[Trade] Canucks Trade Anthony Beauvillier to Blackhawks for 2024 5th round pick

Screw

12 minutes ago, RolexSub said:

Boy you guys are like last year rah rah rah for Kuz and now you guys are thinking of trading him. I wouldn't trade him because he adds another dimension the puzzle to this team's success and future success. This is his 2nd year only in the NHL and he will continue to get better. Better off trading someone else for a D but definitely not him IMO. We should try to convince Nikita Tryamkin to come back and play for us and we won't need to trade anyone. I rather have Tryamkin over Zadorov. 

I'd rather have Tram over Myers 

• Confused 2

1 hour ago, BC_Hawk said:

I disagree; the way he fully wants to play is to win one would think. Toc said last night that he wants Kuz to be super created and play his game below the hashes; all out offense. Where he wants him to improve is to not be haphazard with the puck out by the blue line or in the neutral zone. Those two schools of thought support one another; he's just got to rewire his mind to potentially forego offense in those zones to not create odd man rushes and breaks. It's not rocket science; any team other than the Oilers would demand the same thing.

Fair enough, i’d love Kuzy to work out. But if he can’t put it together best to sell high on him. Imo

I do think management and coaching staff will make the right call on this one. Whether they keep or trade him. I’m ok with whatever they think is best. If they feel they can still mould him then so be it.

37 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

no ones forgetting it. JR and PA made the calculation that even with the hit, we'd have a better roster. They are probably right. OEL just isn't worth that salary, even with his lil FLA bump.

I think they were factoring in Tocchet as the head coach.  OEL stunk like a soiled diaper under Tocchet in Arizona back when OEL played at a level to earn that huge contract (or in the same neighborhood).  

• Vintage 1

1 minute ago, Coconuts said:

The legend of Tryamkin continues, to the point where folks would rather have him over guys who are arguably top 4D, or guys who have played top 4D at the NHL level

No idea what he's done to deserve this aside from being big and a former Canucks draft pick

I'm still dreaming of Koltsov coming over.🥸

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

The legend of Tryamkin continues, to the point where folks would rather have him over guys who are arguably top 4D, or guys who have played top 4D at the NHL level

No idea what he's done to deserve this aside from being big and a former Canucks draft pick

True but if we have to give up a top 6 Forward for a Top 6 D I would much rather get someone from our system that doesn't cost us anything to give up on. Giving up on Kuz this early doesn't make any sense at all lol. Plus we are playing well and our D is pretty good the way it is. Once Soucy comes back we will be in decent shape. 

Edited by RolexSub
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, stawns said:

well, they've been trying for awhile with this same group and haven't really come close yet.  Their window is closing and they need to make some kind of change to see if they can get over that hump.  Is Kuz the right guy to do it?  Who knows

Their window is certainly not closing. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

21 minutes ago, Frozen Water Walker said:

There seems to be alot of Phil support here, I'm not sure that is a good idea, hasn't played all year and no one else is interested in him.

But hey he did once play in Pit.

GCG

Phil and Bear are not what this management group is looking for, no band aids here. Has anyone seen Phil play lately? I watched him last year in Vegas and he looked like an old beer league player who was out of shape and ten steps behind everyone else. I don't think he knows what forecheck and back check means at all. 

Bear is a good player but we have two very good, smallish, offensive defensemen who fill our top 4 positions, he is not going to be a solution there. 

We need the Soucy/Zadorov type players and Bear is no where near that.

Just like those who were adamant that Miller wasn't that guy and Bo was, just like those who thought Tocchet was a mistake or we paid too much for Hronek, will find these two guys are not something we will be pursuing. 

If Bear decides to play for league minimum, then I could see us picking him up for insurance and depth if anything was to happen to Hronek or Hughes only. Other then that, we are looking for something better for sure.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, RolexSub said:

True but if we have to give up a top 6 Forward for a Top 6 D I would much rather get someone from our system that doesn't cost us anything to give up on. Giving up on Kuz this early doesn't make any sense at all lol. Plus we are playing well and our D is pretty good the way it is. Once Soucy comes back we will be in decent shape. 

If our D was good as if there wouldn't have been news about us wanting to add on D for months

Our D is holding up and riding out injuries, but it could def be improved upon

I think it's important to emphasize that most folks proposing a Kuzmenko trade aren't necessarily giving up on him, in fact most of us view him as positive value, but you've gotta give good things to get good things in return via trade

Kuzmenko has positive value, which is why teams might be interested in giving up something good for him

8 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Guy played decent hockey.   That's about it.   It's like Conan the Brabarian,  and TT and even Sundin.   The love just won't go away.   Back-Up-Bob has just as much or a better case then all these guys combined given how bad things were then.   So let's go for Tryamkin forever united.   Don't see why Steve Staois doesn't get more love, or about 60 other guys over the years (then Tree).     Myers will end up with over 1100  games played and 400 points by the time he's done.   Yet here we are saying silly things like Tryamkin is somehow better after a partial season.   Goofy stuff. 

• ThereItIs 1

Figured I’d take a look around to see what sort of realistic D options there are for a trade, and man does it look grim.

Peeke - dude seems to be getting ripped for basically being a massive liability in the D zone.  Has barely played this year and has term….

Stanley - has played 3 of WPG’s regular season games.  Was hoping Foote might be able to mentor him but he’s probably no better than Juulsen….

And of course the Jets are playing well, so Dillon is probably a no go.  

