[Trade] Canucks Trade Anthony Beauvillier to Blackhawks for 2024 5th round pick

Screw

1 minute ago, WHL rocks said:

If he was younger ya maybe.

But with his age and Beddard being the next big thing in hockey it's over for Perry. 

Only reason he was playing this year was to help Beddard and guide him and protect him and mentor him.

Apparently he took that job too seriously... went full on father mode...

what? I heard he went full on his mother mode...

4 hours ago, tas said:

sure, but the narrative will be out there and they'll be hounded by it constantly both privately and publicly. how many times do you think a person can say "no, its not true" before it starts getting to them?

If that is the case, why the hell hasn't Blackhawks killed the rumours once and for all.... Its by far their prime asset... 

Just letting the kid and his family hang there to fend for themselves, doesn't make sense...

3 hours ago, stawns said:

So the trade now stands at

Horvat

Raty, Hronek and a 5th.  

Beau was an underperforming overpaid winger when nyi sent him to us. I viewed his inclusion at the time as a zero value cap dump with maybe some chance of him playing up to his contract.  

Your also missing the 2nd and the 4th.

Horvat, 2nd (ASP)

for Raty, Hronek, 4th, 5th.

Given how well Hronek has worked out so far that seems like fair value. Time will tell, but i’d pencil it a win-win for now.

• Cheers 1

Beauvillier was a throw in on the Horvat trade to make the money work.  Actually a pretty good player and a calculated move to bring back this season as could have been important for his offensive upside had Boeser not rebounded this season.  

Kuzmenko > Beauvillier 

Garland > Beauvillier 

Hoglander >  Beauvillier 

I think Canucks moved the right player today

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Drakrami said:

Well so much for the Horvat trade is equivalent to 3 1sts. 

If a contending team who really needs a top level RHD offers us two 1st round picks for Hronek I don't think JR takes it.. he'll pass.

We got the beat player in the trade. 

And the saying goes " the team that gets the best player wins the trade"

• Cheers 3
  • ThereItIs 1

15 minutes ago, Drakrami said:

Well so much for the Horvat trade is equivalent to 3 1sts. 

That wasn’t a very truthful comment when PA made it. Don’t think anyone who knows hockey believed it. He was being positive and probably just giving Raty and Beau some confidence about coming here. You could make the argument that is good management.

I am impressed that he’s willing to make moves like this and move on from mistakes regardless of the optics of him looking/sounding perhaps a little foolish. I think a lot of gm’s avoid those moves to the detriment of their team.

I don’t think i’m a PA fan quite yet, but he’s earning my respect.

30 minutes ago, RinkonRenfrew said:

That wasn’t a very truthful comment when PA made it. Don’t think anyone who knows hockey believed it. He was being positive and probably just giving Raty and Beau some confidence about coming here. You could make the argument that is good management.

I am impressed that he’s willing to make moves like this and move on from mistakes regardless of the optics of him looking/sounding perhaps a little foolish. I think a lot of gm’s avoid those moves to the detriment of their team.

I don’t think i’m a PA fan quite yet, but he’s earning my respect.

here’s the thing though…the GM realizes he also doesn’t have to take blame for how a player performs or what they choose to contribute.
Allvin can always make the argument he gave a stagnating, stifled NYIslander in Beau a new opportunity and in a more offense driven capacity which is his specialty, and he performed and then fell off. That’s how it goes. If you can’t create or earn an expectation that you can maintain, then someone else will get the shot. He was presented TOI with EP…doesn’t get much better than that. Mik is just a better fit. 

no slagging, but if Beau capitalized and started putting up Kuzmenko pts from last season on that line - and maintained it - and was also a positive contributor to EP, he would have potentially become worthy of a 1st round pick. The same as we could have apparently had for Kuzmenko. 

regardless, another savvy move by mgmt. very pleased.

Edited by RWJC
  • Like 1

i do get why they got rid of him im glad we kept garland over him, unless there moving garly out to, ill wait and see what happens. Beau was starting to bug me alot, looked promising when he got traded here, just surprised we couldnt***  get more, just a cap trade i guess.

giphy.gif

Edited by TNucks1

1 hour ago, spook007 said:

If that is the case, why the hell hasn't Blackhawks killed the rumours once and for all.... Its by far their prime asset... 

Just letting the kid and his family hang there to fend for themselves, doesn't make sense...

Here’s this for you from today’s presser “did not involve any players or their families and anything that suggests otherwise or anyone that suggests otherwise is wildly inaccurate, and frankly it’s disgusting.”

• Thanks 1

Unless there are a bunch of teams calling Bears agent, I don't see the Canucks signing him for anything over 1 mil for this year. 

Management have been really savvy. I expect this move to be followed up by one or two other moves to address D. 

Edited by DeltaSwede
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Mr Wrong said:

Allvin is just sooo much better a GM than Benning. Just wow!

Nah. Just GMs at different points of team building is all. Easy to look good when all you need to focus on is mostly supplemental and supporting pieces with a core in their prime on the rise. That wasn't the case when Jimbo was GM.  Just... different.

• Confused 2

8 minutes ago, DeltaSwede said:

Unless there are a bunch of teams calling Bears agent, I don't see the Canucks signing him for anything over 1 mil for this year. 

Management have been really savvy. I expect this move to be followed up by one or two other moves to address D. 

He was making 2.2 last year?  Could do the same again pro rated with how many games remaining. Probably lands him 900k or so.

Edited by Juice

1 hour ago, WHL rocks said:

If a contending team who really needs a top level RHD offers us two 1st round picks for Hronek I don't think JR takes it.. he'll pass.

We got the beat player in the trade. 

And the saying goes " the team that gets the best player wins the trade"

Yea Hronek trade is a homerun. Just saying. 

• Upvote 1