[Trade] Canucks Trade Anthony Beauvillier to Blackhawks for 2024 5th round pick

Screw

7 minutes ago, spook007 said:

Doesn't matter what I say, its what Allvin said? 

But how else would you slice, what he said? Are you suggesting he lied to the fans?

I didn't say Beau had the 'value' of a first round pick. I said he IS a first round pick... Just like Juolevi and Virtanen were.... and Petey and Brock etc...

Raty has the value of a late fist round pick (or so management seems to think, and Hronek definitely have the value of a first round pick.

I can think of only two sensible ways to interpret "...we actually got three first rounders back here":

1. He truly believed he got the equivalent of three first round picks, and was wildly wrong in his evaluation of Beauvillier.

2. He was being dishonest.

The alternative, which is the round-about way of somehow saying Beauvillier was technically a first round pick (8 years ago no less) and Raty *should have* gone in the first round, would be too strange to believe.

Frankly, the best of these options is the second. All other alternatives would be incredibly worrisome.

Hronek wasn't part of the trade and doesn't figure into his quote, which was made right after the Horvat trade.

Just now, 43isprime said:

I can think of only two sensible ways to interpret "...we actually got three first rounders back here":

1. He truly believed he got the equivalent of three first round picks, and was wildly wrong in his evaluation of Beauvillier.

The alternative, which is the round-about way of somehow saying Beauvillier was technically a first round pick (8 years ago no less) and Raty *should have* gone in the first round, would be too strange to believe.

Frankly, the best of these options is the second. All other alternatives would be incredibly worrisome.

Hronek wasn't part of the trade and doesn't figure into his quote, which was made right after the Horvat trade.

True Hronek was not part of the trade, but the 1st used to get him was.

I still believe he meant, what I said he meant. They may have thought higher of Beau (anybody's guess), who knows, but the fact is, he was a 1st round pick.

It doesn't really matter much though, as we now have Hronek, Raty and a 5th + Cap space from the trade... That's a massive win. We can, if we can find a dance partner, upgrade our RHD with the cap space (maybe with a swap of a few players/picks) but we are in a position to strike. Even if its only for a rental (depends on their future plans),

but a deal will be far easier, if they don't have to swap players to become cap compliant.

• Cheers 1

15 minutes ago, spook007 said:

True Hronek was not part of the trade, but the 1st used to get him was.

I still believe he meant, what I said he meant. They may have thought higher of Beau (anybody's guess), who knows, but the fact is, he was a 1st round pick.

It doesn't really matter much though, as we now have Hronek, Raty and a 5th + Cap space from the trade... That's a massive win. We can, if we can find a dance partner, upgrade our RHD with the cap space (maybe with a swap of a few players/picks) but we are in a position to strike. Even if its only for a rental (depends on their future plans),

but a deal will be far easier, if they don't have to swap players to become cap compliant.

Haha yes, I have no doubt that the first we got from the Isles had the value equivalent to that of a first round pick!

I think it's a massive win that we got Beauvillier off our books without retention. My point, however, is that as big of a win as it is now, it was as big of a loss when we took him back in the Horvat trade.

So for anyone lauding Allvin for this trade, they should have also been criticizing the inclusion of Beauvillier in the Horvat trade.

• Vintage 1

54 minutes ago, Jester13 said:

Bear is not any better than how Juulsen has been playing.

Might be a bit of a reach. Yeah, Juulsen has had a rough go of it (mostly due to injuries early in his career) but Bear has been a consistent national league player for the past 4 seasons. Juulsen not so much.

Having said that, I'm not the biggest fan of Bears game either. But if it's a choice between the two, it's Bear every time.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

2 hours ago, canucks curse said:

We had to take some cap back in the Bo trade 

one thing that I find really funny about the bo trade discussion on this forum is that the vast majority forgot the main reason we traded bo and what we truly got back for moving him - cap flexibility 

look at what bo signed for in nYI - that. I tract won’t age well and I’m sure glad we squires cap flexibility 

pa and jr and team sure hit it right moving Bo and getting Hronek while keeping Miller and making Huggy Captain 

This is true.  By trading Horvat, we avoided paying a 60-point centre $8.5 million.  Instead, we signed a 100-point centre in Miller to an even better deal...

