[Trade] Canucks Trade Anthony Beauvillier to Blackhawks for 2024 5th round pick

Screw

17 minutes ago, EdgarM said:

If you think you are getting Bear for minimum I think that is a lot of wishful thinking. This group has strategically been very optimistic and strike when its in our favour in trades and acquistions. 

Sure if Bear wants to play for cheap, by all means, but I think this management group has a plan and I don't think they just want to be OK. They have specific players in mind and I think that player looks a lot like Zadorov and a lot less like Bear IMHO.

Yup. Bear seems very conceited to me. He apparently wanted a 3 year deal worth $$2.5 to $3 million this summer and did literally nothing to deserve anything more than a 1 year show me contract. He's been skating in Canucks gear though so my fear is that we're probably going to sign him. I sure hope it's not as multi-year deal. Really really hoping it's not going to be money thrown down the drain when we need it most. To be honest I would rather pay him $4 mil for one year than hand out a multi year deal to a tiny and defensively poor defenceman. :frantic:

I don't want him at any cost so I sure he proves me wrong when he gets here.

-Also, on a somewhat related note for those insane people that keep talking about re=signing Myers ... he's showing us once again why that's a very bad idea.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

20 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

Out of curiosity what do you dislike Bear so much? We only had him last year and he was one of our better Dman on a atrocious blueline. I don't wanna give him a long expensive contract, but 1-2 million a year for a year or two seems pretty low risk/high reward. 

As for the trade -> Solid trade. Pick likely will be nothing and Beau is a solid player (even in the bottom 6), but the cap wins here. $4+ million freed up is great. Think they'll look for D.

However, in the chance they don't use up the cap space or say just use a little of it to sign Bear, I hope this management group looks at things like taking on an overpaid 1 year contract and a mid round draft pick. I think it'd be wise to continue to build out the future even if we're pushing for playoffs now. 

3 hours ago, MeanSeanBean said:

Why not hold on a bit longer and see if he value goes up closer to the deadline? What's in the works that we need cap right now?

I immediately thought that with Chicago terminating Perry's contact they might try and bring in a player to replace him. Not saying Beauvillier is a direct replacement, but he can help their lineup any they have plenty of cap space.

So, it's not that we need the space now, but rather there was an opportunity given Chicago had a hole to fill. Bear could be a possibility, but I think the former is more likely.

42 minutes ago, elvis15 said:

I immediately thought that with Chicago terminating Perry's contact they might try and bring in a player to replace him. Not saying Beauvillier is a direct replacement, but he can help their lineup any they have plenty of cap space.

So, it's not that we need the space now, but rather there was an opportunity given Chicago had a hole to fill. Bear could be a possibility, but I think the former is more likely.

Yep. Correy Perry definitely left a hole that needs to be filled.

Perfect for us we can help fill that hole with Beau. 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Gawdzukes said:

Yup. Bear seems very conceited to me. He apparently wanted a 3 year deal worth $$2.5 to $3 million this summer and did literally nothing to deserve anything more than a 1 year show me contract. He's been skating in Canucks gear though so my fear is that we're probably going to sign him. I sure hope it's not as multi-year deal. Really really hoping it's not going to be money thrown down the drain when we need it most. To be honest I would rather pay him $4 mil for one year than hand out a multi year deal to a tiny and defensively poor defenceman. :frantic:

-Also, on a somewhat related note for those insane people that keep talking about re=signing Myers ... he's showing us once again why that's a very bad idea.

I would not be opposed to resigning Myers for one year, for something like 1.5-2M. If he agrees to that, then that's great for a third pairing defenseman. But if he wants more, than he's more than welcome to explore the market. 

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

A Jim Benning type of move 😜

Jim Benning would've given the Hawks a 5th round pick to take Beau. lol 

That man just loved helping out other franchises around the league except for the one he was hired to help. Glad he's gone. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, N4ZZY said:

That man just loved helping out other franchises around the league except for the one he was hired to help. Glad he's gone. 

2nd rounder

He would have given them the trade mark 2nd round pick. 

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

Benning was probably bullied by other GMs. I don’t think anyone took Jim seriously. 

12 minutes ago, steviewonder20 said:

This is a “conditional” pick. Does anyone know what the conditions are, like it possibly being a higher pick if he scores x number of goals?

image.png.11feed99d764dda5b3648e31e8aba79a.png

From what I can tell reading NHL Cap Friendly a little bit, there are a lot of "conditional picks" involving various 5th round picks that Chicago will get back depending on how some of the trades they are wrapped up in turn out. 

Edited by Rocket-68
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

10 minutes ago, Dankmemes187 said:

you sure about that? plenty of players have done some pretty messed up things and came back to play.

If he was younger ya maybe.

But with his age and Beddard being the next big thing in hockey it's over for Perry. 

Only reason he was playing this year was to help Beddard and guide him and protect him and mentor him. Kinda like a father figure... like Maio Lemieux was to Crosby when Crosby was living in his basement for the first couple of years...

Apparently he took those instructions too literally... 

He's done in the NHL

Edited by WHL rocks