[Waivers] Corey Perry and Will Butcher

Just now, DeNiro said:

For one night out?

I think there has to be evidence of an ongoing problem I would think. 

Not sure, but I'm just operating under the assumption that if the PA can reasonably fight for a player (even if they're in the wrong somehow) that they will do so 

Particularly when millions of dollars are at stake 

3 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Could definitely be a hazing situation.

Yes it could.   Probably the team gang-banged Bedards Mom, and he wasn't aware of it until the next day and now wants him off the team.   Sure that's what happened.    Not sure what happened - but until someone says something, the void will be filled with all sorts of rumours. 

Edited by IBatch

18 minutes ago, grumpyone said:

but OEL's contract insinuated that he would be good for 6 years... he did not live up to that

He is doing just fine in what would be year 3. He was elite defensively in his first season with us, last season he played through injury and none of our goalies could stop a beach ball. Demko was trash leading up to his injury, by the time he dame back it was too late

2 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Not sure, but I'm just operating under the assumption that if the PA can reasonably fight for a player (even if they're in the wrong somehow) that they will do so 

Particularly when millions of dollars are at stake 

I mean he could still fight it if that were the case.

Maybe he realizes it’s just time to call it quits.

5 minutes ago, IBatch said:

Kane was up against some pretty sour rumours.  Rape.  Assault.   Perry is a fringe HHOFer himself, who so far, hasn't done anything we've heard about that's immoral or wrong.    Sure hope that this is a totally hypocritical move.   Not sure about now, but can say when I was 20, we for sure knew better and the difference between right and wrong.   It doesn't absolve Kane of any bad behaviour off the ice just because he turned out so well.   Also i don't like the rumour mill.   Maybe Perry was too tough on Bedard who knows. 

Agree on the last part for sure. Not gonna completely rule another contract out for him until the truth comes out instead of hearsay.

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

I mean he could still fight it if that were the case.

Maybe he realizes it’s just time to call it quits.

He may not have a choice at this point 

But yeah, he could still fight it, as entertaining as it all is we haven't heard anything concrete and I'd be surprised if either party puts out concrete information at this point 

Could end in a settlement of sorts, Chicago paying him to go away 

How the league views him in terms of a potential contract will depend on what he actually did or didn't do imo

Edited by Coconuts
  • Cheers 1

42 minutes ago, Integra250 said:

Alvin better be working those phones on a Bedard trade.

Working Fred Willard GIF

What have we got to offer?

All our draft picks, many prospects, some big name players and we'd have to retain on them or take back cap somehow, etc.

There is no way they can lose Connor Bedard, is there?

Bedard is the only class act they have left right now; undisclosed Team Captain already.

Perry was one of Chicago's 4 Alternate Captains (Foligno, Jones, Murphy the others).

Have to say.....If the rumours are true....How could Bedard EVER be happy with the hawks now? Selfishly, I'm hoping this makes him really bitter to the organization (and given its shady history, and the fact he's a Canucks fan so somewhere inside he's not really a fan of that jersey....)

One more point for returning home as a UFA kid!

• Vintage 1

7 minutes ago, billydakid said:

Have to say.....If the rumours are true....How could Bedard EVER be happy with the hawks now? Selfishly, I'm hoping this makes him really bitter to the organization (and given its shady history, and the fact he's a Canucks fan so somewhere inside he's not really a fan of that jersey....)

One more point for returning home as a UFA kid!

What did the Blackhawks do wrong here? Sounds like it was textbook handled by them IF rumour is true. The only thing Beadrd may not be happy ever again with is his Mom or Corey...

Don't get me wrong, I hate the BHs, but this wasn't miss handled if the rumours are true.

Edited by BC_Hawk

As 'icky' as it might be to bang a team mate's mom- I don't see that being grounds for termination.

Can't see contract law covering who you 'sleep' with, unless there was some further info on just how this alleged relationship came into being. Coercion? Force?

Other than that, imo, sex is between 2 consenting adults- so nobodies business, but the 2 involved.

I'd say it is something else going on.- or went on.

• ThereItIs 1

22 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

He may not have a choice at this point 

But yeah, he could still fight it, as entertaining as it all is we haven't heard anything concrete and I'd be surprised if either party puts out concrete information at this point 

Could end in a settlement of sorts, Chicago paying him to go away 

How the league views him in terms of a potential contract will depend on what he actually did or didn't do imo

Are they going to wave Bedard mom??????

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Gurn said:

As 'icky' as it might be to bang a team mate's mom- I don't see that being grounds for termination.

Can't see contract law covering who you 'sleep' with, unless there was some further info on just how this alleged relationship came into being. Coercion? Force?

Other than that, imo, sex is between 2 consenting adults- so nobodies business, but the 2 involved.

I'd say it is something else going on.- or went on.

If anything happened during a team sponsored event they likely have written policy and codes of conduct that justify the action they have taken. 
In lightning speed I might add. 

• Cheers 1

19 minutes ago, billydakid said:

I remember when Will Butcher was the next big thing! He seriously dropped off,  probably can't play defense.

Even in college it was known that his bread and butter were offense, not so much on D....but, for a former Hobey Baker winner, with his career average of 34 points per 82gp in the NHL, that ain't too shabby though, certainly there will be some interest

Teams like the Coilers and Phlegms must be wetting themselves as we speak 😁

• Cheers 1

If the rumour is BS wouldn't the team, family and everyone involved be emphatically denying it? Sure the team has said its false somewhat lightly.... this is supposed to be their next franchise player if its BS wouldn't you be telling everyone to shut the **** they're a million % wrong

Jesus.....at this point they need to squash the speculation.

Come home 🙂

3 minutes ago, Barnstorm said:

650 am refusing to comment, address or anything beyond acknowledge he has been waived. Something nasty went down and everyone is running for shelter in fear of liability. 

No doubt every GM knows what happened.  Probably everyone in hockey knows hat happened.  Spittin' Chiclets is just waiting for the right leak.