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 1

6 hours ago, 43isprime said:

it was just textbook pr damage control spin. he knew it was bullshit but it was believable and not quite a lie. kudos to allvin for doing his job well. 

10 hours ago, Bob Long said:

No one saw Beau as a core piece of anything here. That's some funny sports writing.

Right.

It’s from the belief that a marquee player gets you a pick, a prospect and a player.

Except in this case the marquee player was on an expiring contract, so the ‘player’ was a cap dump.

• ThereItIs 1

1 hour ago, DisgruntledNucksFan said:

If they made cap space to bring in bear over a proper top 6 forward to play with miller and boeser I’ll be disappointed 

I think it all depends on what becomes available.

The good thing is it seems like they’re good at getting ahead of players being available and are willing to act quickly.

Im sure if a good top 6 becomes available that they can afford then they’ll jump on it. That’s probably at the deadline after a trade for D which I would imagine they wanna make well before that.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

9 hours ago, 43isprime said:

I think its the alternative to be honest. 

The 1st round pick is obviously a 1st.

Beau was a 1st round pick so that's a truthful statement.

Raty could have gone in the 1st based on some evaluations.

Allvin said three 1sts because he is trying to dress it up a bit, but it definitely wasn't a stretch.

That trade was a home run considering Horvat was an expiring UFA.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 2

9 hours ago, 43isprime said:

So for anyone lauding Allvin for this trade, they should have also been criticizing the inclusion of Beauvillier in the Horvat trade.

You are talking as if Beauvillier was a negative value asset/albatross that hamstringed us. As it turns out, he didn't fit that well here so we just traded him, with no salary retention, receiving an asset in return. This makes it clear that he actually has value and that what you just posted is silly.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 1

2 hours ago, tas said:

it was just textbook pr damage control spin. he knew it was bullshit but it was believable and not quite a lie. kudos to allvin for doing his job well. 

Actually new Beau in our time with us had almost exactly the same goals and points as Fat Wallet has with the islanders during the same timeframe. So, by your standard, Fat Wallet must have been a cap dumperoo. 
And then Allvin (who is Gillis great) flipped the first and stole Hronek! Hronek is top five in NHL D in scoring. What’s Fat Wallet doing? 

• ThereItIs 1

6 minutes ago, WeneedLumme said:

You are talking as if Beauvillier was a negative value asset/albatross that hamstringed us. As it turns out, he didn't fit that well here so we just traded him, with no salary retention, receiving an asset in return. This makes it clear that he actually has value and that what you just posted is silly.

To get back to the first rounder, ask the Leafs what salary cap space costs for a player with little value. 
$4M in cap space at the end of the flat cap era is a significant asset to add to that 5th for a player that didn’t fit. 

Edited by DrJockitch
  • ThereItIs 1

1 minute ago, WeneedLumme said:

Beau just didn't have much value. Lou was smart to keep him in the deal. And who knows, maybe he finds his game with Miller.

Im sure they would have preferred to move Garland to Chi but this was a good trade for both teams. 

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

Actually new Beau in our time with us had almost exactly the same goals and points as Fat Wallet has with the islanders during the same timeframe. So, by your standard, Fat Wallet must have been a cap dumperoo. 
And then Allvin (who is Gillis great) flipped the first and stole Hronek! Hronek is top five in NHL D in scoring. What’s Fat Wallet doing? 

i have no issues with beauvillier or the trade whatsoever, but the fact remains that anthony was a warm body and a cash swap and allvin equating him to a 1st rounder was total spin. 

again, no complaints from me. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1