[Waivers] Corey Perry and Will Butcher

Doesn't it feel like rot never left the organization?

Who knows what it is true or not.

If the rumor is true, then while "amusing" for fans, is something that would be terribly damaging to the families involved even more so than whatever damage could affect the team. If the rumor is not true, then they still need to respect the privacy of whomever is involved. I can understand if they want to what actually happened under wraps as much as possible, but merely denying the rumor at this point isn't helping, though they also can't easily disclose what the issue actually was.

• Cheers 2

6 minutes ago, RolexSub said:

With Bedard saying unprofessional Hawks dressing room and tie in Perry's waived out of the team....I am beginning to think it's true that he did something to Bedard's mom. 

Oh he called out the locker room for being unprofessional? When was that?

• Thanks 1
  • Vintage 1

I can't believe there are idiots here who are actually suggesting we pick him up after this.  We don't even know what happened, but imagine what it must've been for fucking CHICAGO to cut him loose for unprofessionalism.  Chicago.

But just to fuel the fire, here's his WAR card:

image.png.d12884031fee6fa99706e39f9d85b980.png

• Cheers 2

I find it quite funny, but in a awful, cringe-worthy way. How awkward, if true. CHI got rid of the problem right way, so they can move on with Bedard. Highly unlikely he gets traded anywhere. 

As for Perry, he's probably really embarrassed this got out, even if it turn out to just be a rumour. It takes two to tango, so what the f*** does Bedard's mom have to say for herself? I'd guess Perry is a lot more careful after this.

Perry is a great hockey player, a proven playoff performer year after year. A pain in the ass to play against. Just imagine how epic those games against CHI would be again. I'd love it if the Canucks signed both Perry and Kessel and went for it. 

2 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

His career is done. No one will sign a guy with a terminated contract due to unprofessional conduct at 38 years old and no one should.

Stunning to me that any fan has any remote interest in signing a guy after this. Sure, we don't know the details, but it's likely for good reason. Stay away and don't touch him with a 39 1/2 foot pole.

You know Boston will be knocking 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • ThereItIs 2

4 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

His career is done. No one will sign a guy with a terminated contract due to unprofessional conduct at 38 years old and no one should.

Stunning to me that any fan has any remote interest in signing a guy after this. Sure, we don't know the details, but it's likely for good reason. Stay away and don't touch him with a 39 1/2 foot pole.

I can see Edmonton taking a flyer.  They clearly don't care about character issues based on signing Kane.

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

7 minutes ago, Miss Korea said:

I can't believe there are idiots here who are actually suggesting we pick him up after this.  We don't even know what happened, but imagine what it must've been for fucking CHICAGO to cut him loose for unprofessionalism.  Chicago.

But just to fuel the fire, here's his WAR card:

image.png.d12884031fee6fa99706e39f9d85b980.png

I won't be surprised if nobody signs him, I'm mostly taking the piss 

That being said, I won't be surprised if someone picks him up 

Depends on what gets out I suppose, Chicago hasn't exactly done a good job dissuading the rumour or providing clarification  

• Cheers 1

Just now, Northern_Nuck said:

To all those saying to sign Perry….  Haven’t you heard about how Bedard wants to play in Van down the road? Do you think there’s ANY chance of that if the Canucks go out and do that? 

We don't even have cap space for Perry 

And it's extremely unlikely Bedard ever makes it to UFA, that's a pipe dream 

• Cheers 2

5 minutes ago, Northern_Nuck said:

To all those saying to sign Perry….  Haven’t you heard about how Bedard wants to play in Van down the road? Do you think there’s ANY chance of that if the Canucks go out and do that? 

that's the only player outside the canucks i keep an eye on.
my calendar will have a large circle on free agency day in 2 years and a half. 

If we can grab him before, that would be the ransom of a king, but if he says clearly that he wants to leave, that may slightly minimize the price

Edited by DexM94

44 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Wow wonder what happened.  How do teams just terminate contracts?  Why can't we do that? Lol

I was wondering the same thing... we could've just terminated OEL's contract and not had to pay him off to leave. 

2 minutes ago, Gurn said:

Also- if a team can void a contract, for unprofessional behaviour- why can't a player?

e.g. Bedard is informed of the last 'sexual assault' allegations against the former video coach; and realizes the team knew about that, and hid it.

So he voids his contract, due to the organizations 'unprofessional conduct" and declares himself a free agent.

because those lines of text are not in the contract that he signed.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Gurn said:

Also- if a team can void a contract, for unprofessional behaviour- why can't a player?

e.g. Bedard is informed of the last 'sexual assault' allegations against the former video coach; and realizes the team knew about that, and hid it.

So he voids his contract, due to the organizations 'unprofessional conduct" and declares himself a free agent.

and then signs with us? I LIKE IT !!!

1 minute ago, grumpyone said:

I was wondering the same thing... we could've just terminated OEL's contract and not had to pay him off to leave. 

Well completely different situation. Perry likely violated terms and conditions of his contract resulting in a termination. OEL just had a terrible contract...

• Cheers 1