[Trade] Canucks Trade Anthony Beauvillier to Blackhawks for 2024 5th round pick

Screw

1 minute ago, stawns said:

tomlinson: doing a good job at pinning rh Ducks in their own end

shots- 4-0 Ducks

Almost as good as Ferraro's offside comment the other night

How about that one...

Brock Boeser sits alone on top of the mountain!!

Boeser leads the league in goals..

Gotta admit you liked that call by Tomlinson...

6 minutes ago, Provost said:

Just to be clear, you picked some exceptions from over more than twenty years… and your list literally included Ben Hutton.

That was over 2,000 picks from all those rounds, so your list is about 1.5% and the guys who didn’t make the list are 98.5%.

A 5th round pick isn’t nothing, but it has very little value because virtually none of them will ever play.

Yes, these are certainly exceptions and not the rule ... and yes cherry picked. I could have put Pavel Bure 6th round if that makes a point. Or Patrick Sundatrom, Petri Skriko in 8th and 9th rounds.

List was a conversation piece and interesting.

Edited by Rocket-68

1 minute ago, 43isprime said:

Remember Allvin sold Beauvillier as having the value of a first round pick.

Yes, and what I liked about that is he owns it and didn't try and spin the trade or keep him in hopes of the trade working out at the detriment of the team .... as other GMs have done.

4 minutes ago, 43isprime said:

No he didn’t. Sllvin dumped Horfat Walkst for way more than the elephant in the room was worth. And now he added a fifth after having Beau play for us at a level pretty close to what old Bo did. IMHAO that’s friggin’ brilliant and a huge win for us. 

• Cheers 1

16 minutes ago, 43isprime said:

Ya, 28th OA pick in 2015.  I chuckled at that tbh. 

But moving Beau for his full cap hit of $4.125M for a 5th (their best 5th*) is pretty good.

edit, their best 5th (and only one) is Calgary's

Edited by Crabcakes
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Sophomore Jinx said:

In as much as I was a fan of Bear while he was here, he is a good person too, I hope they don't bring him back with the new cap....I'd rather someone new than retreading old tires

I’m not the biggest Bear fan but his numbers while here were solid. We were getting full value from him and likely will again - caveat: injury - and RT knows how and when to use him. If you can pick up a viable NHL Dman for just a contract value, which should still be reasonably cheap, you absolutely do it. Bear is a smart add if it happens. If not, def please pursue a top 4 Dman with term or who will extend with us.

• Cheers 1

9 minutes ago, EdgarM said:

Bear just screams "Plan B",  the main priority should be the top 4 D. Your suggestion seems like a bit of a stretch but OK. 

Bear is legit, solid, NHL depth. Zero reason not to add him assuming he comes in relatively cheap (he should).

Why is it a stretch? You want us to add a legit top 4 guy, which in agree is doable. Especially now that we've opened ~$4m. Bear is a layup, wants to be here and should come cheap. What's a "stretch" doing both?

2 minutes ago, Sophomore Jinx said:

In as much as I was a fan of Bear while he was here, he is a good person too, I hope they don't bring him back with the new cap....I'd rather someone new than retreading old tires

I'd prefer Bear over both Friedman or Juulsen but we won't get him for league minimum which is what they are earning.

If they add a top 4 D, I wouldn't expect a right hander for $4M

• Cheers 1

Pretty awesome.  Didn't think this would happen until TDL.  Garland isn't going anywhere folks.  He plays a role on this team that is a forward that can play anywhere from 4th line to 1st line.  

I expect a deal for a top 3 defenceman next.  Really the only real hole to fill right now.

3 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Bear is legit, solid, NHL depth. Zero reason not to add him assuming he comes in relatively cheap (he should).

Why is it a stretch? You want us to add a legit top 4 guy, which in agree is doable. Especially now that we've opened ~$4m. Bear is a layup, wants to be here and should come cheap. What's a "stretch" doing both?

If you think you are getting Bear for minimum I think that is a lot of wishful thinking. This group has strategically been very optimistic and strike when its in our favour in trades and acquistions. 

Sure if Bear wants to play for cheap, by all means, but I think this management group has a plan and I don't think they just want to be OK. They have specific players in mind and I think that player looks a lot like Zadorov and a lot less like Bear IMHO.