[Trade] Canucks Trade Anthony Beauvillier to Blackhawks for 2024 5th round pick

Screw

No to dealing Kuzmenko. Sophomore slump, people need to give him time to bounce back plus he’s a great add for EP. They are dynamic together when everything is working, but everyone hits a slump at some point into the season. 

we have other assets to move out for a top 4 Dman, if thats what were even on the hunt for at the moment. 

If so, wouldn’t surprise me if we are pursuing a name no one is mentioning or considering 

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

9 minutes ago, RWJC said:

No to dealing Kuzmenko. Sophomore slump, people need to give him time to bounce back plus he’s a great add for EP. They are dynamic together when everything is working, but everyone hits a slump at some point into the season. 

we have other assets to move out for a top 4 Dman, if thats what were even on the hunt for at the moment. 

If so, wouldn’t surprise me if we are pursuing a name no one is mentioning or considering 

If the "name no one is mentioning or considering" works out anything like the Hronek trade (don't think anyone saw that coming) I will be ecstatic.

• Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

OEL is down to 13-14 minutes a night since the big boys came back. He’s a 3rd pairing guy now and not on the PP anymore.  He hasn’t even registered a point in the last 5 games since the starters came back. 

If OEL is “the guy” he can play big minutes and put up points on the PP. However, he’s not going to be the guy on a contender. 

He would have been on our 3rd pairing making $7.2 million. That would have been batshit crazy. Rather have Soucy and Cole in the lineup at a lower cap hit. 

That's it

8 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

OEL is down to 13-14 minutes a night since the big boys came back. He’s a 3rd pairing guy now and not on the PP anymore.  He hasn’t even registered a point in the last 5 games since the starters came back. 

If OEL is “the guy” he can play big minutes and put up points on the PP. However, he’s not going to be the guy on a contender. 

He would have been on our 3rd pairing making $7.2 million. That would have been batshit crazy. Rather have Soucy and Cole in the lineup at a lower cap hit. 

Totally. He had a bit of a resurgence, but overall, he's a player past his prime who'll most likely revert back to what he was when he played here, which was nowhere near enough. 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, RolexSub said:

Boy you guys are like last year rah rah rah for Kuz and now you guys are thinking of trading him. I wouldn't trade him because he adds another dimension the puzzle to this team's success and future success. This is his 2nd year only in the NHL and he will continue to get better. Better off trading someone else for a D but definitely not him IMO. We should try to convince Nikita Tryamkin to come back and play for us and we won't need to trade anyone. I rather have Tryamkin over Zadorov. 

why does every trade proposal mean you don't like a player?  Players are assets and if you want a higher value asset from one team (a top 4 dman), you have to give a high value asset back (top 6 fwd).  It has little to do with the actual player..........if Kuz were a terrible player, no team would want him

• Cheers 2

29 minutes ago, RWJC said:

who else brings in a top 4 dman?  Boeser, sure.  Garland, nope.  Anyone else?

• ThereItIs 1

1 hour ago, HKSR said:

QFT.  There really isn't many options when it comes to legit top 3 or 4 D.  When a legit top 4 RHD comes available, you gotta at least kick tires to see what the cost would be.  Hronek was a brilliant move.  You gotta spend assets to acquire guys in such a highly coveted position, especially if they're only in their mid 20s. 

Management should have been all over Marino.  That ship has sailed.

Calgary is not gonna part with Andersson any time soon.  That ship has sailed (if the ship even existed to begin with).

If a guy like Zub should become available, you go and get him even if it costs a 1st round pick.  Top 4 RHD are incredibly difficult to acquire.

VGK was smart and grabbed Pietrangelo when they got the chance. 

Pesce should definitely be on the radar, even if just an offseason acquisition.

Any of those young guys would be great but like you say (and also what I was thinking) their availability is probably limited at best.  

