[Signing] Patrick Kane signs with Detroit Red Wings (1 x 2.75M)

1 hour ago, Jeremy Hronek said:

Unrelated to the topic but I wouldn't be surprised if the "Vancouver Penguins", with Alvin at the helm, signed a 40 year old Evgeni Malkin to a one year deal.  😛

There are rumours that we are in on Phil Kessel if we can find cap-space to fit him in. Would love to have Phil the Thrill on the Canucks even if we just have him for the memes.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Jeremy Hronek said:

Unrelated to the topic but I wouldn't be surprised if the "Vancouver Penguins", with Alvin at the helm, signed a 40 year old Evgeni Malkin to a one year deal.  😛

Shouldn't that be the "Vancouver Penguin-Eating Orcas"? 

• ThereItIs 2

1 hour ago, Sabrefan1 said:

By any chance, did you drink the water while you were there?  Hopefully you stayed away from Flint area in the first rung of the surrounding towns/cities. 

Drove through Flint in 2010 on my way to Flamborough, Ontario. Whole neighborhoods were abandoned and some of the houses had been burnt down or collapsed. Was like the zombie apocalypse had struck. 

2 hours ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Drove through Flint in 2010 on my way to Flamborough, Ontario. Whole neighborhoods were abandoned and some of the houses had been burnt down or collapsed. Was like the zombie apocalypse had struck. 

That's why Bruce Springsteen wrote and sung the song, "Born in the USA".  It's actually about his hometown of Flint Michigan being basically left for dead.  That song was written and performed 40 years ago.

Nevermind... lol

Edited by Sabrefan1
My memory is starting to fade or something. lol
  • Vintage 1

5 hours ago, Bob Long said:

He'll be lucky to play enough to make the playoffs on that resurfaced hip. I can imagine he will be very time managed.

But it doesn't cost Lord Stevie any assets so I guess why not try.

Those who've been watching him skate have said its the best he's looked in years....He also signed for one year so he's betting on himself, and playing with DeBrincat again is part of that. He knows he can play, is going to rack up points and is going to cash in as a UFA in the offseason.

Just now, billydakid said:

Those who've been watching him skate have said its the best he's looked in years....He also signed for one year so he's betting on himself, and playing with DeBrincat again is part of that. He knows he can play, is going to rack up points and is going to cash in as a UFA in the offseason.

Resurfaced hip says 'hi'. Check the history on those.

5 minutes ago, Satchmo said:

I'm not going to enter the battle you two seem to be having but... how does a look at past history bring up thoughts of Nostradamus?

He's using the past of other people to predict the future....I am wondering if he can share this week's lotto max numbers with me, I'd like to win!

1 hour ago, Sabrefan1 said:

That's why Bruce Springsteen wrote and sung the song, "Born in the USA".  It's actually about his hometown of Flint Michigan being basically left for dead.  That song was written and performed 40 years ago.

So Bruce isn't really from New Jersey?  🙂

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Satchmo said:

Crap.  That's right, he is.  He grew up in NJ also.  I don't turn 50 for a few more months but my memory is apparently crapping out on me... lol

Let me check and see what his connection to Flint MI is real quick. 

• Cheers 1

9 minutes ago, billydakid said:

He's using the past of other people to predict the future....I am wondering if he can share this week's lotto max numbers with me, I'd like to win!

Do you know of another way?   I'm going to discount tea leaves, palm readings, and Tarot cards and say all we've got to work with are statistics and probabilities.

1 minute ago, Satchmo said:

Do you know of another way?   I'm going to discount tea leaves, palm readings, and Tarot cards and say all we've got to work with are statistics and probabilities.

I didn't know someone ELSE'S body is a prediction of what your body can do...damn, I guess I can just look at a picture of a dude with a six pack and it will happen to me?

My goodness....media has literally stated Kane looks better than he has looked in years and because Ryan kesler had issues Kane will....

19 minutes ago, Satchmo said:

10 minutes ago, Sabrefan1 said:

Let me check and see what his connection to Flint MI is real quick. 

Welp.  It has d*ck all to do with Flint.  I just pulled up the lyrics and it's a song about a Vietnam soldier returning home from the war.

What friggin' song was I thinking about!!!  If I mixed up Eminem and The Boss, I may as well just end it all before I keep embarrassing myself... lol

Edited by Sabrefan1
Typed too fast and separated the name Vietnam
  • Cheers 1

Just now, billydakid said:

I didn't know someone ELSE'S body is a prediction of what your body can do...damn, I guess I can just look at a picture of a dude with a six pack and it will happen to me?

My goodness....media has literally stated Kane looks better than he has looked in years and because Ryan kesler had issues Kane will....

I guess we'll see.

2 hours ago, Sabrefan1 said:

Welp.  It has d*ck all to do with Flint.  I just pulled up the lyrics and it's a song about a Vietnam soldier returning home from the war.

What friggin' song was I thinking about!!!  If I mixed up Eminem and The Boss, I may as well just end it all before I keep embarrassing myself... lol

Maybe instead of Bruce Springsteen, song, and Born in the USA…you meant Michael Moore, movie, and Roger & Me?