[Waivers] Corey Perry and Will Butcher

1 minute ago, Integra250 said:

Well completely different situation. Perry likely violated terms and conditions of his contract resulting in a termination. OEL just had a terrible contract...

but OEL's contract insinuated that he would be good for 6 years... he did not live up to that

• Cheers 1

18 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

His career is done. No one will sign a guy with a terminated contract due to unprofessional conduct at 38 years old and no one should.

Stunning to me that any fan has any remote interest in signing a guy after this. Sure, we don't know the details, but it's likely for good reason. Stay away and don't touch him with a 39 1/2 foot pole.

Because he's played well this season? If the rumours are true of why his contract is terminated, I can't see why any other team would have a personal issue signing him. I thought Kane signing after his contract termination was unthinkable but look at how that turned out. 

1 minute ago, Gurn said:

Will Butcher

https://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=132666

NHL Totals   275 16 98 114 34   5 1 3 4 0

28 yrs old cap hit of $775,000   shoots left.  5'10' 190lbs

It's a pass from me, he belongs to the Penguins organization but he's never played a game for them and therefore doesn't qualify as a former Penguin

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
  • ThereItIs 1

5 minutes ago, AK-19 said:

Because he's played well this season? If the rumours are true of why his contract is terminated, I can't see why any other team would have a personal issue signing him. I thought Kane signing after his contract termination was unthinkable but look at how that turned out. 

Kane was an immature kid and he's made considerable strides in turning his life around. He was still in his mid-20s. His decisions, while dumb, were largely based on his gambling addiction, which was a more personal issue in nature and likely didn't directly impact his teammates too heavily.

Perry is already 38 and should be grown up enough to know better. Additionally, at 38, he's got no potential to improve on a hockey front and is likely near the end of his career. If the rumours are true, his infraction goes beyond his own personal demons and he's directly impacting other teammates negatively, creating a likely toxic locker room environment by acting selfishly.

Any team with a remotely competent PR team will not sign him.

• Cheers 1

37 minutes ago, RolexSub said:

With Bedard saying unprofessional Hawks dressing room and tie in Perry's waived out of the team....I am beginning to think it's true that he did something to Bedard's mom. 

He probably did this.   Perfectly understandable and OK when he came into the league, but now considered a violation of biblical proportions. spank blink 182 GIF

6 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

Kane was an immature kid and he's made considerable strides in turning his life around. He was still in his mid-20s. His decisions, while dumb, were largely based on his gambling addiction, which was a more personal issue in nature and likely didn't directly impact his teammates too heavily.

Perry is already 38 and should be grown up enough to know better. Additionally, at 38, he's got no potential to improve on a hockey front and is likely near the end of his career. If the rumours are true, his infraction goes beyond his own personal demons and he's directly impacting other teammates negatively, creating a likely toxic locker room environment by acting selfishly.

Any team with a remotely competent PR team will not sign him.

Kane was up against some pretty sour rumours.  Rape.  Assault.   Perry is a fringe HHOFer himself, who so far, hasn't done anything we've heard about that's immoral or wrong.    Sure hope that this is a totally hypocritical move.   Not sure about now, but can say when I was 20, we for sure knew better and the difference between right and wrong.   It doesn't absolve Kane of any bad behaviour off the ice just because he turned out so well.   Also i don't like the rumour mill.   Maybe Perry was too tough on Bedard who knows. 

• Cheers 2

6 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

I’m sure him and Mrazek just went out on a coke binge and showed up to practice strung out.

I really doubt it’s more than something like that.

If it were something substance related wouldn't they just enter the NHL/NHLPA player assistance program? 

Even if they did show up strung out you've gotta think the PA would still be fighting for them

Seems like a bit of a wrinkle

Edited by Coconuts
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

I’m sure him and Mrazek just went out on a coke binge and showed up to practice strung out.

In other words, he came for the hookers and blow, and they were fresh out of hookers?  :hurhur:

• Haha 2
  • ThereItIs 1

Just now, Coconuts said:

If it were something substance related wouldn't they just enter the NHL/NHLPA player assistance program? 

Seems like a bit of a wrinkle

For one night out?

I think there has to be evidence of an ongoing problem I would think. 

6 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Maybe he said something  that hurt some people's feelings.   CHI has lost all respect as a franchise.   They should try transparency for once.   

1 minute ago, IBatch said:

Kane was up against some pretty sour rumours.  Rape.  Assault.   Perry is a fringe HHOFer himself, who so far, hasn't done anything we've heard about that's immoral or wrong.    Sure hope that this is a totally hypocritical move.   Not sure about now, but can say when I was 20, we for sure knew better and the difference between right and wrong.   It doesn't absolve Kane of any bad behaviour off the ice just because he turned out so well.   Also i don't like the rumour mill.   Maybe Perry was too tough on Bedard who knows. 

This is neither Rape nor Assault though; if so we would know like Lucic. If he did do as being rumoured, it is just in really bad taste. People cheat on one another all the time...it is not a crime. More comical given what they overpaid him to be on their team this year.

2 minutes ago, IBatch said:

Could definitely be a hazing situation.

• Cheers 2

47 minutes ago, RolexSub said:

With Bedard saying unprofessional Hawks dressing room and tie in Perry's waived out of the team....I am beginning to think it's true that he did something to Bedard's mom. 

Okay, you reading one fake article doesn't make it fact.  Bedard never said anything like that