Odds are though that the Canucks will be looking for solid stop gaps.  I hope Bear is working his tail off because he is probably the best solution for this year.  Doesnt cost them anything, knows the team etc etc

2 minutes ago, Tofu_Bud said:

Any of those young guys would be great but like you say (and also what I was thinking) their availability is probably limited at best.  

Odds are though that the Canucks will be looking for solid stop gaps.  I hope Bear is working his tail off because he is probably the best solution for this year.  Doesnt cost them anything, knows the team etc etc

Bear is absolutely not a top 4 dman.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Tofu_Bud said:

Ethan Bear is more often injured than Tanev it seems, he's got lots of catching up to do.

14 minutes ago, stawns said:

Bear is absolutely not a top 4 dman.  

“Absolutely” is pretty strong wording.  Played well enough last year but that’s when he was healthy.

Soucy will be coming back so like I said….stop gaps

3 minutes ago, Johngould21 said:

Ethan Bear is more often injured than Tanev it seems, he's got lots of catching up to do.

Sure, and it might be too optimistic to hope he can play at relatively the same level as last year as well coming off an injury.  Im just thinking of relatively affordable depth options.  Once Soucy comes back and depending on what they do w Myers it will be interesting.  

5 hours ago, CanucksJay said:

Cap always plays a factor though.

Where were they in relation to the cap and how much was Bear making vs Chatfield?

If it's negligible, that's a bit of a concern. I mean we had Chatfield and didnt deem him to be an NHL player

Just checked.

Bear 2m vs Chatfield 700k / 125k 2 way salary

I guess the question is, was Bear 1.3m better?

or were the Canes tight against the cap 

It looks liek the latter?

Capthit for Chatfield that year on a 2 way worked out to be 187k

Canes were maxed and it was a cap relief move

I understand but when they were both on the team healthy, Chatfield was being played in the lineup over Bear. There was no cap implications when they were both on the roster to begin with and Chatfield was played over him. 

Just now, Tofu_Bud said:

“Absolutely” is pretty strong wording.  Played well enough last year but that’s when he was healthy.

Soucy will be coming back so like I said….stop gaps

Sure, and it might be too optimistic to hope he can play at relatively the same level as last year as well coming off an injury.  Im just thinking of relatively affordable depth options.  Once Soucy comes back and depending on what they do w Myers it will be interesting.  

I disagree, he started out ok, but quickly fell off and that's been consistent with every team he's been on.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, IBatch said:

Isn't that exactly what he did last year?  Where does that make Friedman though. 

he did, but he's not filling any top 4 spot with any effectiveness imo, yet people seem to think he will.  Even if he signs, he'll be below Myers on the pecking order on the right side most likely

• Upvote 2

Just now, stawns said:

he did, but he's not filling any top 4 spot with any effectiveness imo, yet people seem to think he will.  Even if he signs, he'll be below Myers on the pecking order on the right side most likely

I see him as what you do as well 

6 minutes ago, stawns said:

Also don't see him getting a job for much more then league min ... so not a big risk mild reward.   

For me he's Stetcher 2.0   Not a bad guy to have around, but isn't going to move the needle much other then putting the 7/8th AHL fringe guys out. 

Edited by IBatch
  • Cheers 1

Towards the end Dhali says the Canucks first rounder isn't in play, they won't trade their first to acquire help on the back end.

So if the Canucks aren't prepared to give up high picks, and presumably top prospects, what are they supposed to be willing to give up? Seems to me that the obvious answer is roster players.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, stawns said:

I disagree, he started out ok, but quickly fell off and that's been consistent with every team he's been on.

When Bear is healthy and in good shape he is 100% a NHL player.  Where he slots in a D core is debatable but he has utility.  One of his best attributes is sealing off along the wall, especially defending on the rush.  And his retrievals were solid.  

But that’s when he was in tip top shape.  Im acknowledging the fact that’s a big ? when he does come back.  Im also considering the lack of options available to the Canucks.  A 1 year deal aint a bad idea given the current state of the Canucks D core.