[Trade] Canucks Trade Anthony Beauvillier to Blackhawks for 2024 5th round pick

Screw

1 hour ago, IBatch said:

Yes.  And if they don't do a better job of squashing this rumour, then he's got a defamation case as well.   Who knows what actually happened.   Maybe he just was too rough with Bedard off the ice.   Or maybe he hazed or organized a hazing.   Hard to know.   The only thing that's strange about this, is how Bedard's name came into this so quickly.    Eventually it likely comes out for sure.    

Bedard is having a moment and has been the leagues baby face this year. 
Group think on social media loves to drag down famous people. 

1 minute ago, DrJockitch said:

Bedard is having a moment and has been the leagues baby face this year. 
Group think on social media loves to drag down famous people. 

What did Connor Bedard do that was inappropriate? Nothing. He’s not getting dragged through the mud. Perry will sue. There will be a civil case. Perry will tell his side then. 

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

What did Connor Bedard do that was inappropriate? Nothing. He’s not getting dragged through the mud. Perry will sue. There will be a civil case. Perry will tell his side then. 

Bedard’s name is being used to pump up this rumour. 
The only reason it was started and has perpetuated was because of the heat on Bedard’s name. 
Who is Perry going to sue, some Xitter trolls for their mean Xarts. 

5 hours ago, Drakrami said:

Adding Bear won't get us over the top. Now that we have 5.7mil in cap space, I'd look for a bigger upgrade. May be trade a 1st for a real top 4D. 

If the aquired Dman is quality and of the right age bracket, I'd absolutely be all over including the first in a trade for a top four D. My fear is teams will want Hogs as well. Man, that's tough. Hogs looks to be ready to become a steady NHLer.

I do love the usual assumption that because we have cap space someone is just going to give us a quality right D when half the league is looking for them.

Bear isn’t perfect but he is free and sort of available. Would I rather see another Hronek deal, not really can’t afford that under cap, but would love that level of player but those players don’t move that often and almost never this time of year. 
We do need to remember that agree with it or not this is a team being built for now, with an eye to the future but that is the secondary concern. 

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

5 minutes ago, Alflives said:

My original thought was that Perry was involved in some sort of hazing incident.

Since it appears it was not involving any players or families, most likely some sort of sexual misconduct/harassment towards someone connected to the team. Considering Kyle Beach fiasco, organization moved very quickly. Perry might sue if he was dismissed unjustly, which I highly doubt. 

25 minutes ago, Mackcanuck said:

Hey, a CHI 5th round pick is like a late 4th round pick

We didn't need Beau,

We need Cap Space!

$4M in Cap space is gold! 

Nah it's a good trade. If this was Benning it Canucks would have somehow have given up a 2nd (if Canucks still had theirs). 

Like a 5th for Vancouver + depth forward (or project Hawks already gave up on) for Vancouver's 2nd round pick

1 hour ago, IBatch said:

I've scoured the memory banks, and the biggest trade I can re-call, from an Alberta team, is Steve Staois to EDM.   Can't remember what we got back (a second?  third?  4th?), but it wasn't much, and wasn't that happy with the trade either - you could tell he had a lot of jam.   Think he actually was a Captain or co-Captain for them for awhile,  turned into a serviceable NHLer, and was a character guy.     The only advantage we have against other teams who are interested, is cap space.   Calgary wouldn't have to take a crappy player back, they could then weaponize that cap space themselves later. 

Edit:  Zadarov is plays 4-5th man minutes.    Not sure if he's the right guy, but he's big and he's a defensive defenseman.    For sure would be a good add.    Like a mild upgrade on Soucy maybe.   Like his size, and with the make-up of the team, he could be the UFA we can afford next season, but would try and work a trade and sign into it if he's indeed our target.    Not a fan of rentals at this stage.    The cost to acquire likely will be steep.    If we managed to do it, and keep our first, then expect one of our better prospects going the other way.  

Tanev also would be fine.    And won't cost as much. 

You make a lot of good points 

Zadorov I think would be too costly for a no. 4 d man 

agree upgrade on Soucy but not a huge upgrade 

Rasmuss Andersson has right fit written all over him for us but doubt calgary trades him… let alone to us

tanev would be great for morale if cost not too high plus he would fit in seamlessly until he gets hurt 

he would resign with us 

looking at teams that have totally or almost fallen out - Ottawa - everyone keeps coming back to Zub - but I doubt they move him 

hronek - was not on anyone’s radar - I knew him well and just thought he would be untouchable for DET as he seemed to be a major core piece given age, cap hit, position and ability - I’m sure our pro scouts have a list of the exact right guys we need

i cannot recall a bad move by our pro scouts yet …. Don’t jinx it 

but with cap space - we have the advantage now 

minny is interesting with brodin and spurgeon but those guys are older …

2 minutes ago, canucks curse said:

