[Trade] Canucks Trade Anthony Beauvillier to Blackhawks for 2024 5th round pick

Screw

6 minutes ago, Provost said:

I mean… except that we are cap compliant, and well under our LTIR overage by almost $6 million right now.

Kuzmenko never came off the cap so you don’t have to add him in again as he is already counted.

We can activate Soucy (which is apparently a long way away), add Zadorov, and still have cap space to spare.

You don’t have to waive Aman, we have 8D up right now, most of whom can be sent down to make room for Zadorov.

Who (or what) do you think is a viable trade for Zadorov?

Just now, Bob Long said:

I hope Cowtown does it for Garland. I hate the idea of giving that hooplehead town anything good.

The way Garland has been playing lately CGY might just do a package that includes him. 

We'd have to add an NHL ready younger guy for sure.. 

• ThereItIs 1

The team is a little worse without Beau, but should be better once his salary is reallocated.  I’m very happy to see us dump him and a little surprised he had positive trade value. Nothing against him - enjoyed watching him play here and wish him all the best.

He isn’t a top 6 player on a good team, and his salary and style make him a bad fit for a bottom six role. He’ll get a better chance in Chi and wherever he goes at the tdl to show off his skills and earn his next contract. Win-win trade.

I am warming up to PA. Good job building support for the core and not afraid to move on quickly when his moves don’t work out. Really appreciate that he doesn’t mind looking silly calling Beau ‘like a first round pick’ when we got him, and dumping him for nothing a few months later.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Provost said:

It would be nice to think so… at least something better than Bear.

I had even mentioned a Ristolainen+Laughton trade last week as a risky big swing move.  There are a few guys who are fairly decent upgrades.  There could be someone off the board.  

This cap space makes a LOT of moves possible.  

Risto + Laughton woukd be a great trade for us. Top four (right shot) D and a checking centre. The cost might not be too crazy because Risto doesn’t have much value. I like him though. Interesting proposal. Alf’s empties like this idea! 🥃

49 minutes ago, EdgarM said:

Bear is not a top 4 dman, we have enough 5,6,7,8.9,10 dmen already. :classic_biggrin:

We have to stop being OK with mediocrity, we need to build this team right and not just put band aids on everything,

Still need NHL level depth 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, RinkonRenfrew said:

The team is a little worse without Beau, but should be better once his salary is reallocated.  I’m very happy to see us dump him and a little surprised he had positive trade value. Nothing against him - enjoyed watching him play here and wish him all the best.

He isn’t a top 6 player on a good team, and his salary and style make him a bad fit for a bottom six role. He’ll get a better chance in Chi and wherever he goes at the tdl to show off his skills and earn his next contract. Win-win trade.

I am warming up to PA. Good job building support for the core and not afraid to move on quickly when his moves don’t work out. Really appreciate that he doesn’t mind looking silly calling Beau ‘like a first round pick’ when we got him, and dumping him for nothing a few months later.

With Beauvillier it wasn't that his move didn't work out and he had to move on... he had to take salary back in Horvat trade. He knew what he was getting and he knew he'd have to move Beau sooner or later.. he just had to wait for Correy Perry to do his magic and voila..

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, RinkonRenfrew said:

So the trade now stands at

Horvat

Raty, Hronek and a 5th.  

1 minute ago, higgyfan said:

Who (or what) do you think is a viable trade for Zadorov?

I am not good at trades… but as long as we don’t give up a 1st or a top prospect, I am good.  Zadorov is a complementary player and not a guy you throw a lot of assets at to be a rental.

He may be overpriced and not worth what Calgary is demanding.

I am not high on Raty as he doesn’t seem to be a stylistic fit to the way we want to play.  I would move him for Zadorov.

• Upvote 1

I’m just surprised WE didn’t send the 5th.  

Im going to be honest.  
I really wasn’t a fan of this management to begin with, but they have been pretty damn good for a while now.  

I’ll be pissed if we give Bear 2 mill instead of getting a real top 4, but they really do seem to be trying to create a winner, as opposed to Benning.  

3 minutes ago, canucks curse said:

OMG current cap space of 5.7 scmillll is this reallll??????

No its not real! unless you dont want Soucy back.

thats 3 mil of your bucket of gold

Yes we just gained a huge victory in dumping Beau if that happened but its kinda fools gold because you also gotta put someone in.

8 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

Beauvillier is UFA at end of season.. so his cap hit was just for this season. 

Very valuable 4 mill cap saved. Needed Beau or Garland traded. It was just a matter of time. 

Thanks to Correy Perry it happened sooner than later.. and we didn't have to pay someone to take the cap off our hands. 

yeah, I simply meant that we probably need to be cautious about picking up a player with a multi-year contract of similar value.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Provost said:

I am not good at trades… but as long as we don’t give up a 1st or a top prospect, I am good.  Zadorov is a complementary player and not a guy you throw a lot of assets at to be a rental.

He may be overpriced and not worth what Calgary is demanding.

I am not high on Raty as he doesn’t seem to be a stylistic fit to the way we want to play.  I would move him for Zadorov.

Good post. I mentioned Raty a couple of weeks back when Zadorov asked for a trade.. 

I'd do that no problem at all...