on like 15-20lbs and bulk up.. unrealistic.. he's engaging in board battles and willing to go to the dirty areas.. getting knocked down is part of it nothing he can do.. do you rather him float around the middle of the ice avoiding hits just so he can satisfy the lots of you complaining he falls down a lot?

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

there's way too many people complaining about EP falling down.. EP is listed at 176 lbs.. but 6'2" he's tall and skinny and lightweight.. it doesn't matter how strong on the skate you are.. his center of gravity is higher than the average player in the NHL..  base on the law of physic momentum and gravity.. he's going to fall over 10x easier than the average player in the NHL when he's hit.. the only way to get around that is if he somehow puts on like 15-20lbs and bulk up.. unrealistic.. he's engaging in board battles and willing to go to the dirty areas.. getting knocked down is part of it nothing he can do.. do you rather him float around the middle of the ice avoiding hits just so he can satisfy the lots of you complaining he falls down a lot?

He's got to spend more time on the unicycle. Just look at that Hoglander booty. 

22 minutes ago, TopChed said:

He's got to spend more time on the unicycle. Just look at that Hoglander booty. 

again hoglander is short and bulky some people are tall and lean and not really capable of bulking up. the shorter you are the lower ur center of gravity is. bulking up and putting extra muscle at the cost of being less agile.. i rather him stay agile

it's very possible and likely Pettersson is a ectomorph.. it doesn't matter how much time he spend in the gym he ain't gonna get big and bulky.

1 minute ago, wai_lai416 said:

again hoglander is short and bulky some people are tall and lean and not really capable of bulking up. the shorter you are the lower ur center of gravity is. bulking up and putting extra muscle at the cost of being less agile.. i rather him stay agile

it's very possible and likely Pettersson is a ectomorph.. it doesn't matter how much time he spend in the gym he ain't gonna get big and bulky.

Dudedad What GIF

But if I'm being serious he's built like the Sedins were at his age before they bulked up to 190 and they were strong af on the wall. EP has Elias at 185 which I think is about right. You can tell his upper body is much more thik than it was a year or 2 ago. He's gotta work that booty though. You're right he probably can't and shouldn't add much more bulk to his torso, but taking leg days seriously probably wouldn't hurt. 

spider man booty GIF

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Are there any 105 point players in the NHL who don’t drive play?  Because then Petey would be the only one. 

If that is the most convincing argument for Pettersson being a play driver, then he's probably not a play driver.

10 hours ago, End2End said:

I’m not sure the move he tried last night, and the outcome, is considered “driving the play consistently”.

Indeed... otherwise the immortal Jack Skille's once-a-game mad rush to the net would have made him a play driver 🤣🤣🤣

1 hour ago, 43isprime said:

If that is the most convincing argument for Pettersson being a play driver, then he's probably not a play driver.

So how do you become the 5th leading scorer in the NHL without being a play driver?  Can you explain that?  Who is helping Petey get to 105 points?  Someone must be driving the play for him right?  Who is that player?

• Thanks 2
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, 43isprime said:

Indeed... otherwise the immortal Jack Skille's once-a-game mad rush to the net would have made him a play driver 🤣🤣🤣

It’s a bit funny that you tries this stick when another poster in the Talks-section recently had a thread describing how good both Hughes and Petey are at just play driving.

8 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

So how do you become the 5th leading scorer in the NHL without being a play driver?  Can you explain that?  Who is helping Petey get to 105 points?  Someone must be driving the play for him right?  Who is that player?

i told you! studnicka hoglander suter mikheyev kuzmenko cole myers soucy zadorov is doing all the play driving! EP just happens to be on the ice and got lucky he touched the puck on his way to the bench.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

i told you! studnicka hoglander suter mikheyev kuzmenko cole myers soucy zadorov is doing all the play driving! EP just happens to be on the ice and got lucky he touched the puck on his way to the bench.

Apparently one of these 13 players who lead the NHL in scoring is not a play driver. I’m just wondering how that is possible?  How is it possible to have more points than Auston Matthews and Leon Draisaitl and not be a play driver? 

IMG_0665.png

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

19 hours ago, Grandmaster said:

I would consider once the Pens are officially out, Petey for Crosby straight up.

Pens got to realize Crosby is 37 next year and Canucks realize Crosby secures us a Cup this year.

No single player guarantees any team a cup 

19 hours ago, Grandmaster said:

Would you consider smoking crack? Or are you already on the pipe?

you should read whats in bold and realize….

• Vintage 1

25 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Apparently one of these 13 players who lead the NHL in scoring is not a play driver. I’m just wondering how that is possible?  How is it possible to have more points than Auston Matthews and Leon Draisaitl and not be a play driver? 

IMG_0665.png

Luckiest guy in the world all the 3rd and 4th liner is carrying him to his massive payday. He’s like brock purdy.. guy isn’t really that good but the team and the system prop him up 

• Cheers 1

On 2/18/2024 at 2:29 PM, Grandmaster said:

This is crazy talk. You're going to trade a player entering into their prime, for an aging superstar that is near the end of his career? 

No thanks. 

No Way GIF by MOODMAN

On 2/19/2024 at 10:21 AM, AnthonyG said:

Would you consider smoking crack? Or are you already on the pipe?

you should read whats in bold and realize….

Yeah, no kidding eh. I get it, first slide on the year, and it's against pretty good competition. Doesn't look great on the team before making the playoffs if we meet any of those teams - the Colorado's, Vegas', Boston's, etc. We can't seem to compete with them, and just fall apart under the pressure. But I'd rather this team have its first three game slide now, than in the playoffs. If we're down 0-3 in a series, it's all but over at that point. 

12 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

This explains everything. Hughes is the team. lol. 

Garland's amazing even without Hughes. What the heck lol. 

I think it fits the eye test - that line clearly drives play more often and consistently (with or without Hughes) than the other three lines.

On 2/19/2024 at 8:37 PM, Elias Pettersson said:

Take a look above at how Pettersson does with and without Hughes - maybe that will answer your question.