[Waivers] Corey Perry and Will Butcher

4 minutes ago, Northern_Nuck said:

It’s coming out now… that apparently it was some woman in the Blackhawks organization…. Not Connor’s mom. 

I wish the vultures pushed the hockey Canada thing this hard. If they did the nhl might be forced to discipline Batherson, Hart and Dube

I'm out of touch? You can't sleep with coworkers anymore? Even if consensual?

5 minutes ago, stawns said:

especially after years of cover ups

After the Beach thing they talked about needing transparency through out the organization so this didn't happen again. Then this happens and like 5-10 people actually know what happened, not even the players know. They left the door wide open for wild internet speculation and the internet always comes through. 

Edited by Bure_Pavel
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, stawns said:

and where did I say I'd do it if the allegations were true?

Well when you say you'd add him in a heartbeat while not knowing why he was terminated is basically the same. especially with a young inexperienced team like this. Enough drama at this point.

17 minutes ago, Satchmo said:

Do we really need anymore rumours here?   

My guess is that only a very few people on the planet really know what happened while the rest of us speculate and gossip like old ladies at tea.

My speculation is that the truth will come out. Likely fairly soon.  If it doesn't we'll have plenty of time to speculate.

spec·u·la·tion
/ˌspekyəˈlāSH(ə)n/

noun
  1. 1. 
    the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

ru·mor
    /ˈro͞omər/

noun
    plural noun: rumours
    1. a currently circulating story or report of uncertain or doubtful truth.

Potato potato

if you quit speculating, rumours dont form. Rumours form from speculation 
Edited by AnthonyG

4 minutes ago, Rekker said:

I get that. But if he did sleep with a coworker, he's not in a position of authority is he?

I would think a veteran player, playing in the top 6. You’d probably feel like he could get you terminated or the organization would be done with you if you upset him. 
 It’s just best to not shit where you work probably. 

• Cheers 1

15 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Yup, Hawks organization isn't taken at their word the way they may have once been. Keeping quiet did them no favours here though. 

I'm not inclined to give them the benefit of the doubt, but if they're lying and the NHLPA files a grievance, it's going to backfire spectacularly.  I'm reluctantly going under the assumption that statement was honest.

• Cheers 1

Why are members here making this out to be some kind of sexual misconduct?

Borrowing this post from the thread in the General Hockey Discussion subforum:

1 hour ago, DSVII said:

A whole lotta nothing.

As per the reddit thread, assuming the GM is telling the truth, then let's play the guess who bingo game:

1) No involvement of other players or players' families 2) A workplace thing, 3) An individual team matter, and 4) Blackhawks players don't know what happened, 5) Not criminal

If these 5 are the basis of facts to work with, it could easily be a simple situation of bullying and/or harassment (and not the sexual kind) of someone within the management team (edit: or coaching staff) by him.

Are people really that keen to tie this to some kind of sexual scandal when there are so many other possiblities?  :picard:

Edited by 6of1_halfdozenofother

44 minutes ago, Bure_Pavel said:

After the Beach thing they talked about needing transparency through out the organization so this didn't happen again. Then this happens and like 5-10 people actually know what happened, not even the players know. They left the door wide open for wild internet speculation and the internet always comes through. 

Yup, I agree 

35 minutes ago, Northern_Nuck said:

I would think a veteran player, playing in the top 6. You’d probably feel like he could get you terminated or the organization would be done with you if you upset him. 
 It’s just best to not shit where you work probably. 

I do agree. I think I'm done on the subject till I hear the truth. I feel dumb for buying into the Bedard Mom and Perry story full force without confirmation from proper sources. I should know better. Must be the dark side National Enquirer part of me. Lol.

41 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Million dollar hockey player vs 50k coworker? 

I don't know. I mean it, I don't know where all the lines are anymore. I can buy into both sides of most subjects nowadays. I feel I'm more confused than even Alf, lol. Love you Alf, never change. 

• Like 1

I think this rumours add up to the be like this: 

Mom tour with the team + Bedard complaining about how unprofessional the Hawks dressing room is + Perry waived out of the hockey team = Perry did something to piss Bedard off!!! Perry had to do something big to get kicked off from an NHL club. 

7 minutes ago, RolexSub said:

Mom tour with the team + Bedard complaining about how unprofessional the Hawks dressing room is + Perry waived out of the hockey team = Perry did something to piss Bedard off!!! Perry had to do something big to get kicked off from an NHL club. 

If Bedard was involved, other players are involved.  So it can't be Bedard.  

17 minutes ago, RolexSub said:

Yup. Perry (rumoured) poked Bedard’s mother. What Alf doesn’t get is why it’s all his fault? If the two did couple then isn’t she equally to blame, if not even more? He’s a guy. 

• Vintage 1

Tbh everyone said no to having Evander Kane on our team when he was going through everything, but he worked out very well for the Oilers and would have been a perfect fit on the Canucks if we took a flyer on him. I would 100% take chance on Perry, obviously assuming the allegations aren't crazy bad. If its the rumoured SA, then yes, I would steer away.

Edited by KingRaj91

3 hours ago, Odjickwillkillyou said:

Could CHI's loss be our gain with them now needing a decent forward who can get them to the cap floor? Queue Beau or Gars for Murphy who is a young(ish) RHD who can play the PK and put up decent numbers his first two years. He is like a younger Coler with more offensive updside. 

As far as I can tell Chicago (sans Perry) has a cap hit of $70m, cap floor is little over $60m, pretty sure we're not getting paid to offload salary.

13 minutes ago, KingRaj91 said:

Tbh everyone said no to having Evander Kane on our team when he was going through everything, but he worked out very well for the Oilers and would have been a perfect fit on the Canucks if we took a flyer on him. I would 100% take chance on Perry, obviously assuming the allegations aren't crazy bad. If its the rumoured SA, then yes, I would steer away.

The Oilers are completely unravelling and Kane is part of that. Getting in a fight to take time off cause he's unhappy with ice time is the opposite of working out very well. 

• ThereItIs 1

Just now, canuck73_3 said:

The Oilers are completely unravelling and Kane is part of that. Getting in a fight to take time off cause he's unhappy with ice time is the opposite of working out very well. 

The Oilers are unravelling because they have a terrible D-Core and not much outside 4-5 players. Kane's won them some games if anything, we'd be lying to ourselves if we thought he wouldn't be an integral part to our hockey team.

• Haha 1