If the Pens continue to falter, Marcus Pettersson could be a legit decent add

Edited by Tofu_Bud

50 minutes ago, stawns said:

I can't speak for anyone else, but if they're looking for a top 4 dman, then they're going to have to giove up something valuable and Kuz is one of the few who have real value on the market, so it kind of makes sense, no?

Yes it certainly does.   As far as the whom goes, have zero clue.   But Kuzmenko makes sense as far as the math goes.     Sure glad Allvin is our GM and not some of the folks on here who were ready to give him the Brockstar special, 7.5 x 7 last year. 

• Upvote 2

Kuz not going anywhere unless EP gels with another player to form a duo like Miller+Boeser.

Was listening to the radio and the broadcasters were saying that although Kuz had 39 goals last year, he would probably be just a 20+ goal scorer unless he gets back into PP1.

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, Coconuts said:

We could probably rent Walker out of Philly, or extend him. 2.6M cap hit also leaves space for another move.

Ristolainen could be a gamble. 

Columbus would probably be Peeke or Boquist imo. Maybe Bean.

Washington strikes me as a team trying to build their D, but maybe Edmundson could be available. 6'5", 225ish. 1.75M cap hit and a pending UFA. Probably wouldn't be cheap. But Washington does like their Russians and Kuz would probably waive to go there imo. Could be something around Kuzmenko for Edmundson+. 

Pesce or Skjei are the names that jump out from Carolina.

Out of these options Walker makes the most sense imo. Decent rental & he probably won't cost an arm+leg.

Ristolainen is basically Philly's Myers (we don't need another)

Peeke isn't a top 4D and carried risk with his contract

Boqvist isn't a fit given his playstyle (also not a T4D).

Bean & Edmundson are LH shots, we have guys like Edmundson & Bean isn't a bonafide top 4 either.

Pesce would be great though I share doubt Carolina would deal him, they've used guys as self-rentals before, then the other issue would be what the contract looks like. If it's reasonable I wouldn't hate Kuz for him.

3 hours ago, CanucksJay said:

Cap always plays a factor though.

Where were they in relation to the cap and how much was Bear making vs Chatfield?

If it's negligible, that's a bit of a concern. I mean we had Chatfield and didnt deem him to be an NHL player

Just checked.

Bear 2m vs Chatfield 700k / 125k 2 way salary

I guess the question is, was Bear 1.3m better?

or were the Canes tight against the cap 

It looks liek the latter?

Capthit for Chatfield that year on a 2 way worked out to be 187k

Canes were maxed and it was a cap relief move

The canes also retained 400k on bears salary in the move here. 

14 minutes ago, Tofu_Bud said:

Figured I’d take a look around to see what sort of realistic D options there are for a trade, and man does it look grim.

Peeke - dude seems to be getting ripped for basically being a massive liability in the D zone.  Has barely played this year and has term….

Stanley - has played 3 of WPG’s regular season games.  Was hoping Foote might be able to mentor him but he’s probably no better than Juulsen….

And of course the Jets are playing well, so Dillon is probably a no go.  

If the Pens continue to falter, Marcus Pettersson could be a legit decent add

QFT.  There really isn't many options when it comes to legit top 3 or 4 D.  When a legit top 4 RHD comes available, you gotta at least kick tires to see what the cost would be.  Hronek was a brilliant move.  You gotta spend assets to acquire guys in such a highly coveted position, especially if they're only in their mid 20s. 

Management should have been all over Marino.  That ship has sailed.

Calgary is not gonna part with Andersson any time soon.  That ship has sailed (if the ship even existed to begin with).

If a guy like Zub should become available, you go and get him even if it costs a 1st round pick.  Top 4 RHD are incredibly difficult to acquire.

VGK was smart and grabbed Pietrangelo when they got the chance. 

Pesce should definitely be on the radar, even if just an offseason acquisition.

• Cheers 1

20 hours ago, Jim McMahon said:

Puck empire is legit. Discuss 

A1F5BBD8-0845-4E0A-A3DB-56F2C23BDD0E.png

Haven't read anything yet today, but when they announced this last night, I said,

YAAAAAAYYYYY!!!

Then I heard we actually got something for him without retaining or anything, I said,

I can't believe it!  PA did it again! YAAAAYYY!  FNAY!!

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Out of these options Walker makes the most sense imo. Decent rental & he probably won't cost an arm+leg.

Ristolainen is basically Philly's Myers (we don't need another)

Peeke isn't a top 4D and carried risk with his contract

Boqvist isn't a fit given his playstyle (also not a T4D).

Bean & Edmundson are LH shots, we have guys like Edmundson & Bean isn't a bonafide top 4 either.

Pesce would be great though I share doubt Carolina would deal him, they've used guys as self-rentals before, then the other issue would be what the contract looks like. If it's reasonable I wouldn't hate Kuz for him.

Walker played for a pretty solid Kings defense as well, he'd probably be an acquisition that wouldn't break the bank 

It's hard to say, Carolina could use him as their own rental but they may opt to get a useful piece going forward for him 

Kuzmenko would be a low commitment acquisition because of his term, and while he hasn't lit the lamp a ton this season he did prove he's able to last season so you never know 

33 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

I think they were factoring in Tocchet as the head coach.  OEL stunk like a soiled diaper under Tocchet in Arizona back when OEL played at a level to earn that huge contract (or in the same neighborhood).  

Yep. He stunk here  and would continue to suck here. It was a choice of two bad options.