[Waivers] Corey Perry and Will Butcher

3 minutes ago, stawns said:

why are you talking like it's something that happened?

Im speaking across from the stand point that the large majority is taking. 
if it did happen, why is it only on Corey Perry? Where is the onus on the “mother” how the hell does anyone know for sure that neither of these people are not in an open/polyamorous relationship. 

3 minutes ago, Rekker said:

Curious, does Perrys salary still count against the cap? Does he receive all the monies he signed for?

pretty sure it's off the books if the player, the team and the league agree to the termination of the contract

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, Miss Korea said:

I can't believe there are idiots here who are actually suggesting we pick him up after this.  We don't even know what happened, but imagine what it must've been for fucking CHICAGO to cut him loose for unprofessionalism.  Chicago.

But just to fuel the fire, here's his WAR card:

image.png.d12884031fee6fa99706e39f9d85b980.png

Completely agree… they need to hire Bedards mom instead!

17 minutes ago, qwijjibo said:

can we put a stop to this stupid rumor about he and Bedards mom? 

It’s coming out now… that apparently it was some woman in the Blackhawks organization…. Not Connor’s mom. 

I wish the vultures pushed the hockey Canada thing this hard. If they did the nhl might be forced to discipline Batherson, Hart and Dube

Without knowing what he allegedly did, I can't make an informed opinion on whether I'd want him added to the Canucks. But if it's enough for the f'ing Hawks of all clubs to want to turf him, chances are we don't want him. Shame, as he's exactly the player type we could use to replace Beau on the 4th line.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

13 minutes ago, AnthonyG said:

Rumour I just read says this may have been a possible sexual assault on a staff member. Or at least Chicago might make it that way

Do we really need anymore rumours here?   

My guess is that only a very few people on the planet really know what happened while the rest of us speculate and gossip like old ladies at tea.

My speculation is that the truth will come out. Likely fairly soon.  If it doesn't we'll have plenty of time to speculate.

• Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, Northern_Nuck said:

It’s coming out now… that apparently it was some woman in the Blackhawks organization…. Not Connor’s mom. 

I wish the vultures pushed the hockey Canada thing this hard. If they did the nhl might be forced to discipline Batherson, Hart and Dube

Now this, this is a great post, and so true. Cheers

• Thanks 1

I understand that the Hawks are probably limited in what they can share, but if they'd come out and said before what they said today the rumour mill could have probably been averted. Just come out and say it didn't involve other players or their families, that'd have at least worked towards nipping it in the bud. 

Hawks bungled their PR with their mixed messaging. They said one thing, Perry's agent said another. Of course the hockey socials are going to run with it if you refuse to actually say something. 

Edited by Coconuts
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

Just now, aGENT said:

Without knowing what he allegedly did, I can't make an informed opinion on whether I'd want him added to the Canucks. But if it's enough for the f'ing Hawks of all clubs to want to turf him, chances are we don't want him. Shame, as he's exactly the player type we could use to replace Beau on the 4th line.

It's definitely put of character for Perry, who hasn't had many hiccups off the ice in his career, but something obviously happened.  When all is said and done, depending on the allegations and the outcome of an investigation, I think he'd be a good on ice fit for Van

• Cheers 1

Just now, Coconuts said:

I understand that the Hawks are probably limited in what they can share, but if they'd come out and said before what they said today the rumour mill could have probably been averted. Just come out and say it didn't involve other players or their families, that'd have at least worked towards nipping it in the bud. 

Hawks bungled their PR with their mixed messaging. 

especially after years of cover ups