[Waivers] Corey Perry and Will Butcher

25 minutes ago, KingRaj91 said:

Tbh everyone said no to having Evander Kane on our team when he was going through everything, but he worked out very well for the Oilers and would have been a perfect fit on the Canucks if we took a flyer on him. I would 100% take chance on Perry, obviously assuming the allegations aren't crazy bad. If its the rumoured SA, then yes, I would steer away.

I was all for Kane and he seems to have turned himself around........and Kane had years of off ice issues, Perry doesn't.  Again, it depends on what comes out of any kind of investigation.

35 minutes ago, stawns said:

This is a honest question.,.......is this board moderated, at all?

It's not. Which means there are some things said here that are wack. But I like it this way because it's real. I want to hear it all and then let myself decide what is appropriate or not. 

• Cheers 2

Maybe he was gambling but doesnt sound like the NHL was directly involved.  Who knows, but some information would help quell some of the rumors that affect even when they dont have anything to do with the situation.  I guess gotta wait to see if the NHLPA grieves this, if they choose not to thats pretty damning in of itself.

Edited by amplified0ne

Well, I have to say…

Several years ago I said on CDC Jake Virtanen reminded me a lot of Corey Perry…I got roasted back then for saying that…but fast forward to now, wow…maybe I was right lol. I just didn’t realize it was in the creeper sexual assault allegations category.

I sure hope these Perry rumours aren’t true. He’s been a fan favourite all over. Hard nosed chippy player. But if any of this is true it makes me sad because he’s got a lovely young family that he’s totally messed up now. I remember his wife and baby in the stands when he went all the way to the finals with Dallas a few years back. I’ve genuinely cheered him on while chasing the cup the last few seasons…but now I feel greasy for supporting him. Didn’t know he was such a dirt bag. 

And honestly it doesn’t seem like Chicago has learned it’s lesson at all…sure see a lot of “sweeping under the rug” going on here. Like many have said already their steering away from the subject and avoiding any real answer is just another form of silence like they did in the Beach situation. 

Maybe one day the truth will come out…but it sure as hell probably won’t be coming from the NHL or Chicago Blackhawks. Just smoke and mirrors.

At least the Canucks were fourth coming and honest with the Jake Virtanen situation, they didn’t hide from it, they got in front of it. This is the template Chicago should be following.

Edited by Attila Umbrus

40 minutes ago, Attila Umbrus said:

Well, I have to say…

Several years ago I said on CDC Jake Virtanen reminded me a lot of Corey Perry…I got roasted back then for saying that…but fast forward to now, wow…maybe I was right lol. I just didn’t realize it was in the creeper sexual assault allegations category.

At least the Canucks were fourth coming and honest with the Jake Virtanen situation, they didn’t hide from it, they got in front of it. This is the template Chicago should be following.

I don't recall this, but you should have been roasted if you compared Perry to Virtanen unless you were saying that they both have reputations of being douches.  Otherwise, Perry's career is a tad different than Virtanen's.  Well, more than a little let's say.

• Cheers 1

Bedard's introduction to the NHL:

1.   Drafted by.....the Chicago Blackhawks (groan)

2.  Play with......Corey Perry (groan)

3.  Mom (maybe) plays with.......Corey Perry (noooooooo, groan again)

Hopefully Bedard gets out of that crapshow one day and comes home.  True rumours or not, #3 is pretty tough for him and his family.

• ThereItIs 1

25 minutes ago, NHL97OneTimer said:

I don't recall this, but you should have been roasted if you compared Perry to Virtanen unless you were saying that they both have reputations of being douches.  Otherwise, Perry's career is a tad different than Virtanen's.  Well, more than a little let's say.

All I said back then is that his game reminded me of Perry’s, he could one day grow into that kind of player. That was in his second season. I was definitely way off on my player evaluation obviously lol.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Attila Umbrus said:

All I said back then is that his game reminded me of Perry’s, he could one day grow into that kind of player. That was in his second season. I was definitely way off on my player evaluation obviously lol.

had they done a betterjob developing him, he could have been an impact player

• Cheers 1

23 minutes ago, Attila Umbrus said:

I held out for a few years hoping he would mature and develop into the player that we needed.  Sad really.

4 hours ago, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

Why are members here making this out to be some kind of sexual misconduct?

Borrowing this post from the thread in the General Hockey Discussion subforum:

If these 5 are the basis of facts to work with, it could easily be a simple situation of bullying and/or harassment (and not the sexual kind) of someone within the management team (edit: or coaching staff) by him.

Are people really that keen to tie this to some kind of sexual scandal when there are so many other possiblities?  :picard:

Sexual harassment doesn’t generally rise to criminal harassment and is a civil rather than criminal matter. 

It has to be something serious enough to unilaterally negate a multi million guaranteed contract.

Physical bullying or threats of such are actually criminal.

Being a dick to staff isn’t enough to cancel a contract, many athletes are dicks.

The GM literally mentioned the requirement for a safe workplace.  

Something like sending unsolicited dick pics would make someone feel unsafe, but not rise to a criminal harassment complaint.

Edited by Provost
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Gurn said:

Also- if a team can void a contract, for unprofessional behaviour- why can't a player?

e.g. Bedard is informed of the last 'sexual assault' allegations against the former video coach; and realizes the team knew about that, and hid it.

So he voids his contract, due to the organizations 'unprofessional conduct" and declares himself a free agent.

Terminating a contract is technically mutual, but it's either asked for by the player so they can leave the NHL, or forced by the team because the player has violated the terms of their contract. Either way, it's not so a player can sign with another NHL team as they would just get picked up on waivers that they have to pass through first.

Even if Bedard forced Chicago to trade only to Vancouver and nowhere else, refusing to play, Chicago would still be able to get at least a good majority of his value back in a trade before even coming close to contact termination.

• Cheers 1

43 minutes ago, stawns said:

had they done a betterjob developing him, he could have been an impact player

I think so too. We rushed him. His tiny brain overloaded and went into a deep god like complex and started thinking he was something more than what he was.

Wish we never let Mccaan go. He’s turned into a heck of a player.

I know I know…hindsight lol

29 minutes ago, Alflives said:

If the rumours mate true Bedard’s mother is a Ho, s**t, tr*mp, cheating pice of t**sh. Her husband, the cuckhold, should divorce her immediately. In some countries what what happen to her? 

How do you feel about Martin Brodeur?

Have only read first page of thread but having a hard time believing the rumours about Bedard's mom.  Can't imagine she'd risk the consequences of something like that in terms of her relationship with her son. Maybe I'm just being a naive optimist on this one. If it does turn out to have nothing to do with her, I feel just terrible for what these rumours must feel like for Connor and family

• Vintage 1

43 minutes ago, Provost said:

Sexual harassment doesn’t generally rise to criminal harassment and is a civil rather than criminal matter. 

It has to be something serious enough to unilaterally negate a multi million guaranteed contract.

Physical bullying or threats of such are actually criminal.

Being a dick to staff isn’t enough to cancel a contract, many athletes are dicks.

The GM literally mentioned the requirement for a safe workplace.  

Something like sending unsolicited dick pics would make someone feel unsafe, but not rise to a criminal harassment complaint.

I think it could even be something like an inappropriate joke or comment he made to a staffer or media member. I imagine the Blackhawks tolerance level for stuff like that would be lower than most teams, and rightfully so.