You make a lot of good points 

Zadorov I think would be too costly for a no. 4 d man 

agree upgrade on Soucy but not a huge upgrade 

Rasmuss Andersson has right fit written all over him for us but doubt calgary trades him… let alone to us

tanev would be great for morale if cost not too high plus he would fit in seamlessly until he gets hurt 

he would resign with us 

looking at teams that have totally or almost fallen out - Ottawa - everyone keeps coming back to Zub - but I doubt they move him 

hronek - was not on anyone’s radar - I knew him well and just thought he would be untouchable for DET as he seemed to be a major core piece given age, cap hit, position and ability - I’m sure our pro scouts have a list of the exact right guys we need

i cannot recall a bad move by our pro scouts yet …. Don’t jinx it 

but with cap space - we have the advantage now 

minny is interesting with brodin and spurgeon but those guys are older …

There have been some moves for bad players or at least players that didn’t fit.
One of the amazing things about this group is their ability to identify that and move on from a player. Stillman, Lazar, Beau off the top of my head. 

2 hours ago, IBatch said:

I've scoured the memory banks, and the biggest trade I can re-call, from an Alberta team, is Steve Staois to EDM.   Can't remember what we got back (a second?  third?  4th?), but it wasn't much, and wasn't that happy with the trade either - you could tell he had a lot of jam.   Think he actually was a Captain or co-Captain for them for awhile,  turned into a serviceable NHLer, and was a character guy.     The only advantage we have against other teams who are interested, is cap space.   Calgary wouldn't have to take a crappy player back, they could then weaponize that cap space themselves later. 

Edit:  Zadarov is plays 4-5th man minutes.    Not sure if he's the right guy, but he's big and he's a defensive defenseman.    For sure would be a good add.    Like a mild upgrade on Soucy maybe.   Like his size, and with the make-up of the team, he could be the UFA we can afford next season, but would try and work a trade and sign into it if he's indeed our target.    Not a fan of rentals at this stage.    The cost to acquire likely will be steep.    If we managed to do it, and keep our first, then expect one of our better prospects going the other way.  

Tanev also would be fine.T    And won't cost as much. 

To late Tanev took another puck in thee face. I am not high on Tanev because of his age but also is high incidence of injury. If the Canucks are a playoff team then Chris would not be a good bet. 

11 hours ago, D.B Cooper said:

I’m just surprised WE didn’t send the 5th.  

Im going to be honest.  
I really wasn’t a fan of this management to begin with, but they have been pretty damn good for a while now.  

I’ll be pissed if we give Bear 2 mill instead of getting a real top 4, but they really do seem to be trying to create a winner, as opposed to Benning.  

Smart GM's don't trade like Jim Benning. 😄

• Upvote 1
  • ThereItIs 1

14 minutes ago, CBH1926 said:

My original thought was that Perry was involved in some sort of hazing incident.

Since it appears it was not involving any players or families, most likely some sort of sexual misconduct/harassment towards someone connected to the team. Considering Kyle Beach fiasco, organization moved very quickly. Perry might sue if he was dismissed unjustly, which I highly doubt. 

Just Don't!!! its so silly to make up random scenario's

23 minutes ago, AussieCanuckinUK said:

Frustrated Headache GIF by Kelly Clarkson

5th rounder....ffs...useless...is this a salary dump? wasn't he on an expiring contract? ...bye Beau....thanks for all your efforts have fun in Chi town....replacing Perry....talk about an organisation more dysfunctional than the Nucks 🙃

Yes, it's a salary dump. We get much needed cap space. Beau gets his chance to be on the 1st line with Bedard

6 minutes ago, canucks curse said:

Minny not ready to punt in season but outside of Rasmussen andersson in CGY 

jonas brodin would be an amazing fit 

Brodin has been a steady defenceman for years. But $6 million at age 30, until 2028. Not sure I'd want him THAT bad on our team.

Besides Minny would want the moon for him.

33 minutes ago, DrJockitch said:

Bedard’s name is being used to pump up this rumour. 
The only reason it was started and has perpetuated was because of the heat on Bedard’s name. 
Who is Perry going to sue, some Xitter trolls for their mean Xarts. 

Perry will sue the Hawks. He will present his side of the story in civil court. 

Perfect trade. There's no way we're getting this kind of value any time of the year for Beauvellier - no one was going to take on that 4 million cap hit freely. Took advantage of Chicago's situation and even got an asset back. 

Agree with some here though - I hope we don't just use this cap hit to sign Ethan Bear. Might as well use the flexibility to look for a more long-term solution. Perhaps something like Hronek is a bit farfetched, but something to that effect. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Dankmemes187 said:

Just Don't!!! its so silly to make up random scenario's

It’s an internet chat forum. We make up stuff all the time. And then we voice our opinions about the stuff that was just made up. Imo Perry will sue the Hawks and then present his side of the story in civil court. But his getting the boot opened a spot for Beau V. And our brilliant GM took advantage of the opportunity. No retention. We even got a pick back. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1