[Trade] Canucks Trade Anthony Beauvillier to Blackhawks for 2024 5th round pick

Screw

5 minutes ago, stawns said:

I'd think Kuz for Pesce, straight up, makes the most sense.  Kuz is, after all a 39 goal guy and though he hasn't lit the lamp much this year, he's shown he's capable.  Pesce is on an expiring contract, so it's a good deal for Carolina, imo.

I'd like to see if Garland or Hoglander can play with Petey before we trade Kuzmenko. It's one thing to trade a winger playing in the bottom 6, but it's a whole other issue to trade a top 6 winger without an adequate replacement (especially when Petey's like is already struggling with consistency).

1 minute ago, Diamonds said:

I'd like to see if Garland or Hoglander can play with Petey before we trade Kuzmenko. It's one thing to trade a winger playing in the bottom 6, but it's a whole other issue to trade a top 6 winger without an adequate replacement (especially when Petey's like is already struggling with consistency).

I have no doubt that hogz would do well there, but I agree, I'd like to see him in that spot.  I don't think I see any deal for a dman as imminent

• Cheers 1

9 minutes ago, Diamonds said:

I'm not sure why people are so quick to talk of 'trading Kuz"... perhaps its the reactionary vancouver fans who seem to always need a whipping boy. Kuz is off to a slower start yes, and Tocchet is pushing him in ways to make him a better all around player. People seem to forget this is his second season in the NHL, after a stellar 39 goal effort which based on his shooting percentage was / is unsustainable.

Secondly, as teams know his game now, he has to LEARN to adjust it, as all talented players do. Last year he was an unknown, this year he his keyed on, and is learning to play / adjust as he needs. What's often called the sophomore slump is indeed real for these reasons. Many people were screaming to trade Boeser over the last two years for a bag of pucks and cap room....

I think most who are screaming trade Kuzmenko, should heed that lesson.

Edited by billydakid
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 3

8 minutes ago, stawns said:

people seem to forget the massive dead cap that they took on to buy out OEL

no ones forgetting it. JR and PA made the calculation that even with the hit, we'd have a better roster. They are probably right. OEL just isn't worth that salary, even with his lil FLA bump.

• Cheers 4

7 minutes ago, billydakid said:

I'm not sure why people are so quick to talk of 'trading Kuz"... perhaps its the reactionary vancouver fans who seem to always need a whipping boy. Kuz is off to a slower start yes, and Tocchet is pushing him in ways to make him a better all around player. People seem to forget this is his second season in the NHL, after a stellar 39 goal effort which based on his shooting percentage was / is unsustainable.

Secondly, as teams know his game now, he has to LEARN to adjust it, as all talented players do. Last year he was an unknown, this year he his keyed on, and is learning to play / adjust as he needs. What's often called the sophomore slump is indeed real for these reasons. Many people were screaming to trade Boeser over the last two years for a bag of pucks and cap room....

I think most who are screaming trade Kuzmenko, should heed that lesson.

I can't speak for anyone else, but if they're looking for a top 4 dman, then they're going to have to giove up something valuable and Kuz is one of the few who have real value on the market, so it kind of makes sense, no?

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

4 minutes ago, Hammertime said:

Have to be careful here. Whoever we add need's to still fit into our cap structure next year. 

if there is a major deal in play, it will certainly be for someone who's at least in 1 more year of RFA, or maybe an extension is worked out ahead of time. 

1 minute ago, Bob Long said:

no ones forgetting it. JR and PA made the calculation that even with the hit, we'd have a better roster. They are probably right. OEL just isn't worth that salary, even with his lil FLA bump.

and people can feel how they want to feel, but to say they "cleared out X amount of cap space" is false........they cleared it out this year.  Next year and for many years after, it comes back significantly

3 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

if there is a major deal in play, it will certainly be for someone who's at least in 1 more year of RFA, or maybe an extension is worked out ahead of time. 

in the case of a Pesce deal (assuming he wants to come here), I'd think an extension would be in place prior to the deal being finalized.

3 minutes ago, Odd. said:

I don’t see why Carolina has any interest in moving Pesce, especially if they’re trying to compete for a cup.

well, they've been trying for awhile with this same group and haven't really come close yet.  Their window is closing and they need to make some kind of change to see if they can get over that hump.  Is Kuz the right guy to do it?  Who knows

5 minutes ago, Odd. said:

I don’t see why Carolina has any interest in moving Pesce, especially if they’re trying to compete for a cup.

This baffles me as well, Peeke, Tanev make sense. Zadorov we might not be able to afford next year. Unless we can trade Garland too. But we should be aiming to cover the #2 Rd for a year or two. Not swinging for the fences. But they should pull the trigger sooner rather than later. If there's a trade for a player + a high pick for a signed RHD put there sure. Otherwise I think Peeke or Tanev maybe 

2 hours ago, Ballisticsports said:

Is that even worth polling?

Getting that in return for giving up  less than 2 months of owning Bo, while not becoming the highest bidder resigning him with 8 more years of high cap for keeping the team the same as always, We need to build a team here not be nostalgic 

Well said. 

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Rick_theRyper said:

This baffles me as well, Peeke, Tanev make sense. Zadorov we might not be able to afford next year. Unless we can trade Garland too. But we should be aiming to cover the #2 Rd for a year or two. Not swinging for the fences. But they should pull the trigger sooner rather than later. If there's a trade for a player + a high pick for a signed RHD put there sure. Otherwise I think Peeke or Tanev maybe 

Jackets don't want Kuzy.  They already have +$18M of their salary cap invested in high scoring floaters.

6 minutes ago, Outsiders said:

They can't afford to let him walk for nothing 

Sure they can. Playoff teams go on runs and let players walk afterwards all the time. I don't think they trade Pesce unless theirs an offer they can't refuse. Their focus should be on the playoffs deal with his contract demands later. 

18 hours ago, Bob Long said:

I'd be happy to turn this into Phil and Bear, do hope there's something bigger in the works

There seems to be alot of Phil support here, I'm not sure that is a good idea, hasn't played all year and no one else is interested in him.

But hey he did once play in Pit.

GCG

• Like 1

If I was management, who are apparently looking hard for a defenseman still, I would look at teams that are currently underperforming and might want to send some cap space before the deadline. The first two teams that jump out to me are Pittsburgh and Ottawa. For Pittsburgh I would probably look at Marcus Pettersson and for Ottawa I would look at Artem Zub. 

For Marcus Pettersson, and 2nd is probably enough to get it done.

For Artem Zub, Ottawa would probably want a defenseman in return. Maybe Myers at 50% retained + a 2nd works but might also have to throw in a prospect.

• Cheers 1

Boy you guys are like last year rah rah rah for Kuz and now you guys are thinking of trading him. I wouldn't trade him because he adds another dimension the puzzle to this team's success and future success. This is his 2nd year only in the NHL and he will continue to get better. Better off trading someone else for a D but definitely not him IMO. We should try to convince Nikita Tryamkin to come back and play for us and we won't need to trade anyone. I rather have Tryamkin over Zadorov. 

Edited by RolexSub
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, RolexSub said:

Boy you guys are like last year rah rah rah for Kuz and now you guys are thinking of trading him. I wouldn't trade him because he adds another dimension the puzzle to this team's success and future success. This is his 2nd year only in the NHL and he will continue to get better. Better off trading someone else for a D but definitely not him IMO. We should try to convince Nikita Tryamkin to come back and play for us and we won't need to trade anyone. I rather have Tryamkin over Zadorov. 

If he was going to, he would have. That ship has sailed. 

• ThereItIs 1