[Mafia] Some Spice and Nothing Nice - Game over [Mafia win]

SV.

10 minutes ago, Master Radishes said:

My preference is someone among Zfetch/Alchemy/Lewitelli/Snake Doctor/J23. They were all mid-level active on D1 (to varying degrees) and all had some sort of awkward entrance or re-entrance and none have improved. Tanev('s slot) also sort of fits this although lower activity.

The crowd of Qwags/DM/Max Brown/Turtle is probably best left to the Vig for now.

Some people have floated other names and obviously we still need to cast wider nets a bit, but I feel with the first list above ^ there are tangible reasons that someone (or more than one someone) can or has pointed at and found scummy.

This is fair

This gamestate is easy for active scum to float in but oh well

@MaxBrown pinging here so I can ISO him

Just typing out thoughts on the rest of my PoE now.

Lewitelli is similar to what I said about Zfetch, like his popins are pretty bland and again fits the profile of someone who is usualy good-but-not-masterful at wolfing and who's not fully invested in this game, and so their level 1 wolfiness is showing.

Snake Doctor is weird and I don't know how to read him ever, really, but similar vibe. I think I remember feeling a pop-in or something was scummy, but I don't specifically remember what now. Regardless, he's definitely a consensus choice, and his fairly recent post appealing to fellow townies to help him felt un-town-like.

Alchemy had a scummy stretch on D1, and has now ghosted us. He hasn't really played in years except once recently (I think) and I could see him being rusty in an environment like this, especially with unfamiliar people. He fully fits a demotivated wolf right now. I'd push him harder but his lack of posting maybe puts him more in the 'Vig shot' category instead.

J23 I don't even personally believe in much, beyond generic thread presence; I've not really paid attention to his posts to be honest. My impression was they were solvy-ish but nothing that made me feel anything. But mostly lucky is convinced and I think lucky is town here and am willing to trust him on this one.

Just now, dallsbeep said:

This is fair

This gamestate is easy for active scum to float in but oh well

Oh there are definitely scum outside that pool. I just feel it's too early to aim wildly for the active wolves. Over time they should hopefully end up showing their agenda here or there, or getting wrapped up in a careless association from a partner, or something.

11 minutes ago, Master Radishes said:

My preference is someone among Zfetch/Alchemy/Lewitelli/Snake Doctor/J23. They were all mid-level active on D1 (to varying degrees) and all had some sort of awkward entrance or re-entrance and none have improved. Tanev('s slot) also sort of fits this although lower activity.

The crowd of Qwags/DM/Max Brown/Turtle is probably best left to the Vig for now.

Some people have floated other names and obviously we still need to cast wider nets a bit, but I feel with the first list above ^ there are tangible reasons that someone (or more than one someone) can or has pointed at and found scummy.

i think you cant ignore dabackpacks entry and how it felt J23 made such an town impact, and moved the entire vote with three or four votes... KZA didnt even have that impact... j23 retreats throws there pick on porscha, and again there is another massive moment in vote changes... 

And like, I think it was you who said 'forget associations, let's kill wolfy people' (it was only like a page ago but I'm not clicking back). And yeah, I agree. Also doing VCA or anything like that to find associations is useless for now. In a game this size there'll be lots of wolves, and I'd probably wager all the 3-4 top wagons of D1 had wolves on them, regardless of whether it was a town or mafia wagon.

Basically, let's kill people who did conventionally wolfy things for now, and if that doesn't work there's time to change tack.

• Cheers 1

Someone asked about DumbassTurtle earlier,

On 12/5/2023 at 3:52 AM, DumbassTurtle said:

idk who to vote for

On 12/5/2023 at 3:54 AM, iambrad said:

snake doctor or sharpshooter 

On 12/5/2023 at 3:57 AM, DumbassTurtle said:

vote: iambrad

This sequence in the last few minutes of EoD1 as all the final vote switches were happening was hilarious and probably towny imo.

He then ruined it by changing his vote to Sharpshooter, which is maybe >rand scummy actually.

But I say we let him live another Day just for this.

14 minutes ago, Master Radishes said:

Just typing out thoughts on the rest of my PoE now.

Lewitelli is similar to what I said about Zfetch, like his popins are pretty bland and again fits the profile of someone who is usualy good-but-not-masterful at wolfing and who's not fully invested in this game, and so their level 1 wolfiness is showing.

Snake Doctor is weird and I don't know how to read him ever, really, but similar vibe. I think I remember feeling a pop-in or something was scummy, but I don't specifically remember what now. Regardless, he's definitely a consensus choice, and his fairly recent post appealing to fellow townies to help him felt un-town-like.

Alchemy had a scummy stretch on D1, and has now ghosted us. He hasn't really played in years except once recently (I think) and I could see him being rusty in an environment like this, especially with unfamiliar people. He fully fits a demotivated wolf right now. I'd push him harder but his lack of posting maybe puts him more in the 'Vig shot' category instead.

J23 I don't even personally believe in much, beyond generic thread presence; I've not really paid attention to his posts to be honest. My impression was they were solvy-ish but nothing that made me feel anything. But mostly lucky is convinced and I think lucky is town here and am willing to trust him on this one.

The thing about SnakeDoctor is that he's having a lot of trouble engaging in any conversation whatsoever. All he's able to do is say that those scumreading him are scum. If he's town at this point, he should understand why people (townies) can put down a vote on him and feel good about it. What we got from his re-entrance was a frank denial that he's done anything wrong. He just says the wolves are running the show in some kind of level 1 deflection.

Just now, 112 said:

The thing about SnakeDoctor is that he's having a lot of trouble engaging in any conversation whatsoever. All he's able to do is say that those scumreading him are scum. If he's town at this point, he should understand why people (townies) can put down a vote on him and feel good about it. What we got from his re-entrance was a frank denial that he's done anything wrong. He just says the wolves are running the show in some kind of level 1 deflection.

I mean that sounds like Snake Doctor to me, yeah. 😛

I'm always happy to vote him out tbh.

Just now, 112 said:

like, there's a lack of self-insight that seems too brazen to come from a villager.

Well I'm definitely not advocating to save this guy, but I am going to tell you something that ice found with SnakeDr

He's an incredibly bad town player, Qwags level shit but posts more frequently. I've never once town read this guy, yet he's not always mafia. 

• Thanks 1

Spoiler

On 12/3/2023 at 2:18 PM, Alchemy Time said:

Nah if I'm right I'm always down to vote scum

UNVOTE Master Radishes

VOTE 6'5

Alchemy joining the 6foot 5 party right as BJ and 6foot 5 agree to a thunderdome... reading strong town vibes from BJ here

Bluejay is town 100% this is bluejays meta when he accused me in our game together, i was able to read his strong vibes then because I was the one being pressured and it made an impact on me to quickly think... I will die on the sword if im wrong.... he wouldnt thunderdome himself with another wolf especially if was 6foot 5 no offense