[Trade] Canucks Trade Anthony Beauvillier to Blackhawks for 2024 5th round pick

Screw

47 minutes ago, stawns said:

He has 30 days before he requires waivers going back down.

Did a bit of research.

It appears that @Tusk is correct about Aman needing to clear waivers to go back down to Abby but not for his stated reasons.

Aman played 68 games for Vancouver last year. The magic number of games played in the NHL is 70 games before clearing waivers is required. So, Aman was able to go down to Abbotsford at the beginning of the year without going through waivers. He signed a new contract and was recalled and played in a couple of games. He now has played 70 games in the NHL and will have to clear waivers to go back down, regardless of whether he plays in less than 10 games and/or is on the roster for less than 30 days.

I doubt that he would clear waivers without a claim being put in, so I am assuming that he stays on roster for the rest of this year.

• Thanks 2
  • Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

Just now, EdgarM said:

If you think you are getting Bear for minimum I think that is a lot of wishful thinking. This group has strategically been very optimistic and strike when its in our favour in trades and acquistions. 

Sure if Bear wants to play for cheap, by all means, but I think this management group has a plan and I don't think they just want to be OK. They have specific players in mind and I think that player looks a lot like Zadorov and a lot less like Bear IMHO.

I think they look to add both to be honest.

Something like:

Hughes Bear

Zadorov Hronek

Cole Soucy

• Vintage 2

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

I think they look to add both to be honest.

Something like:

Hughes Bear

Zadorov Hronek

Cole Soucy

I see Bear as a replacement for Hughes or Hronek if either of them go down, I don't think Bear would come in for his defensive prowess or his shut down capabilities in the top 4. 

If we just sign Bear with the money ... ugggg. I hope they have a trade in place for a better player who will actually make us better. In either case good move, he's an expiring player whom isn't in our future and really isn't helping us now. That's smart management at least.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, EdgarM said:

If you think you are getting Bear for minimum I think that is a lot of wishful thinking. This group has strategically been very optimistic and strike when its in our favour in trades and acquistions. 

Sure if Bear wants to play for cheap, by all means, but I think this management group has a plan and I don't think they just want to be OK. They have specific players in mind and I think that player looks a lot like Zadorov and a lot less like Bear IMHO.

For $1-$1.5m (prorated)... Absolutely IMO. His situation doesn't exactly lend itself to a huge payday.

Easily do that and add a "Zadorov". Though I hope we're aiming higher than Zadorov. I want another "Hronek" type deal. Zadorov is a great idea addition this summer as a UFA (assuming Calgary doesn't want to move him to us for anything reasonable).

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, aGENT said:

For $1-$1.5m (prorated)... Absolutely IMO. His situation doesn't exactly lend itself to a huge payday.

Easily do that and add a "Zadorov". Though I hope we're aiming higher than Zadorov. I want another "Hronek" type deal. Zadorov is a great idea addition this summer as a UFA (assuming Calgary doesn't want to move him to us for anything reasonable).

We have the luxury of being a little patient at this point.

2 minutes ago, VegasCanuck said:

So, does this mean, we're SIGNING COREY PERRY???????????????????????????????????????????

😉

Signing Perry, Bear and Kessel to league min deals and trading for Zadorov at 30% retained. 

Good weed.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, EdgarM said:

We have the luxury of being a little patient at this point.

Sure. Somewhat anyway. Though with Soucy injured, sooner would be better. But yes, management can wait for another "Hronek" deal and add Bear for cheap in the interim.

1 minute ago, aGENT said:

Sure. Somewhat anyway. Though with Soucy injured, sooner would be better. But yes, management can wait for another "Hronek" deal and add Bear for cheap in the interim.

We are still in assessing and building stage and we are trying to see what we have in the minors. Bear is a slight improvement over them but not by much. If we could acquire him for cheap and deal him at the TDL I woud be good with that. Good asset management. 

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Artemus said:

Did a bit of research.

It appears that @Tusk is correct about Aman needing to clear waivers to go back down to Abby but not for his stated reasons.

Aman played 68 games for Vancouver last year. The magic number of games played in the NHL is 70 games before clearing waivers is required. So, Aman was able to go down to Abbotsford at the beginning of the year without going through waivers. He signed a new contract and was recalled and played in a couple of games. He now has played 70 games in the NHL and will have to clear waivers to go back down, regardless of whether he plays in less than 10 games and/or is on the roster for less than 30 days.

I doubt that he would clear waivers without a claim being put in, so I am assuming that he stays on roster for the rest of this year.

Yes, this is correct.  According to CapFriendly, Nils Aman is no longer waiver eligible.  He will be with the team permanently. That’s why they signed him to a two year one way extension…