[Waivers] Corey Perry and Will Butcher

27 minutes ago, BC_Hawk said:

What did the Blackhawks do wrong here? Sounds like it was textbook handled by them IF rumour is true. The only thing Beadrd may not be happy ever again with is his Mom or Corey...

Don't get me wrong, I hate the BHs, but this wasn't miss handled if the rumours are true.

If the rumors are true this wasnt mishandled, if they are not true this was astronomically mishandled. 

If not true and I was in Bedard's shoes I would like the Blackhawks to come forward and say that my mom wasn't banged around like a 1992 Ford Fiesta at a demolition derby. 

Edited by Bure_Pavel
  • Cheers 2

Like legally, can you really terminate a contract for sleeping with a teammates' mom?  Other than being a douche, can you really stop paying him?

Also, Bedard being the phenom that he is, I'm sure Perry wouldn't have been the first one to make a pass at her.  I found it hard to believe that if that was to happen, it wouldnt happen with Corey freaking Perry.  Guy is not Sexiest Man Alive material.

This is pure gossip IMO.  Whatever he did probably well deserved, but I don't think that's it.

Edited by timberz21
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, timberz21 said:

Like legally, can you really terminate a contract for sleeping with a teammates' mom?  Other than being a douche, can you really stop paying him?

Also, Bedard being the phenom that he is, I'm sure Perry wouldn't have been the first one to make a pass at her.  I found it hard to believe that if that was to happen, it would happen with Corey freaking Perry.  Guy is not Sexiest Man Alive material.

This is pure gossip IMO.  Whatever he did probably well deserved, but I don't think that's it.

Team sponsored event? Team

rules of conduct and behaviour would apply. I’m pretty confident players are barred from banging guests of the team , ie teammates mothers. 

1 minute ago, timberz21 said:

Also, Bedard being the phenom that he is, I'm sure Perry wouldn't have been the first one to make a pass at her.  I found it hard to believe that if that was to happen, it would happen with Corey freaking Perry.  Guy is not Sexiest Man Alive material.

Perry has a pretty spotless record off the ice, I just can't see him doing something so egregious.........but obviously he's done something.  What a trainwreck of a franchise they've become.

Come on PA, scoop him up

• Haha 1

Could CHI's loss be our gain with them now needing a decent forward who can get them to the cap floor? Queue Beau or Gars for Murphy who is a young(ish) RHD who can play the PK and put up decent numbers his first two years. He is like a younger Coler with more offensive updside. 

12 minutes ago, stawns said:

I really jope PA takes a stab at him, he's just what Van needs

He is, but probably not while shrouded in controversy the way he is. I agreed that I'd have taken him for Beauvillier, he does bring value to the ice, but it seems unlikely the Canucks would be looking to bring in a distraction. I think whatever has gone down will likely scare teams away from Perry, maybe not all of them, but probably at least some of them. 

If it's something simple like his using substances and him opting to go through the program for a bit that's one thing, I think whether teams inquire about him or not will depend on what's actually happened. 

If it's nothing egregious and Chicago is just being over the top that'd be something else entirely. 

Edited by Coconuts

1 minute ago, Coconuts said:

He is, but probably not while shrouded in controversy the way he is. I agreed that I'd have taken him for Beauvillier, he does bring value to the ice, but it seems unlikely the Canucks would be looking to bring in a distraction. I think whatever has gone down will likely scare teams away from Perry, maybe not all of them, but probably at least some of them. 

If it's something simple like his using substances and him opting to go through the program for a bit that's one thing, I think whether teams inquire about him or not will depend on what's actually happened. 

I agree there.  However, once it's all wrapped up, I'd be taking a shot at him.

Just now, stawns said:

If it's nothing egregious I'd be open to it, Perry at 1M wouldn't be so bad 

Really just depends on why Chicago's responded the way they have  

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

In this day and age substance abuse is practically heralded as worthy of pity and praise. People are rewarded for stepping forward and owning these flaws. 

Given the secrecy and the way media is backing away entirely suggests to me this is something completely unacceptable , no excuses , no sympathy. 

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, Barnstorm said:

In this day and age substance abuse is practically heralded as worthy of pity and praise. People are rewarded for stepping forward and owning these flaws. 

Given the secrecy and the way media is backing away entirely suggests to me this is something completely unacceptable , no excuses , no sympathy. 

I don't think they would have terminated his contract over a substance issue either.  You're right, organizations support players through that

5 minutes ago, stawns said:

I agree, he's still an effective player. I'm guessing any team interested would get to the bottom of what happened and would make their decision based on that. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 2

1 minute ago, stawns said:

he's a spotless record off the ice until now and, by all accounts, he is very well liked by teammates.  This is his first issue off ice I think

I have never heard of anything. As fans we really have no idea of what these players go thru. Especially true as a player winds up his career. I had a business associate who played a few NHL games and a lot of AHL games. This was in the '60's. The Rangers minor league team was in Pittsburg. The team deliberately sat him for the last 3 games of the season so he could not score his 20 and get a bonus. He was a wild man. He would chase anything with a skirt.  

Since everyone is speculating based on an unverified (and unverifiable) rumour, let me throw my speculation hat into the ring...

what if...

Perry actually propositioned someone in the locker room after practice while everyone was still getting undressed?  😱

:hurhur:

1 minute ago, Boudrias said:

I have never heard of anything. As fans we really have no idea of what these players go thru. Especially true as a player winds up his career. I had a business associate who played a few NHL games and a lot of AHL games. This was in the '60's. The Rangers minor league team was in Pittsburg. The team deliberately sat him for the last 3 games of the season so he could not score his 20 and get a bonus. He was a wild man. He would chase anything with a skirt.  

This. If people think this is the most diabolical thing to happen they are in the dark. It was kinky, people do kinky things. Mrs Bedard is separated and Perry cheated on his wife with a teammates mom. Neither activity is illegal and they are life choices, albeit somewhat douche. Perry as a player is a gamer and would be a good addition here and I can look past it. 

27 minutes ago, Odjickwillkillyou said:

Could CHI's loss be our gain with them now needing a decent forward who can get them to the cap floor? Queue Beau or Gars for Murphy who is a young(ish) RHD who can play the PK and put up decent numbers his first two years. He is like a younger Coler with more offensive updside. 

That's what I was thinking but you have said it perfectly.  Let's work those phone AP & your AGMs.

18 minutes ago, Rekker said:

I agree, he's still an effective player. I'm guessing any team interested would get to the bottom of what happened and would make their decision based on that. 

Of course, they would be bound to relay the reason(s) behind the contract determination.  If

it has nothing to do with Bedard's mother, some of these around here will be awfully

disappointed.

• Cheers 1

35 minutes ago, stawns said:

he's exactly what they need, imo.  Other than whatever is happening in Chi, he's had a good record off the ice and, by all accounts, teammates have loved him up to this point.

Would you really want him around Hughes or EP mom??

• Cheers 1